Phantom Brigade - Teaser Trailer

Don't know a thing about the game, but just looking at the trailer, I like the idea of mechs protecting everyday towns from invaders, and trying to minimize the casualties.

Don't know a thing about the game, but just looking at the trailer, I like the idea of mechs protecting everyday towns from invaders, and trying to minimize the casualties.
I agree it's a shame a smaller developer then Harebrained Schemes can make a better mech game. It kinda reminds me of the older SRPG Front Mission games.

I agree it's a shame a smaller developer then Harebrained Schemes can make a better mech game.
Really? I'm thrilled they're making a better game. BT got boring faster than a Cicada Scout can skip over a mountain range.
This game looks three times cleaner and just like more fun.

Bit early to declare one better than the other. Phantom Brigade is definitely more flashy but until I play it I will refrain from a commentary. Also HBS is a small developer; do we know that the developer of Phantom Brigade is smaller ?

I agree it's a shame a smaller developer then Harebrained Schemes can make a better mech game. It kinda reminds me of the older SRPG Front Mission games.

Bit early to declare one better than the other. Phantom Brigade is definitely more flashy but until I play it I will refrain from a commentary. Also HBS is a small developer; do we know that the developer of Phantom Brigade is smaller ?
Damn always one person who has to ruin the fun and ask for facts.

Shoo away with you.:biggrin:

Anyway to answer your question the developer is called Brace Yourself Games, and has sixteen workers according to the games website. Here is the link for reference.

Link - https://braceyourselfgames.com/about/

HBS probably has a much larger team.

Also this devolper has another game in development.

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/427940/Industries_of_Titan/

As for Battletech you don't want my opinion believe me its not positive.

Last edited:
*I* want your opinion since it sounds similar to mine and will make me feel incrementally better about myself.
I really didn't get enough hours out of it to justify the cost.

*I* want your opinion since it sounds similar to mine and will make me feel incrementally better about myself.
I really didn't get enough hours out of it to justify the cost.
Fine here goes.

First off let me start with the positives.

1. The only developer making BatteTech strategy games
That's All.

Now for negatives.

1. Campaign is basically a Dud
  2. Combat is slow due to movement/animations but recent patched helped
  3. Not enough focus on the various political factions
  4. Most Mechs are not present but I understand due to game budget
  5. Mods have to make equipment feel like your playing Battletech
  6. They sold their company to Paradox

If it matters, I skipped BT because of input here on forum, have to repeat it - pilots are expendable, mechs are not. At whatever point of the game this apparently changes but sorry, not gonna change me.

I don't know if Phantom Brigade also plans to have the same world setup, hopefully not as I like the trailer.

I'll still wait to decide :) But those Canadians tend to do a good job…
--
I liked Battletech more than you though as I've said before the campaign was trash the basic mechanic was a lot of fun and maps were mostly decent - not great - but decent. I haven't seen much of the campaign here yet. Anyway we'll know in a year or two …. So story wise a 2 but fun factor 8 or 9.
-

Damn always one person who has to ruin the fun and ask for facts.

Shoo away with you.:biggrin:

Anyway to answer your question the developer is called Brace Yourself Games, and has sixteen workers according to the games website. Here is the link for reference.

Link - https://braceyourselfgames.com/about/

HBS probably has a much larger team.

Also this devolper has another game in development.

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/427940/Industries_of_Titan/

Back
Top Bottom