Grimoire

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...imoire-heralds-of-the-winged-exemplar.117874/

The thread related to the Codex review mentioned above.

Just in case you haven't already seen it.

A lot of the responses are somewhat entertaining.

The Codex mindset is one of the more entertaining studies of what happens when supposed individualists act according to their perception of a hivemind obligation ;)

The two concepts aren't really compatible - so something must explode!

The codex review was interesting to read. It's unfortunate because some of the things they talk about, for example the numerous things going on in the first zone which are separate but part of a huge interlinking puzzles, sound like RPG heaven for me, and exactly what I liked in Wizardry 6. Well except maybe for the egg puzzle they talk about, which sounds more like the BS puzzles from Wizardry 4.

But despite all of that, some of the other things they talk about, the horrible balance, horrible randomness, lack of reward for completing difficult encounters, glaringly incomplete functions, the small number of viable abilities, those all sounds more like RPG hell for me. It's also clearly not something that can be easily fixed in a few months. That's the part that would make me hate the game no matter how great the other parts sounds.

It's OK to ban someone in my opinion. In every society and group we have heroes and we have criminals. Let's say 1% heroes and 5% criminals of total number of people in a group. Criminals should be banished. Of course Cleve or any other moderator is not a judge to decide, but it is also not ok to let criminals do their dirty job by destroying what other people carefully tried to build. I would say, let's have more moderations and bans in the forum that should PROMOTE the game and not destroy it.

And it's up to a member of a forum to be careful enough not to be banned. Everyone has a choice, either play by rules (help promote the game) or go somewhere else.

And it's up to a member of a forum to be careful enough not to be banned. Everyone has a choice, either play by rules (help promote the game) or go somewhere else.

No, not really. A game should not be promoted if it is not what was promised at purchase.
There is some grey area here, but if a game is promised to be something and it isn't, then it is fair to criticise it.

No, not really. A game should not be promoted if it is not what was promised at purchase.
There is some grey area here, but if a game is promised to be something and it isn't, then it is fair to criticise it.

One can buy a game, but participation on a forum created for game promotion is something completely different. Public space must not be used by criminals, which is about 5% of total number of all participants, roughly saying. The criminals in real life are behind bars (mostly). The criminals on forum are totally and completely free to say what they want and this is not good.

One can buy a game, but participation on a forum created for game promotion is something completely different. Public space must not be used by criminals, which is about 5% of total number of all participants, roughly saying. The criminals in real life are behind bars (mostly). The criminals on forum are totally and completely free to say what they want and this is not good.

Criticising something is not the same as being a criminal and is not criminal behaviour. Your analogy makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Criticising something is not the same as being a criminal and is not criminal behaviour. Your analogy makes no sense.

Let me explain it a bit once again. I am talking about structure of society where we have about 1% of heroes about 5% of model citizens about 10% of nice persons, about 40% of positive people, about 40% of negative people, about 10% of shady persons and about 5% of criminals. The numbers that I used are fictional, but I hope everyone gets the idea I hope.

You are talking about 40% of negative people ("critics"), I am talking about 5% of criminals which should be punished and banned.

Punished and banned because they critic a game on a Steam Forum which was explicitly created not to promote games but to discuss about them?

And what do you propose actually to do to punish those criminals? Public Spanking? Jail? Execution of a family member?

And what do you propose actually to do to punish those criminals? Public Spanking? Jail? Execution of a family member?

Moderation. Bans. Exactly what Cleve is doing.

Let me explain it a bit once again. I am talking about structure of society where we have about 1% of heroes about 5% of model citizens about 10% of nice persons, about 40% of positive people, about 40% of negative people, about 10% of shady persons and about 5% of criminals. The numbers that I used are fictional, but I hope everyone gets the idea I hope.

You are talking about 40% of negative people ("critics"), I am talking about 5% of criminals which should be punished and banned.

I am talking about a forum to discuss a game and felipepe. Not sure what you re talking about....

I am talking about a forum to discuss a game and felipepe. Not sure what you re talking about….

I am talking about the fact that some people should be banned from forum and I explained why. In real life criminal can be punished and they are often punished. Forum criminals can not be punished. I find it unfair.

I am talking about the fact that some people should be banned from forum and I explained why. In real life criminal can be punished and they are often punished. Forum criminals can not be punished. I find it unfair.

But you haven't explained who did something that was criminal on a forum....

The only thing you have explained so far is than for you someone writing his opinion about a game may or not be a criminal depending on if you agree with him or not.

But you haven't explained who did something that was criminal on a forum….

Do I need to? Well, ok.

In real life criminal is someone who breaks the rules. Forum criminal is someone who breaks forum rules. One of the forum rules is that participant should be polite and not to try to offend other participants be it regular participant or the game author.

In real world there's a plenty of criminals. And of course it cannot be so, that on forums we would not have forum criminals at all.

And that Pepe guy has not been polite maybe? I think he has just written down a few very mild critics.

Do I need to? Well, ok.

In real life criminal is someone who breaks the rules. Forum criminal is someone who breaks forum rules. One of the forum rules is that participant should be polite and not to try to offend other participants be it regular participant or the game author.

In real world there's a plenty of criminals. And of course it cannot be so, that on forums we would not have forum criminals at all.

That does not answer anyone's question. How was felipepe not polite ?

In my opinion good game review should be balanced. A bit of good, a big of bad and some neutral staff in the middle.

In my opinion good game review should be balanced. A bit of good, a big of bad and some neutral staff in the middle.

Interesting. And if it is not a good game review, according to your own counting, the person is branded Not-Polite, Criminal, banned and should not be allowed to talk anymore?

Back
Top Bottom