Neverwinter Nights mod questions.

D

Deleted User

Hello!

I have recently started playing NWN mods and I have a few questions.

I never played an NWN game before, so I'm sorry if these are completely nooby questions. :)

#1 - I have a familiar I can call, as well as a few party members. Can I give all of them direct orders? When I click on their portrait on the right of the screen, nothing happens. Can someone explain how group combat works in this game?

#2 - Do I need to manually equip all my party members and take care of them like in the Baldur's Gate games?

#3 - Are scrolls a one-use item? Can I learn spells by reading scrolls (I'm a Sorcerer)?

If I think of any more I'll post them. Help is definitely appreciated, but please, no spoilers of any kind. Thank you! :)

I'll try to answer them the best that I can Fluent.

#1- Unfortunately NWN doesn't allow you to change your companions AI, or give them orders like you can in NWN 2, that is one issue I hate about the game.

Still you do have the option to talk to them in the dialogue window, and tell them how to act. You can also them to guard, stay, and follow you with the game dial.

#2 - Depends on the module. Some you can, some you can't. Right click on the NPC, go to "more actions", then go to "inventory management". If it lets you, then you can. Alternatively, some modules just let you ask the NPC to adjust his or her inventory.

#3 - Scrolls are a one use item unless it says infinite. Your Sorcerer learns spells as you level up in the game. The amount of times you can cast each one depends on your stats.

Here is a guide for building your Sorcerer from IGN.

Link - http://www.ign.com/faqs/2003/neverw...rwinter-nights-sorcerer-class-guidefaq-425086

Hope my answers helped you as I hate typing long replies.

Last edited:
nwn 1 ? hmm, at first you need this mod:

http://neverwintervault.org/project...-hakpak/henchman-inventory-battle-ai-mod-v108

to upgrade your henchmen from retarded meatshields that die a lot to something slightly useful (it also enables you to manage their inventory, often even if the module developer hasn't implemented the feature).

Only Wizards can learn spells from scrolls, for every other character they are one use items (if they can use them at all).

Here's my newest issue I'm having.

When I click a door, and it's locked, my party members start beating it down! Also, if I click a chest and it's locked, they won't stop attacking the chest until it's broken to pieces, even though my rogue picked the lock already! Is there some way to order them to calm down and not bash doors and chests open when I click on them? o_O

Install the AI Mod, talk to them and tell them how they should react. It may also help to tell them to "Stand your Ground" with the radial menu every time they do something stupid.

Edit:
Maybe you can order them to leave doors and chests alone even without the AI Mod via dialogue - I haven't played the game without the AI Mod since the release of the AI Mod :)

I didn't see anything in dialogue to tell them to relax, but who knows. Even if I tell my rogue to pick the lock, she ends up attacking the dang thing. o_O

Then: AI Mod. Now.
When you initiate dialogue with the henchie (or the pixie) there will be options like "don't bash in doors" and "don't pick locks".

Edit:
Well, I just remembered, that the AI Mod only kicks in if the modder uses the same NPC-Scripts then the OC, if they use either some very simple scripts, or have created their own, the AI Mod doesen't work :(

Still you should install it, it works most of the time, and it really helps to make the npcs less annoying.

The AI mod is in this module, I just didn't realize how to use it. I had to ask my party members to not help me if I fail to open a door or chest. Now they act as they should. :)

To add to what have already been said.

1. You can drag pretty much everything to the quickbar in NWN. If you right click on the quickbar, there is something called “assign commands” It lets you make quickbar slots to quickly give commands to all companions at once.

2. It completely depend on the module, and some modules do it in vastly different ways. If you can’t equip them like you would in Hordes of the Underdark, then you might not be able to at all.

4. Seems like you worked that one out on your own. Talking to the companions often lets you modify their behavior, but not always. It again depend on the mod.

Back
Top Bottom