Paradox's Magna Mundi in trouble

Sad here too. But yes, the 'featuritis' hit this team square in the chest. They kept adding new features without fixing the problems they already had. Not only did they increase the complexity of what they were doing to a point of making it impossible to meet any deadlines, but they also made it impossible for Paradox to lend people to help in the stretch, as the underlying engine was changed so much that it would have meant starting to learn from scratch pretty much.

This happens a lot with indie developers, and I also feel like a lot of the kickstarter projects I've seen will suffer from featuritis.

I can't help but be deeply sceptical of anything Paradox has to say on the matter. It's not like SOTS2 was even their last buggy release, see Gettysburg: AW which was well inside this year.

Moral is probably don't start talking about your new project that will compete with your publisher until your game has been released, or a cow may come down the well making sure you don't get either.

I never liked MM mod , it is the most irritating mod i have ever played and i have used a lot (Meiou , WWM plus minis) .
I thought that Magna Mundi "tha game" was supposed to be made by the team after Paradox made EU2 engine free , so it was about to be an EU2 remake.

I never liked MM mod , it is the most irritating mod i have ever played and i have used a lot (Meiou , WWM plus minis) .
I thought that Magna Mundi "tha game" was supposed to be made by the team after Paradox made EU2 engine free , so it was about to be an EU2 remake.

No it was basically MM remade but properly, without the limitations of a mod. Or that's what it was supposed to be, but the team started adding extra stuff that made it so complex that ultimately killed the project.

Why do you say MM was irritating?

This -http://www.playerattack.com/file/17571/Napoleon039s-Campaigns-II-GDC-2012-Video-Interview/
Napoleon's Campaigns II

Platform: PC
Publisher: Paradox Interactive
Developer:
Genre: Strategy

Napoleon's Campaign II marks the return of one of Europe's greatest commanders in this new historical grand strategy title from Paradox France. Feature an extremely in-depth recollection of Napoleon’s greatest campaigns, including Egypt to Waterloo, strategy fans will have their hands full trying to take over Europe in this sequel to the acclaimed original. Play as the soldier turned emperor, or one of 600 other historical leaders, in this unequalled strategy game featuring the largest Napoleonic Europe map yet.

The game was listed on there website last month but now it's not even on there games list. I hope it wasn't cancelled.

Looks like that game has been revamped and turned into an EU spin-off called "March of the Eagles".

Linky.

I can't think of anything duller or more unworkable than Napoleon's wars under this engine. The game works by reshaping history over then centuries. It's not a Total War game.

As a collaboration with AGEOD NC2 always looked unworkable as it was hammering square pegs into round holes.

You can do rapid conquest/ historical change on Clauswitz (Paradox's in house engine) though, Hearts of Iron for example. If they use a similar approach modulated for the historical period it ought to work OK.

I can't think of anything duller or more unworkable than Napoleon's wars under this engine. The game works by reshaping history over then centuries. It's not a Total War game.

I guess Victoria 2 and it's expansion doesn't work then with the time span. How about Hearts of Iron III you only play for 12-20 years.
Looks like that game has been revamped and turned into an EU spin-off called "March of the Eagles".
Linky.
Thanks I was wondering if it was cancelled. Instead it just got enhanced and renamed.

Last edited:
Hearts of iron III plays for 12 years form 1936 to 1948

Your right I made an error. It still proves my point to his post on how it couldn't work. I feel like giving the game a replay again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom