Mass Effect 3 - Save import problems, Metacritic woes, MP impact

What's all this about forced multiplayer? Don't be ridiculous. From what I've seen, there is no such thing in ME3. Don't be stupid.

I'll keep my judgement to myself until I see it for myself. The review sites seem to disagree with this user review.

Go ahead then Admiral Hackett will keep telling you despite your large fleet its still unready and stuck at 50%. You have to play mp or the app game to improve it.

Example- you assemble 6,000 ships but only 3,000 are ready because you need mp to boot its readiness in galactic war mode.

I never understand why people trust and use review scores when I play or watch movies and decide on my own. Its an industry absorbed with getting perfect scores. I enjoyed games and movies given poor reviews all the time.

worsty said:
0/10
Just in case! Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

ponyasd said:
0/10
�ай �капанато ви�окобюджетно подпо�ред�твенно недоразумение - това е Mass Effekt ,зле,та н�ма накъде повече

kyttajuttu said:
0/10
Literally the worst game ever made. If you bought this you are the cancer killing the games industry and you should probably kill you are self. Also hampurger helper.

Just an example of some of the 1 review, 0/10 user reviews. I'm not worried.

I must admit that your quoted "review" from "worsty" is … gross.
He or she didn't even attempt to make it look like something honest.
I hope that they really delete real fakes like this.

Edit : I just found this :

10 Points :

BaxterAdam88076
my classmate's sister-in-law makes $84 hourly on the laptop. She has been fired for 7 months but last month her income was $9078 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Go to this site N u t t y R i c h . ?'('?)M Collapse
Helpful?
4 of 4 users said yes

Source : http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-3

The XBOX reviews are in general more positive, in fact.

Another of these jokes :

Floyd_Rose
Horrivel como esse game é gay , GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS GAY DE MAIS Collapse
Helpful?
1 of 1 users said yes

Source : http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/mass-effect-3

Go ahead then Admiral Hackett will keep telling you despite your large fleet its still unready and stuck at 50%. You have to play mp or the app game to improve it.

Example- you assemble 6,000 ships but only 3,000 are ready because you need mp to boot its readiness in galactic war mode.

Sucks for some people, if true, but I'd actually prefer a bleak ending myself. I'm also not opposed to some multi-player as long as I don't have to pay for Xbox Live.

I played ME3 Demo's multiplayer, it wasn't bad, but I didn't like it. It's a run of the mill 3rd person shooter/survival co-op that I have avoided in the past ten years and I would continue avoiding it, if it was not mandatory. But it appears that BioWare is going to force me play it, despite the fact that -for me- it will be a chore.

If it takes more than 3-4 hours to get enough war assets for the good ending, I'll just forfeit and go for the bad ending instead. I think my tolerance for a bleak ending is more than my tolerance for the MP.

You can get all the endings with 50% and enough War Assets (i.e. making the right choices in all 3 games, scanning systems, doing side quests, recruiting people). There is more War Assets in the game than required to have the "good ending".

The Multiplayer readiness score allow you to have all the endings without having enough War Assets, but you still need to gather some. In other word, play Multiplayer if you don't want to do the side quests.

You can get all the endings with 50% and enough War Assets (i.e. making the right choices in all 3 games, scanning systems, doing side quests, recruiting people). There is more War Assets in the game than required to have the "good ending".

The Multiplayer readiness score allow you to have all the endings without having enough War Assets, but you still need to gather some. In other word, play Multiplayer if you don't want to do the side quests.

You see I don't care my opinion of Bioware keeps dropping more with every release. This game isn't bad but has to much cross platform gaming and dlc on almost every device. The way it and mp was implemented leaves a bad taste afterwards.

If this is the future of Bioware I have serious doubts.

Last edited:
Is it possible to play the co-op solo on your own or with (non-human) bots?

There is no bots, but Bronze is "solo-able" if you are a good player (Infiltrator is apparently the best class for it).

There is no bots, but Bronze is "solo-able" if you are a good player (Infiltrator is apparently the best class for it).

I don't know what Bronze is as I have not got the game yet, but being able to play a horde/survival mode solo is not a bad distraction.

