What games are you playing now?

Secret World Legends which I got into today. Played TSW before but curious to see how TSWL is.

Plus playing my old favorites as well.

Just started Witcher 3. It feels alot like Witcher 1 but prettier which is no bad thing. The game has done side quests in an interesting way and upgrading gear rather than gaining xp is the more immediate goal. I don't feel compelled to check every x on the map so it is fine.

P.S I'm not sure that I get the card game yet.

Start a new thread if you want to continue talking about tablets.

Getting back on topic… I tried playing Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession yesterday.

Unfortunately, that didn't last long. I really wanted to like it, but the combat is terrible, and there's way too much of it.

It's a shame because it seems like a good game otherwise. The music is great in an old-school way, and it has tons of atmosphere. They made a poor decision to go with real-time combat though. There's little strategy involved, and you basically just click on enemies until they're dead or you're overwhelmed.

To make the matter worse, enemies seem to be infinite, and they respawn at an insufferable rate.

I would suggest to bypass Strahd's possession and go directly to Stone Prophet; I think that you will find a more polished, balanced and interesting game than the first.

I would suggest to bypass Strahd's possession and go directly to Stone Prophet; I think that you will find a more polished, balanced and interesting game than the first.

Yeah, I heard Stone Prophet is better. I might give Strahd's Possession another shot though because I've been told it gets better after the first couple of maps. I'd also like to import my main characters between games.

Going to take that advice and give Stone Prophet a shot.

Also bought Strafe for some old-school shooter fun :)

Going to take that advice and give Stone Prophet a shot.

Also bought Strafe for some old-school shooter fun :)

I heard mixed things about strafe, particularly the procedural generation of the levels but apparently the design philosophy is less "run and gun" than 90s shooters. I'd be interested in your take on it after you've played it, I'm on the fence about picking it up.

prey (the old one)

great game so far, very cool mechanics, interesting setting

Finished Lands of Lore one, started finally playing Zelda on the switch a few days ago. I found the controls difficult at first, but getting more comfortable now and really enjoying the game.

prey (the old one)

I replayed Prey right before playing the new Prey, and yeah, it's still quite fun for a straight shooter. Those games built with the id Tech 4 engine have aged fairly well, and Prey was a little more clever than the others.

Finished Lands of Lore one, started finally playing Zelda on the switch a few days ago. I found the controls difficult at first, but getting more comfortable now and really enjoying the game.

You should give LoL2 a try. A lot of people give it a hard time, but the story is really quite good. It hasn't aged terribly well - but, overall, I think it's the best LoL of them all.

Speaking of games that have aged well.. I reinstalled Crysis last night.

It's hard to believe the game is nearly a decade old. It still looks great on its highest settings. In fact, I think the foliage is still on par with games being released now, and the water isn't far behind.

I still love the gameplay and level design. I miss the times when developers made no-nonsense shooters like that. A realistic world without mini-games and collectibles.

There are shooter games being realistic?
Man...

I know a custom over there is to have an arsenal in your house, it's probably a matter of prestige so I can't ask you if you ever used a fireweapon. But did you actually try to do what shooters are "simulating"? Realistic, my arse.

Maybe it wasn't meant so literally - but within the context of shooters, joxer.

Oh I plan on playing Lands of Lore two, I think that one I've played the most in the past out of the three, maybe five times. The first I'd only played twice I think, so I hardly even remembered most of it this past time, and I quite enjoyed it. I had to start playing Zelda simply to justify what I paid for it =p. Lands of Lore two will definitely be played again!

Oh I plan on playing Lands of Lore two, I think that one I've played the most in the past out of the three, maybe five times. The first I'd only played twice I think, so I hardly even remembered most of it this past time, and I quite enjoyed it. I had to start playing Zelda simply to justify what I paid for it =p. Lands of Lore two will definitely be played again!

Hehe, ok :) If you've already played it that much - then you know the score.

Yeah, I've got a pretty decent version of Zelda up and running on Cemu 1.8 - but it's really not my kind of game.

Eventually, I'll get around to it again.

prey (the old one)

Also did it recently, it's not too long of a game. Space part with a shuttle thing still has wow effect.
Sequel was supposed to continue Tommy's story as well.

Heh heh… I could have bet money that joxer was going to follow up after my last post. :)

Sequel was supposed to continue Tommy's story as well.

Well, not exactly. The sequel was going to have us playing some kind of bounty hunter on a distant planet. Afaik, the only connection to the first game was that the player was from Earth. Specifically, one of the people on the airliner you witness crashing in Prey.

Besides, it would have been pretty tough to continue Tommy's story with the way the first game ended. :)

Heh heh… I could have bet money that joxer was going to follow up after my last post. :)

Well, not exactly. The sequel was going to have us playing some kind of bounty hunter on a distant planet. Afaik, the only connection to the first game was that the player was from Earth. Specifically, one of the people on the airliner you witness crashing in Prey.

Besides, it would have been pretty tough to continue Tommy's story with the way the first game ended. :)

Ehhh, there was some info not that long ago ( I can't name my sources, you understand) on Tommy being trapped in whatsitnot and the two working together to prevent creation of another sphere.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-25-the-cancelled-prey-2-had-an-incredible-plot-twist

Guessing real plot would kick in later on, though bounty hunting would be more than side activity.

Maybe it wasn't meant so literally - but within the context of shooters, joxer.

No, its true - in elementary school we need to take a class where we train and are tested to ensure we can carry 12 weapons and 1000 rounds of ammo all at once while still running.

No, its true - in elementary school we need to take a class where we train and are tested to ensure we can carry 12 weapons and 1000 rounds of ammo all at once while still running.

Sounds like something Trump might actually suggest ;)

Back
Top Bottom