Grimoire - Released

Fun fact: Grimoire is cheaper than Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity and Tides of Numenera. Three disappointing neo-RPGs which are painfully mediocre, dry, short. Yet the butthurt brigade found nothing wrong there? Obviously criticism of this game is politically motivated.

I am yet to witness anyone organize their wincing into coherence which can be addressed. And that is not going to happen. Because this game is rock-solid masterpiece.

Those 3 new games are so boring, i tried playing pillars two sesparate times and 2nd time got to mid game point and just gave up with all the boring +1 next item next level balancing everything is +1 to the next fight and battle, straight linear balance bulllshit so boring, predictable and no fun.

The comebacks and trolling are so lame, I'm feeling a bit bad for picking on him. I think he does it here because he doesn't cut the mustard at the Codex, and it doesn't garner the attention he needs from the men there.

Well, compared to Grimoire they are. Grimoire is a Pinto and POE/Tyranny are Lamborghini's in this case.

More like an AMC Pacer with flames painted on it to make it look cool. LOL

Wayne%E2%80%99s-World-Garth%E2%80%99s-1976-AMC-Pacer.jpg

We'd have to agree to disagree. POE was an unpolished, unfinished gem, with the potential to be a masterpiece.

Tyranny was a piece of crap.

It's the reverse, minus the hyperbole at the end.
PoE was far more polished ( and put work into it) and complex, but too tame and derivative of other games.
Tyranny at least did a few things outside of "safe zone".

Fool, it wasn't a mere demo… It was a Super-Demo!

Super is a suitable prefix, seeing how the demo is longer than some commercial games such as Tranny.

Considering it's daveyd who'll read this I might add it's longer than AoD too.

Last edited:
The comebacks and trolling are so lame, I'm feeling a bit bad for picking on him. I think he does it here because he doesn't cut the mustard at the Codex, and it doesn't garner the attention he needs from the men there.

The only thing you can pick Ripper is your nose. One can tell the tectonic event identified as Grimoire's release hath already given you sleepless nights and broke you mentally. Now all you can do is mourn helplessly, locked in a massive limbo of butthurt. Will you ever recover from 4-8-2017? Doubtful. :D

The game HAS TO be better than Tyranny. Although, I need to believe that it isn't buggy before making a purchase. BTW- why is this only available via Steam?

Last edited:
He's said it'll be available on GOG later on.

Nah, just a bit of fun. A few shenanigans now and again liven the place up.

Speaking of which, I played the game for about 4.5 hours. It was after the first patch and I haven't gotten any game breaking bugs or crashes so far. And only bugs are some small graphical errors here and there where the mouse kind of ghosts in different parts of the screen when you alt tab. I suspect this is Win 10 related since win 7 and 8 users don't seem to have the same issues.

Overall, I'm very happy. I do think the price tag is a wee bit too high if Cleve wanted to maximize sales,. I think a $30 starting price would have been sufficient.

I think if you want to play this game I'd recommend buying it now while on sale, as I don't think it's going any lower. And then just wait till he patches it a few more times and a full wiki is built (right now you'd have to play it blind since there is no manual).

Overall the starting areas are designed very well and am having a great time. Pretty sure my party is under par and weak but still making progress albeit with the occasional tpk, which is part of the experience.

Honestly, I hope ppl give this an honest look and don't fall into the other hoopla surrounding it. It's not often we get a Wizardry like blobber with these production values. It's quite beautiful.

I played it for a bit and also didn't run into any bugs, other than Alt-Tab being completely broken. Mainly bought it just to support games like this, I was skeptical I could get into it. The UI/controls are so dated, and while in the 80's I was all about these kind of blobbers, I guess I got fat & lazy since then. I'd love a new game like Wiz8....but Wiz7? Dunno about that. Atm though, I'm thinking that once any game-breaking bugs are fixed, it's confirmed that the game can really be completed, and we've got a proper manual (or wiki), then I may be tempted to actually give it a full go.

I'm sure it'll get a fair hearing round here eventually. I do think the biggest barrier right now is the price, because I don't think many people fancy forking out 40 bucks for a 1994 game when its peers are priced $10 or under these days.

I wouldn't personally buy it, because it doesn't appeal to me, and I think Cleve's an arsehole, but I'll still be curious to know how good it is on its own terms, once we actually start to see some non-bullshit reviews.

It was getting pretty silly there…(this thread)

I don't get why it matters, or care what games someone has in their inventory, for instance. That said, if anyone wants to check out my game library on steam, my user name is "strata". I never bothered to put any info in my profile, but you can see my amazingly great taste in games, and perhaps get a few ideas on what your next game purchase should be, by perusing my game library…I do have impeccable taste, after all… no shame here, so go for it! :)

Yeah I was beginning to feel like I'm reading a codex thread lol

Back when Cleve was an infrequent contributer, we outcodexed the Codex. We practically No Mutant Alloweded the place.

Fun fact: Grimoire is cheaper than Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity and Tides of Numenera. Three disappointing neo-RPGs which are painfully mediocre, dry, short. Yet the butthurt brigade found nothing wrong there? Obviously criticism of this game is politically motivated.

I am yet to witness anyone organize their wincing into coherence which can be addressed. And that is not going to happen. Because this game is a rock-solid masterpiece.

Those three games don't crash when you click the first party member's portrait, aka the first thing 99% of people do in this kind of games.

Those three games don't crash when you click the first party member's portrait, aka the first thing 99% of people do in this kind of games.

Neither does Grimoire. Just fyi.

That was fixed in minutes. Hard to believe Cleve had shown such diligent post-release support.

Back
Top Bottom