Couldn't give a rat's ass about ME3, but that bit about Metacritic removing negative reviews is worrisome… quite the slippery slope.

I agree, but it's also complete bullshit that all these people are creating accounts at Metacritic just to post a 0-4 review score for ME3.

Thanks for clearing that up.

You see I don't care my opinion of Bioware keeps dropping more with every release. This game isn't bad but has to much cross platform gaming and dlc on almost every device. The way it was implemented leaves a bad taste afterwards.

Sigh. Don't care and have a low opinion of BioWare all you want, just don't spread misinformation. I was almost ready to give you the benefit of doubt and believe you. Not making that mistake again.

Sigh. Don't care and have a low opinion of BioWare all you want, just don't spread misinformation. I was almost ready to give you the benefit of doubt and believe you. Not making that mistake again.

It still affects the game why don't you try it and see before you believe what people post. Just refer to my previous post about readiness. All the people saying it doesn't affect the game are lying also to a certain degree also.

I completed it with the above mentioned 50% readiness. Don't really see the problem. Weird thing is I honestly have no idea what fleet strength affected - I doubt it has an impact on the final choice. The final choice seems set in stone to be honest, so if that's what people are whining about, I really don't think it is related to the MP part at all.

I'll know more once I try the other endings/replay the game.

I don't know what Bronze is as I have not got the game yet, but being able to play a horde/survival mode solo is not a bad distraction.

Bronze is the lowest difficulty levels (Bronze, Silver and Gold). Although, the multiplayer might be hard when you start, because your character is level 1 and have almost no abilities...

I completed it with the above mentioned 50% readiness. Don't really see the problem. Weird thing is I honestly have no idea what fleet strength affected - I doubt it has an impact on the final choice. The final choice seems set in stone to be honest, so if that's what people are whining about, I really don't think it is related to the MP part at all.

I'll know more once I try the other endings/replay the game.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/39560/want-the-best-mass-effect-3-ending-dont-worry-about-galactic-readiness/

Yeah -> effective military strength bar all green = best outcome in leadup to final choice.

The final choice is not affected by this though, it only seems to effect how well your forces do in the cutscenes and missions in the end-game portion. After the final choice though, that is all prologue and doesn't really come into play anymore. You can get the best results without ever touching multiplayer and even without finishing all the side-quests and fetch/scanning activities since around 5000 points or so meets the criteria. There is no effect for getting above that except seeing the number go higher. Now it is pretty much impossible - it seemed to me - to get that without the DLC. That might be missing a few planet scans, but really that seems more unacceptable than the multiplayer making the better endings "easier" to get.

If you have bleak outcomes to side-plots or the resolutions of other quests, this has nothing to do with galactic readiness. Often its just because you misunderstood a choice you made or did not anticipate the actual results of your actions. I can see this being espescially easy to miscalculate for some players with the Geth/Quarian situations and the Salarian/Turian/Krogan questions. Getting the best outcomes to some of these scenarios, depending on your actions in previous games, may require far more perfect action on your part than you might expect.

Also, the outcomes of many major events is highly malleable depending on the attitudes and survival of key Mass Effect 2 characters. Whether or not one of them survived, how you guided them, and whether or not they like you can turn seemingly hopeless scenarios into triumphant reunions or turn minor setbacks into disasters. Again - the tacked on multiplayer has absolutely no effect here.

In other words: The fact that I imported my more or less flawless Paragon savegame made it easier for me to get the full green bar. I got a full bar quite some time before I launched the final mission.

In other words: The fact that I imported my more or less flawless Paragon savegame made it easier for me to get the full green bar. I got a full bar quite some time before I launched the final mission.

Maybe - some of the happiest resolutions to sub-plots are only possible assuming certain decisions from previous games. There might be similarly beneficial though depressing resolutions from pure renegade imports that give comparable points but have a darker or more extreme tone.

But yeah, importing a completionist save definately seems to help quite a bit. Completing arrival and lair of the shadow broker in ME2 also seems to be worth quite a few points. So how easy it is to get to 5000 or so points probably has more to do with whether you purchased all DLC than I might have liked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom