Raven's Cry - Quick Walkthrough of a Town

Since I generally love the setting, I'm going to keep an eye on further opinions but it doesn't look like it can really hold a candle to Black Flag.
It would probaly need three times the budget it was given to even reach Black Flag quality. I'm still interested in playing the game regardless despite some previews.

Hey Fluent, what is that music you have playing for your Youtube theme song?
Very nice dowtempo chill

It's a track I made awhile back.

Nice video.
Hey! Why kill the guy so cold blooded at 1:10?
Why the violence? :)
Oh, and not into ship battles. Is there like a auto combat? Just to get it over with fast as possible?

I wanted to show the combat a bit, but the guy didn't really fight back, did he? :)

No auto-resolve for ship battles, and I hope they tweak these battles in the final game. Some of them are annoyingly long, such as when you have to fight multiple ships in one battle, and the random battles can happen when you just want to get from point-A to point-B. I relayed this info to the devs so hopefully they can tweak things in this regard.

Screw Sea Dogs and Raven's Cry (at least from what's been shown here so far)… the best pirate game money can buy at the moment is Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag :) .
OK, it's not exactly a RPG but in terms of nailing the 18th century Caribbean pirate setting, sea combat, exploration, upgrading the ship and plundering it's the pirate game I have always wanted ever since I first played Pirates! a couple decades ago or so. It's that awesome.
Raven's Cry would have to have super-awesome quests and characters (the ones in Black Flag aren't half bad actually from Kenway, the main character, to Captain Kidd and Blackbeard or non-lead roles like Stede Bonnet) to make up for its shortcomings in visuals, atmosphere or the sea combat etc.
Since I generally love the setting, I'm going to keep an eye on further opinions but it doesn't look like it can really hold a candle to Black Flag.

I'm not really into AC games. I always prefer RPGs over action games like AC, but truthfully, Raven's Cry does borrow heavily from the AC games, it seems. I originally called Raven's Cry an action-adventure game, but I see it now as sort of a hybrid RPG/action-adventure with some simulation aspects.

I wanted to show the combat a bit, but the guy didn't really fight back, did he? :)

No auto-resolve for ship battles, and I hope they tweak these battles in the final game. Some of them are annoyingly long, such as when you have to fight multiple ships in one battle, and the random battles can happen when you just want to get from point-A to point-B. I relayed this info to the devs so hopefully they can tweak things in this regard.

He did not stand a chance. :)

Hope they polish those battles. And I was afraid of it that there is no auto combat mode. Guess the players have to put up with sea battles. Hehe.
Well if there is a strong story narrative, interesting NPS's, situations then it is good enough for me.
Liked the Risen games. But in the Titan Lords the problem was (for me)exactly the tedious ship battles even if there where few.
Anyway, will keep an eye on this one.

He did not stand a chance. :)

Hope they polish those battles. And I was afraid of it that there is no auto combat mode. Guess the players have to put up with sea battles. Hehe.
Well if there is a strong story narrative, interesting NPS's, situations then it is good enough for me.
Liked the Risen games. But in the Titan Lords the problem was (for me)exactly the tedious ship battles even if there where few.
Anyway, will keep an eye on this one.

You can skip random sea battles by hiring a Navigator NPC. So then you would be able to freely pick your battles, I think.

The game is very story-driven, lots of cinematics, lots of NPCs, adult themes, etc. It's not Risen, though. There isn't as much world interactivity as there is in the Risen games. In other words, the world is more for show and atmosphere rather than substance.

The NPCs should be fine, but I have to hear that voice acting first. The cutscenes currently have placeholder text in them, so it's hard to gauge.

Screw Sea Dogs and Raven's Cry (at least from what's been shown here so far)… the best pirate game money can buy at the moment is Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag :) .
And I instantly run over to buy the best money can buy then saw this:
pic.jpg

This is not a game, this is bloody DLC-o-rama.
Hell it's more expensive then Mass Effect DLCs, when did Ubi choose to follow EA's footsteps?

The best money can buy it will be when the whole package becomes available for 10 bucks. Till then it's a scam.

You can skip random sea battles by hiring a Navigator NPC. So then you would be able to freely pick your battles, I think.

The game is very story-driven, lots of cinematics, lots of NPCs, adult themes, etc. It's not Risen, though. There isn't as much world interactivity as there is in the Risen games. In other words, the world is more for show and atmosphere rather than substance.

The NPCs should be fine, but I have to hear that voice acting first. The cutscenes currently have placeholder text in them, so it's hard to gauge.

Thank you for your time. Helped me to know more about the game.

Guess there is still a lot to do for the devs.

Hell it's more expensive then Mass Effect DLCs, when did Ubi choose to follow EA's footsteps?

The best money can buy it will be when the whole package becomes available for 10 bucks. Till then it's a scam.

I have it and played it quite a bit, without a single DLC. There's tons of gameplay to be found without any micro transactions needed. Black Flag and Risen 2 get my votes for best pirate games so far.

I have it and played it quite a bit, without a single DLC. There's tons of gameplay to be found without any micro transactions needed. Black Flag and Risen 2 get my votes for best pirate games so far.

Shhhh no using logic....

And I instantly run over to buy the best money can buy then saw this:

It was close to 10 bucks during the Xmas sale. I paid €14.98 for the whole package (Deluxe Edition + Season Pass) and contrary to EA, Ubi at least has the decency to also discount the DLC (see attached screenie) :) .

Attachments

• Capture_cr.png
    Capture_cr.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 45
So what are we expecting for a real release date on this game?

26th of January. The voices, some side quests and a few small things need to be added, but they're already done as far as I'm aware. They are still working on improving the game, so we'll see what happens.

Season Pass
Season Pass?
If you see me buying that thing ever, feel free to kill me.

I said 10 bucks for the full package, which means game+all DLC+no more DLC incoming.
Season Pass, which is not game nor DLC but rather a thin air or more probably Ubi's CEO fart, excluded.

Originally Posted by Dajjer View Post
Very nice dowtempo chill

It's a track I made awhile back.

Wow
Is that your style or were you just messing around?

Originally Posted by Dajjer View Post
Very nice dowtempo chill

Wow
Is that your style or were you just messing around?

Just messing around.

Interesting, thanks for the infos.

Too bad though, unless I missed something, it sucks you can just kill an innocent without any consequence.

Rather then getting Sea Dogs you should get Pirates of the Caribbean, Age of Pirates , or City of Abandoned Ships which all have some great mods at http://www.piratesahoy.net/ .

Pirates of the Caribbean with the Build mod is what I recommend the most since the Build mod is great and even adds new story lines based around classic novels and real history.

Thanks for your work, Fluent! :)

I'm not the guy for sea battles as well… hope it won't be too much.
I saw a lot of positive aspects in the video. Might be a good game when it's filled with life (quests, dialogs etc.).

Back
Top Bottom