Skyrim - "Millions" of PC Players

My comment was in regard to 58% of players not reaching level 25 as per Steam statistics. Even with the abysmal controls, I've tried to forge ahead with the game, but stuff keeps annoying me at every turn. Things like stealing a farmer's crops right in front of them as they till the land…

Just because it's the supreme numero uno game ever conceived for some people doesn't necessarily make it so for others. Which is why I took exception to the suggestion that people with under 25 hours simply had to be second, third, tenth playthroughs…

I'm sure the count did not mean that all of the 58% was because of restarts. I have no doubt that a portion of that 58% is due to restarting and a portion is due to people just not liking it as you stated.

While I did have characters over level 25 I greatly limited the amount of content that I completed because i'm waiting for mods.

To me the greatest strength of these games is the mod community. Getting to shape the game and make it in to the game I want it to be or as close as possible. I'm sure that most of my gripes will be modded out. A lot of them already have without the creation kit.

I would assume that people waiting for mods would account for another portion of the 58%.

As for stealing I agree with you but every elder scrolls games been like that why would you assume it's changed? It too though will be fixed by modders, i'm sure.

Just my personal opinion, but if I was farming crops and had a hoe and was wearing homespun clothes; I wouldn't say a word to some heavily armed or clothed in magicka dude taking my stuff. I'd rather lose my food than my life. Besides, don't you know we only steal wheat? :)

I've played three different characters and from my recollection I don't believe I ever made it past level 25 or so within the first 75 hours.

You can advance very quickly by using certain exploits such as pickpocketing or smithing iron daggers, etc., but personally I enjoy the lower levels more and prefer advancing naturally.

I've played three different characters and from my recollection I don't believe I ever made it past level 25 or so within the first 75 hours.

You can advance very quickly by using certain exploits such as pickpocketing or smithing iron daggers, etc., but personally I enjoy the lower levels more and prefer advancing naturally.

I also enjoy the lower levels more. I even installed a mod to level 50% slower.

For me this holds true in just about every game I play. You can really feel character progression in the lower levels, the struggle to stay alive, get gold and good weapons.

Levels 1-15 feels like a night and day difference, whereas 15-30 feels pretty much the same. I think most games should devote a little more time to mid and end game development but I guess that's the time there rushing to finish.

I suppose there are mods to keep certain skills from leveling as fast (such as lockpicking, and stealth)?

Yes you can use skyrim relevel which will make everything level slower based on a straight percentage.Or...

Ely's uncapper will allow you to adjust the speed at which each skill will level and the modifier to how much that will effect your overall level, also you can remove the level cap or adjust the # of perks you get per level and a few other things.

THANKS!

I want to play a destruction/conjurer mage that sneaks and lockpicks and sells without levelling those thief skills (at the start at least). I was think the mage stone would help keep them lower as I levelled mage skills, but I didn't want the level speed up effect of the mage stone.

Thanks! It seems these have not been uploaded to the Workshop yet - are they from the nexus perhaps?

As stated before yes its on the nexus, I don't see myself using steams workshop in the future.

Thanks! It seems these have not been uploaded to the Workshop yet - are they from the nexus perhaps?

@thrasher gave you the link for ely's mod the name has changed.

I looked for skyrim relevel and the author has hidden the file. It should pop back up in a couple days I've seen it happen before they will hide the mod before releasing an update. Not sure why though. Or if you want I could send it to you. It's just 6 esp files. 10%,20%,30%,50%,70% and 100%. Their only 4k a piece you put which ever one you want to use in your data folder.

Your call. I know you don't know me so if your not comfortable taking the file I'd understand. Hopefully it will be up shortly again. In the NMM it lists the full name of the mod as zzz-skyrim relevel by Noirfx

As stated before yes its on the nexus, I don't see myself using steams workshop in the future.

I've downloaded a number of mods from steam workshop. It works alright and you can still manage those mods with NMM.

I do like nexus better though they have much better details on what the mods do. I'm not sure if steam limits how much info they can post with their mod or what but most have little to no info on what the mods do.

Back
Top Bottom