RPGWatch GOTY 2011

You can argue forever on wich titles should or should not be on the list, but you are missing the greatest title released this year, Dark Souls.
Alas, a thousand times alas, it was realised only on consoles, yet its nothing like a JRPG , but more like a western rpg made in japan. Hard, demanding and challenging gameplay, plenty of stats , a lot of care to put in your character build, vast areas, some secrets to explore. This one is a spiriutual succesor to games like underworld.
Well most of the titles of the list are xbox360 port, shoddy ports most often, so i think you guys shouldnt be as closed minded as the codex staff and integrate it in your list.

@Gorath

Are votes by anonymous users allowed or registered users only?

-> I would prefer registered RPGWatch users only.
At least make a separate statistic between these usergroups, please.

At the moment there is not a way of identifying registered users in the polls. Maybe something for next year.

Current status of internal discussion:
a) included

Can I get an explanation why for Demise? Hell, Ultima 7 got released for modern computers this year, does that count? Demise Ascension is just a re-release with a few more levels of content. It's almost just a patch.

Not denying it's a decent game though. It's just old as shit.

I'll ask again in the internal forum. I don't know much about it.

You can argue forever on wich titles should or should not be on the list, but you are missing the greatest title released this year, Dark Souls.
For sure one of the most polarising titles last year, but unfortunately it's not a PC game.

Demise was removed.

Back
Top Bottom