Elminage Gothic - Combat & Dungeon-Crawling

D

Deleted User

Fluent's first news bit!
smiley-sealed.gif
In this new 22-minute video, I take a look at the dungeon-crawling RPG, Elminage Gothic, and show off some of the exploration, combat and general dungeon-crawling features you can expect to find in the game.

Hello! Thanks for tuning in. In this exciting video, we take a look at the dungeon-crawling RPG, Elminage Gothic. We explore the starter dungeon, the Caves of Tsun-Karn, get into some combat, explore the area and generally play the game and explore the game systems!

I show off how the party-based, turn-based combat works, as well as how treasure chests are handled in the game, and we get a look at a few different enemy types and some unique encounters that are present in the game. Fun!
More information.

Thanks for another good video Fluent, and congratulations on your first news-post.:celebrate:

There is a map however, you have to buy them and they are one time use....so when you go into the dungeons you should stock up on them.

There is a map however, you have to buy them and they are one time use….so when you go into the dungeons you should stock up on them.

Yep, exactly this. They are called "Magic Maps", and you use them to view the entire layout of the area you've explored thus far, and then they disappear.

I also hear that there is a side quest early in the game that gives a reusable magic map item, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Thanks, Thrasher! :party: Nothing wrong with taking a little break now and then. :)

Last edited:
This reminds me so much of the early Wizardry and M&M RPG's. Picked it up at the launch on GOG as it was 50% discounted.

OMG is it hardcore as hell or what ;)

I remember similar game on my PS2 , Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land, several years ago. Lots of fun, back then hehe

Last edited:
There is a map however, you have to buy them and they are one time use….so when you go into the dungeons you should stock up on them.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll pass, mostly because it sounds like the game is hard as hell.

I'm too old and impatient for such things :)

Not only are there magic maps, you can also see the map with a level 1 wizard spell. Later you get the Goblin map, a reusable minimap. Great video, Fluent.

Is this a rogue-like or a save anywhere? I hate replaying the same areas when it's not my choice....

Is this a rogue-like or a save anywhere? I hate replaying the same areas when it's not my choice….

You can save anywhere, and it is not a rogue-like, it is a real dungeon-crawler RPG. Although, characters can die, but as far as I know they can be resurrected at a temple.

Is this a rogue-like or a save anywhere? I hate replaying the same areas when it's not my choice….

It is save anywhere, but you will have to go through some areas again in the first half of the game until you have the wizard spell teleport. Still most of the paths to different stairways are relatively direct (once you discover them) and don't involve all too many battles. There is an alchemist item (which you can craft even with no alchemist in the party. You can simply use the premade one to craft items for you) which shows all monster spawn squares on a map and once you have it you usually can go down to where you want without all too many combats. Some dungeons have four or five floors.

Thrash, there are random encounters, I believe, like in many JRPGs. BUT, you can select a skill for one of your characters that acts passively and reduces the encounter rate, thus making it less likely to get into combat. :)

It is save anywhere, but you will have to go through some areas again in the first half of the game until you have the wizard spell teleport. Still most of the paths to different stairways are relatively direct (once you discover them) and don't involve all too many battles. There is an alchemist item (which you can craft even with no alchemist in the party. You can simply use the premade one to craft items for you) which shows all monster spawn squares on a map and once you have it you usually can go down to where you want without all too many combats. Some dungeons have four or five floors.

Just curious, when you say monster spawn squares, do you mean squares that have a chance of spawning a random encounter, or squares that always spawn a random encounter.

I think when I do pick this one up (soon) I will probably play with the infinite map mod.

Back
Top Bottom