• Maybe It Depends

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • No I will Not

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Never Played Any Dragon Age Game

Votes: 17 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't preorder. Still haven't decided if I will at all.

Even if my life will depends on it, not buying "deluxe" edition ever. Only normal edition.

For those who'll ask why...
Just received a letter from customs that I have to provide some document about value of this shipment so they can tax me and then I'll get it:
http://www.biowarestore.com/apparel/n7-2-in-1-tactical-field-jacket.html
When it comes to rags DLC, I'll buy only physical stuff.

Love the great diversity of opinions - that is just something I love about the Watch, we are all RPG fans, but that isn't a monolithic thing :)

I said 'will wait for sale' ... which is probably true, unless it comes to the Mac before a great sale. My game time is down quite a bit - I haven't even bought Risen 3 or Wasteland 2 yet! I used to always just buy RPGs like this regardless if I had time to play right away, as a way of supporting developers, but that just doesn't make financial sense to me anymore ...

Will wait for a sale.
Interestingly, I've had Dragon Age 2 in my queue for ages (bought a DA compilation in some sale a long time ago). I'd never played DA2 because of all the bad mojo it got in the site and in general, but I started it a couple of days ago and it's not as bad as it was painted.

I do see the reported issues ('pop up' reinforcements the worst culprit), but in general I'm liking it so far. I'm still on Act 1 so maybe it gets worse later, but right now I would give the game two scores: 85 if I had never played DA:O, but since I did, I give it 75. Basically the game in itself is not bad (again, so far), but knowing how the previous one was it does feel like a regression.

Nope. Not interested.
It's too flashy, requires Origin and invokes a general "meh" feeling on my part, so...

Besides, my backlog is full of well-received games I have yet to start.

I'll get it eventually if the reviews sound like what I would like. I'll wait for a bit tho as I'm never in a hurry to buy/play a single player game.

I hated DA:O by the time I was done with it. I can't imagine what another installment would be like.

I doubt I buy it during release, because my time is limited during that of the year. I'll save big rpgs for holidays and by then bioware has likely patched the game :)

I certainly will not preorder it. If it requires the Origin platform, it will never exist on my computer, because I actually like my computer and would never knowingly put such malicious stuff on it. Dragon Age Two was one of the two games that I demanded a refund for in the past five years, and I doubt this one will be any better.

I don't have as much interest for modern Bioware games. Hell, I've only finished the first Mass Effect and have yet to muster the energy to finish the first Dragon Age.
Also:
…my backlog is full of well-received games I have yet to start.

Possibly one day, but it'll be years from now when it's very cheap.
So, that's a no, but "I'll Wait For a Cheap Sale" probably fits best.

Well i can't say i 'm not a little disappointed that 25 % of fellow Watchers have pre ordered the game.
Especially since acording to the last poll,most users here are old enough to have experienced the "expansions" instead of "Dlc" era and all that came with it.
Now to be fair,the game may turn out to be very good and i also have no intention of becoming a preacher of sorts but here is a video fot your consideration.
Peace

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QaAH-cv2ybo

Well i can't say i 'm not a little disappointed that 25 % of fellow Watchers have pre ordered the game.
Especially since acording to the last poll,most users here are old enough to have experienced the "expansions" instead of "Dlc" era and all that came with it.
Now to be fair,the game may turn out to be very good and i also have no intention of becoming a preacher of sorts but here is a video fot your consideration.

I don't see what pre-ordering games has to do with expansions or dlcs. I buy games because I'm interested in them. I don't care about hypothetical add-ons that I will probably not even buy (I rare buy expansions or dlcs, unless they are very cheaps).

And if I haven't pre-ordered DAI, I would have after today PC keyboard&mouse live demonstration on twitch. Cassandra bickering with Leliana is worth a pre-order to me.

Ignore the troll azarhal as you all you do is validate his posts. I rarely ever reply to posts under a certain post limit as they usually are codex trolls/bad posters.

Anyway I've been let down many times from Bioware games myself, but I don't deny I also still find enjoyment in every game they make.

So my pre-order is not wasted, and I can't wait to play it in November.:)

DA:O got old pretty fast and I didn't like the loot cos it didn't really do anything. It seemed like an afterthought. DA2 I just didn't bother with so I'll just wait and see what happens and maybe buy it on sale if the co-op is worthwhile.

I'm holding off until I learn more about it from playtesting by fellow watchers. Still tempted to get it on release. But no healing spells? I am getting that dumbed down vibe…

DA:O got old pretty fast and I didn't like the loot cos it didn't really do anything. It seemed like an afterthought. DA2 I just didn't bother with so I'll just wait and see what happens and maybe buy it on sale if the co-op is worthwhile.

Are you sure you're thinking of DA: O and not DA2 or Mass Effect or something regarding that loot? Looting in DA: O is actually very good, where every single companion can be fully equipped with items. The best weapons and armors in the game both look great and have a massive impact. It's very similar to Infinity Engine games in that regard.

Are you sure you're thinking of DA: O and not DA2 or Mass Effect or something regarding that loot? Looting in DA: O is actually very good, where every single companion can be fully equipped with items. The best weapons and armors in the game both look great and have a massive impact. It's very similar to Infinity Engine games in that regard.

I have to agree swith Sit James loot in DA:O is pretty crapy.Loot diversity is very low(from stat standpoint) and with it itemization is very simple.

Play it in november?

I have a backlog comparable to voyagers travels
I havent played a game for more than one hour at a time since august.
For the first time in my life I have a demanding job so on fridays 1700 Im a zombie ( to the dismay of my family..)

but late december maybe, one can only hope.

It´s rather stupid, but I would have liked to play and finish DA II first. (thoug I only lasted 3-5 hours the last time I tried)
Compulsive behavior.., want to finish everything..

C

I have to agree swith Sit James loot in DA:O is pretty crapy.Loot diversity is very low(from stat standpoint) and with it itemization is very simple.

Compared to what? It's easily on par with Infinity Engine, which in turn is superior to Elder Scrolls and Gothic. The list of major RPGs with better systems is growing thin. NWN2 perhaps? Might & Magic 6-7 I guess?

I'm with Evilmanagedcare and SirJames, I really really wanted to like DA:O and played it all the way through, but I never even considered a replay because I never found it fun. The loot system might have been one reason (I hear what you're saying there Maylander, but I never felt the same satisfaction as I did when I got unique artifacts in The Infinity games, maybe there was too MUCH loot in DA:O?), but the major one was that character building felt boring, and combat felt more like a MMO than a successor to Baldurs Gate. I never even tried DA2. I voted "depends on the reviews", because if people here whom I know tend to like the same games as me like it, I might give it a spin.

My computer wont run it, so the question is moot as far as i'm concerned. Played DAO and DA2 and generally enjoyed them, oh well, plenty of other titles to be going on with. ;)

Back
Top Bottom