Grimoire

Yeah, we declared the other thread a safe space for people that are genuinely interested. All other threads are to be silly, as Cleve's conduct long ago declared it open season on taking the piss.

In walks Chien and tries to give an explanation in his ordinary less than enlightened way,
Enlightened by ways on this forum.
totally missing the fact that most people here seems to think Pepes opinions sounded pretty fair, thus totally contradicting himself on the way "that can be learned in this forum".

Typical of double standards: what applies for this must not apply for that.

The cause for the ban could have been written by people on this site. It fits their vision.

Suspicion of free loading that should remove any possibility to form an opinion on a product: ticked, fits the psyche on here

Time spent on testing a product used as a way to sidetrack and undermine the validity of the opinion piece: ticked, fits the mentality on here.

A report that lists the pros and cons in a balanced way depicted as an aggressive bashing of a product instead of an informative bit: ticked, fits the habits on here.

Nothing alien, nothing that can not be observed on this site.

The one difference follows the use of double standards. One standard people are on the same page whatever the products. Double standard people might not be. That is why pushing for a consensus matters so much for them. They must agree to disagree on what product is given this standard and what product is given the other standard.

This site allows a certain way on speaking on this product, the other does not. They might welcome that certain way of speaking on other products, just as this site does not welcome that certain way for other products.

Lev, Chien, thank you. Don't ever leave, it would be a bummer if all the posters on the forum actually made sense.

And other people must stay as they are the ones producing the double standards that lead to condemn a banning while people on this site support the principles behind that banning.

Without them, a lot of the noise and fury is lost.

People are defending freedom of speech and freedom of expression. A game forum that doesn't allow honest criticism of forum game isn't worth visiting. Can't trust what is posted there.

Of course this demand does not apply to this site. This site is worth visiting despite holding the very same views as the ones stated in the motivation of the ban.

It must be mentioned as people must stay here. What is worthwhile for other sites is not for this site, this site is measured in other ways.

According to Chien we should ban him, to make sure we abide by the standards he has defined for us, which should not be double ones, or should they? hmm… Again, I am a bit lost here.

Anyway, I vote for keeping him around. He is the only person that gets me to read their posts more than once, while in the end still not really being sure I understood him. A bit like our very own forum conundrum.

No banning Chien or Felippe please.
Both have value.

He also has his very own language - which is pretty unique :)

The words are English, but the language is pure Chien. How it mixes nouns, verbs, and tense is really strange. I'm still not convinced Chien is human, so I don't give it a male/female appellation.

Double standards all the way.

According to Chien we should ban him, to make sure we abide by the standards he has defined for us, which should not be double ones, or should they? hmm… Again, I am a bit lost here.
There is nothing to be lost about.

That ban call belongs to the other site. They are the one that banned on certain grounds.

As to standards, it was mentioned that this site has no ground to reject the ban made on the other forum as it fits people's ideas on this site. The list was given.
It was a ban decision based on values shared by people on this site.
Anyway, I vote for keeping him around. He is the only person that gets me to read their posts more than once, while in the end still not really being sure I understood him. A bit like our very own forum conundrum.

That is the case. As already written, it was one mistake made by the opinion piece that led to a ban: it was written in plain english. It leaves no doubt, it gives nothing else to sidetrack on. When people read it, they are cornered, they are given no exit door, they are confronted.
By all measures, it was a mistake.

My intelligence check failed and I find myself lost.....

There is nothing to be lost about.

As already written, it was one mistake made by the opinion piece that led to a ban: it was written in plain english. It leaves no doubt, it gives nothing else to sidetrack on. When people read it, they are cornered, they are given no exit door, they are confronted.
By all measures, it was a mistake.

I'm lost and I can't stop laughing. I've never actually thought of Chien as comic relief before, it makes his post so much easier to read!

Chien might not be at fault and with good intentions, but I guess it is Google Translate or some other medium is to blame!

It might be an idea for him/her to write in their own language here and maybe one of the members can provide some 'human' translation.

Chien might not be at fault and with good intentions, but I guess it is Google Translate or some other medium is to blame!

It might be an idea for him/her to write in their own language here and maybe one of the members can provide some 'human' translation.

I normally go out of my way to avoid interacting with Chien, but in the few cases when I did, my impression was that he believes he is speaking perfect understandable English, and that he becomes upset or defensive if you suggest otherwise or try to help correct his English to be more understandable.

I spent a lot of time on google translate and can assure you it is better than this.

YA. Obachayu vam, eto luchshe.

That's it, we should try and add 'Chien' as a language on Google Translate :)

Back
Top Bottom