Cyberpunk 2077 - Gamescom Gameplay Video

You're hopeless. I guess their Mike Pondsmith is an animatronic replica and the interview posted earlier is all lies intended only to sway you from your righteousness.

Mike Pondsmith stands to make a fortune off royalties. Just because he says it's a faithful recreation of the P&P game, doesn't mean that I'm inclined to believe him.

I guess that's ammo for Silver Coin though…

These fanboys are too spongy

Ripper, get out of my head.:p

Exactly how I feel about it, I’d just add that I prefer my difficulty to come from AI and level design rather than artificially inflating difficulty by enemies being able to withstand massive amounts of damage.

I'm hoping that enemies can also get their hands on things like smartguns. Can you imagine seeing a guy run along the wall or shoot the wall behind you and bounce the bullet into your back when you're in cover? It would make fights more unpredictable and more dynamic, and it would also maybe help mitigate a lack of super sophisticated AI.

Let me whisper the worst offender "Tom Clancy's The Division". Talk about damage sponges, but that problem was fixed from what a few of my friends tell me.

Heck even the latest Fallout games the enemies are sponges unless you constantly use VATS. Which basically allows you to cheat and hardly miss in gunfights.

I'm hoping that enemies can also get their hands on things like smartguns. Can you imagine seeing a guy run along the wall or shoot the wall behind you and bounce the bullet into your back when you're in cover? It would make fights more unpredictable and more dynamic, and it would also maybe help mitigate a lack of super sophisticated AI.

I have a feeling we're going to see some cool scenarios in this game. Like the scene where the guy was firing at you through the wall with the penetrating gun. Things like that and the smart gun should make for some interesting encounters.

The jacket is level 2, the pants are level 1. The gear level shows up next to where the item is slotted on the paperdoll. If the armor has level, the weapons probably do as well even if that's not shown. Also, the jacket has resistances to various stuff similar to the TW3 armors (just different type of damage than TW3).

There is none of that (level/various damage types with resistances) in the pnp, so that wasn't their inspiration for it.

The pnp has item rarities already, they could have used those labels. Saying that, a Kang Tao being epic, lol, they made cheap high availability weapon in 2020.

The weirdest thing though, is that they made the Kerenzikov neuralware augmentation with high humanity cost in the pnp, a temp drug in the game. I guess that's ammo for Silver Coin though…

It doesn't have on weapons, which is my point. If they've shown it on armor, why wouldn't it be on them as well? From what was in the demo, that clearly wasn't the case, and intentionally ( or not) went through several "types".
I've played my share of Borderlands ( or Mass Effect 1), weapon itemization here looks a lot more similar to Mass Effect 3.
For armor, they're probably using something similar to Witcher upgrade armor path.
So it's an equivalent of "tier" of each type of ( protective ) gear.
But there was no " player required level".
I've no problem with that and it worked quite well…obviously here, you will need heavy protection ( and in Witcher, every set got more "bulkier", changing it's appearance significantly with every upgrade).
As for the changes, they seem fine: seems they're going for something similar to Fallout's damage type resistances, with the right weapon everything goes down fast. (Fire, Chemical, Emp and Physical...if I remember right)
And unique/boss types come with several weak points: still, compared to looter shooters like or Destiny/Anthem, it went down in less than 1/10th of time.
I don't see the complaints, compared to every shooter rpg I've played, enemies here went down faster than most. ( plus melee seems brutally effective)

Last edited:
Leveled itemization practically confirms there will be random loot in the game. That's another thing it has in common with looter-shooters.

snip..on everything

Some advice: yelling the same thing over and over in the same thread, does not sound more convincing, other than appearing more infantile each time.
Relax, take a deep breath, if you disagree with someone, it's fine to make a point..once. Perhaps Twice. Maybe three times.

Beyond that? Sorry, get some help.

And many, many RPGs of all kinds, including, for example, Divinity: Original Sin 2, a game rarely accused of barely being an RPG.

Itemization is often seen as a weak point in Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Anyways, I'm just saying leveled itemization and random loot tables are another way this game is like Destiny and The Division, in addition to everything else mentioned.

He's borderline trolling at this point. Not even worth replying to really.

I'm not a fan of using ignore function...but this guy? At least with Dartagnan, you get some decent write up and can read some coherent thought behind it.

Lol, fanboys are so funny.

Everything I've said about it not being faithful to the P&P game and resembling looter-shooters like Destiny and The Division is true. I've seen similar viewpoints expressed all over the internet and even within this thread.

My goal of sharing these thoughts wasn't to offend you, but to express dissatisfaction about the direction of a game I was previously really excited for (and to some extent still am). If you find my opinions deeply triggering however, by all means ignore me.

*I'm usually not this persistent either, but something about an oldschool CRPG forum circlejerking over a looter-shooter, and denying that's what it is, bothers me.

Maybe one reason for the bullet sponge game play in that trailer was that gun the main character used for most of the time looked like a beginning weapon. Very weak-ass gun, in other words. The shotgun at least seemed to blow the enemies away appropriately. I'm not sure if the main character used any of those more powerful weapons that she found later on except on the boss, and it makes sense that the boss was much tougher because he had extensive armor and a shield and so on. But just my 2 cents, regarding one possible explanation for the bullet sponge-ness.

Yeah, but they were also beginner enemies. The guy I used as an example was level 4.

Imagine if you used that pistol against a level 20 enemy? He'd probably be invincible.

Lol, fanboys are so funny.

Everything I've said about it not being faithful to the P&P game and resembling looter-shooters like Destiny and The Division is true. I've seen similar viewpoints expressed all over the internet and even within this thread.

My goal by sharing these opinions wasn't to offend you, but to express dissatisfaction about the direction of a game I was previously really excited for (and to some extent still am). If you find my opinions triggering however, by all means ignore me.

There is no levelled itemization/design like in looter shooters, which you keep on ignoring.

1. No levelled gear like in

latest

or Anthem

4r0qSvo

hqdefault.jpg

In comparison with Cyberpunk:

More standard weapon
https://imgur.com/a/SlIFlRs

vs.

Elite weapon

https://imgur.com/a/4r0qSvo

Notice several things?

First, no level required descriptive.

Second, there is no huge variation in base DPS stat, which is always primary attribute that scales in "looter genre" ( along with enemies). Compare item stats in games like Diablo or Borderlands between a common weapon vs. a unique one.

Third, from what we saw in the demo, weapons were hand placed in the environment. There was no showcase of random drops from what we've seen, based on % RNG.

In fact, there was a complete absence of loot in the demo…Hell you could not even loot some enemies ( when V takes a control chip from Maelstrom gang member), though this could be a work in progress).
That's not really a typical design for "looter shooter".

You guys are hilarious. All this from a pre-alpha/beta/whatever game play vid… I can't wait til it's actually released.

Re: beginner enemies.

Ok, well, it might be a game very heavily dependent on gear then. That, like most things, has pluses and minuses. But we are basing all this on a beta demo, so things can change, and we aren't aware of other things too that could have an effect, like difficulty level. Maybe a higher or lower difficulty will have more deadly style combat. I dunno. I would say its way too early to be definitive about stuff like this, personally.

I can tell by the way it's designed that some bullet sponge is inevitable, but I hope higher difficulties will improve AI and lethality to make it more bearable.

Realized what repulses me about this game: Cyberpunk pen & paper was fun to play and books were exciting to read, there are amazing TV shows now like Altered Carbon and Upgraded. However when it comes to play these games, identifying with a super-hot heroine character, who gets butchered by that abominable robotic arms mod is what repulses me. I'm an advocate of the XCOM:EW gene mods project that doesn't butcher the human body and still grants the individual new super-human capabilities!!!!!!!

I reeeeeeaaally hope they get the itemization right this time. If loot sucks (meaning finding the same weapons over and over again, just with a different level) it will be a major bummer. It was a real motivation killer in Witcher 3.

And I hope you can turn off the floating damage numbers. Those are major immersion killers.

Back
Top Bottom