Middle East News 3

Yeah. Let's hope they blow up a building or two in America so you can feel even more vindicated.

Somehow, I don't think I'd trade the lives of innocents for an additional "I told you so" moment, but thanks for the vote of confidence.

I should hope so. You just sounded a bit unreasonably happy about the news IMO.

It's a real shame about Gitmo. It would have been perfectly possible to handle the prisoners from the Afghanistan campaign in a way that you would never have gotten to this point: make it clear that the Geneva conventions apply to them, allow Red Cross access, and set up special tribunals with clear and transparent powers, only limited to the extent that national security needs to be protected.

Then process them: sentence the guilty, free the innocent (and give them a nice little bonus to stop them from being too unhappy at the tough break they got).

Instead, you disappeared them into a black hole that is sure to have turned even some innocents into terrorists, and that cast a huge pall of suspicion over the whole process. Now all you have left are bad options -- you'll either be letting actual terrorists go, or you'll be helping them recruit by continuing to detain (or killing) innocents. Either way, you'll end up with more terrorists running around.

Wouldn't surprise me the least, and assuming it's a public secret -- and I'm pretty sure it has to be; word travels around of something like this -- it would certainly explain some of his more heated rhetoric. It'd be interesting to know if he's genuinely anti-Semitic (Hitler was part Jewish too), or if it's simply a matter of having to yell extra loudly to dispel any lingering doubts some hothead might have of him being a Zionist secret agent.

Come to think of it, maybe he *is* a Zionist secret agent. Hmm...

Lol !
You're funny :)

I think people try to find too much out of people. As in, every bad person in the world has Jewish roots. Every good person in the world has Jewish roots. Every poor person in the world has Jewish roots, every rich person in the world has Jewish roots. Etc.

What do you guys think ? :p
Ahmadinejad a Jew ?

Yep i believe that he is and in case you don't know
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss37/The_New_P/muhammad-1.jpg

(too big to use

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan – The United States has long suspected that much of the billions of dollars it has sent Pakistan to battle militants has been diverted to the domestic economy and other causes, such as fighting India.

Now the scope and longevity of the misuse is becoming clear: Between 2002 and 2008, while al-Qaida regrouped, only $500 million of the $6.6 billion in American aid actually made it to the Pakistani military, two army generals tell The Associated Press.

more

not exactly middle east but related

::whistles:: Thanks, Tragos, for that one. Few people I talked to were suspicious of this but I never heard any hard confirmations of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091018/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran_bombing

Bad news for Iran. It will be interesting to see how they deal with this. On the international scene, they can't really afford another crackdown. On the Muslim scene, they can't exactly go crazy without opening a can of worms with al-Qaida. On the domestic front, Ahmad-whatever can't let this go without some sort of response.

So... a round of condemination of those evil terrorists from the American right?

terrorist bombing in a fundamentalist state, hmmm, probably some faction in the government eliminated rivals

So… a round of condemination of those evil terrorists from the American right?
Well, we don't actually have a voice right now since the American left is running the show, which you thought was a great and grand thing. I haven't heard anything from Barack yet, though. Since these guys have at least a passing connection with al-Qaida (enough to use an a-Q website for their claim of responsibility), I expect the American right would have offered up at least token condemnation given the opportunity. We may not like Iran, but we really don't like a-Q. Nice attempt, though, V7.

Reviving an old topic...
Someone just shared this to me.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1143660.html

Syria's foremost Muslim leader declared on Tuesday that Islam commands its followers to protect Judaism, according to Army Radio.

"If the Prophet Mohammed had asked me to deem Christians or Jews heretics, I would have deemed Mohammed himself a heretic," Sheikh Ahmed Hassoun, the Mufti of Syria, was quoted as telling a delegation of American academics visiting Damascus.

Hassoun, the leader of Syria's majority Sunni Muslim community, also told the delegates that Islam was a religion of peace, adding: "If Mohammed had commanded us to kill people, I would have told him he was not a prophet."

I wonder if he's going to stay a mufti for long with such strong words against Mohammed. Unless his views were widely known before today.

I don't think this is going to change much, but it's still worth noting :)

While he's basically correct in what he says, I hope his life insurance is up to date. Still, it's nice to see a reasonable PoV presented from a Muslim leader. Too often we only hear the radical side!!

Back
Top Bottom