Rune - Rise Warrior Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Rune has a new trailer called 'Rise Warrior'.

"Rise, warrior. Your time has come again."

Ragnarok, the end of days, is upon you. Heed the call of the gods as it’s the only chance to save mankind from the trickster Loki. Slay rival Viking clans, brutally dismember enemies and pillage your way through Midgard to become the God-Slayer.

Rune will enter Steam Early Access on September 19. Sail over to the presale page to reserve your Warrior, Berserker, or God Slayer package and reap the benefits of exclusive weapons, armor, ships, and more.
More information.

Unfortunately, I think this game is online only. They advertise brutal PvP and PvE combat as a feature, but I'm afraid that's a HUGE turn off for me.

I love the idea of an open world sandbox game, that lets you do whatever you want (aka Skyrim). But only if it's single player and moddable. Sadly, it doesn't look like this game is either.

Which is a shame, cause I love the setting.

Unfortunately, I think this game is online only. They advertise brutal PvP and PvE combat as a feature, but I'm afraid that's a HUGE turn off for me.

I love the idea of an open world survival game. But only if it's single player and moddable. Sadly, it doesn't look like this game is either.

Which is a shame, cause I love the setting.
Yeah it's another online game that focuses more on PvP and PvE combat. Anyway most fans and developers of this game give the excuse you can play solo if you want to.

It is online only, and combat focused, it is not like Conan exiles or Rend, here you just wander, kill, die etc, it would be better if you had to settle and build a base and then craft a ship and go raid other bases.. but not, and I think it is too incomplete for EA right now

Yeah it's another online game that focuses more on PvP and PvE combat. Anyway most fans and developers of this game give the excuse you can play solo if you want to.
I don't want to spend a dime on mmos with "oh yea we added an irrelevant campaign to
milk singleplayer fans too".

That certainly decreases my enthusiasm for it. I was hoping at the worst this would be like, say Dead Island or Borderlands where the MP aspect was limited and there was little difference between SP and co-op, but this is sounding more MMO-ish all the time (I obviously haven't been following close enough).

Back
Top Bottom