BioWare - David Gaider Leaves

So instead of making original worlds and settings, he went onto cash-in nostalgia on phones.

Bravo! Such a step forward in a career. No, it's more like two steps forward.

It's official.

We're very pleased to welcome David Gaider to the company as our new creative director. Originally we advertised for the position of senior writer, but when David contacted Trent about the position, we upgraded the role.

David is well known for his design and writing work on Baldur’s Gate 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Dragon Age: Origins. He brings 17 years of experience to our little team and we couldn't be happier to work with him. David will lead the writing team and direct new creative endeavors for the company.

Welcome, David!

Sounds intresting. Gaider will have a major role in their next game. Maybe baldur's gate 3 doesn't sound that far fetched any more. :)

Great news. I'm pleased to see him going back to this kind of game. Hope something good comes out of it. He's been involved in many of my favorite games.

I'm actually kind of relieved to hear this news, frankly. Not a fan. And I was worried he might show up at some studio that I really like, such as CD project, which make the Witcher games, or there were rumors of him joining Larian, the makers of the Divine Divinity games. That would have sucked, from my point of view. Joining the Baldur's Gate revival people, well, that is ok with me. He might actually do a good job there too, because it is up his alley and he worked on that stuff in the past, like Dragon Age origins, which I think was a pretty damn good game...

Bring on romances with dark elf chicks, Gaider! :p

David mused over the idea of making a game without romance in 2014 in his now deleted tumblr and now he is in a position to enforce the idea (creative director)…

I'm personally much more exited by Brent Knowles (DAO lead designer) coming back to designing games though. He only care about making tactical party based RPGs.

Brent Knowles is at Beamdog? How did I miss that!
Good news indeed.

The first RPG romance I remember was in BG2. I was dating Aerie the Fairy. She got mad and demanded that Korgan be ejected from the party, which I've noticed is something that girlfriends sometimes do when one of your mates is a bit of a prick. So that was quite realistic.

Then she was abducted by vampires, and I had to stay up for hours to go full-Buffy on the horrible buggers.

I thought it was all good fun.

I'm personally much more exited by Brent Knowles (DAO lead designer) coming back to designing games though.

Brent Knowles is at Beamdog? How did I miss that!
Good news indeed.

Is there a webseite which lists known employees of the industry, their current employer and a track record?
If not this should be implemented and maintained here at the Watch. :)

Is there a webseite which lists known employees of the industry, their current employer and a track record?
If not this should be implemented and maintained here at the Watch. :)

MobyGames, but it's tied to game credits.

The first RPG romance I remember was in BG2. I was dating Aerie the Fairy. She got mad and demanded that Korgan be ejected from the party, which I've noticed is something that girlfriends sometimes do when one of your mates is a bit of a prick. So that was quite realistic.

Then she was abducted by vampires, and I had to stay up for hours to go full-Buffy on the horrible buggers.

I thought it was all good fun.
The first romance I remember was in Fallout 2. I banged this middle-aged woman who happened to be the wife of a crime lord who later found out about it. He didn't seem to care too much about it though but he did take advantage of the situation by forcing me to do some dirty work for him as "payback".

They just don't make sweet romances like this anymore :D.

The first romance I remember was in Fallout 2. I banged this middle-aged woman who happened to be the wife of a crime lord who later found out about it. He didn't seem to care too much about it though but he did take advantage of the situation by forcing me to do some dirty work for him as "payback".

They just don't make sweet romances like this anymore :D.
I'm not sure if the first "victim" was her or their daughter in my case… But they were both mine in the end. ;)
Third is a charm? Well... Lost fistgame against supermutant later... Dunno if it's a charm.

So instead of making original worlds and settings, he went onto cash-in nostalgia on phones.

Yeah, how dare Beamdog make classic PC RPGs playable on phones and tablets, giving us further options on how we want to play.

By the way, my dad and I are co-op playing through Icewind Dale on our tablets right now. After this we will be playing through Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, hopefully with Siege of Dragonspear included. Thank you, Beamdog!!! :)

Yes, how dare they milking out IE games to death. Yes, they brought a new options to play masterpieces more easily, that I can appreciate. But adding mediocre contents that stand out so much against the original contents (which is far better) and charge $20 I don't appreciate. Not to mention introducing more bugs and ugly UI. Yes, I'm picky but I'm also entitled to my own opinion just as you are :)

On the other hand, I would appreciate it more if they finally move on from milking the crap out of IE games and make their own IP as azarhal mentioned in different threads.

Back
Top Bottom