Starflight 3 - Chris Taylor Interview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Starflight 3 has entered its final week of crowdfunding. The latest update shares an interview with Chris Taylor about Starflight.

Final Week!

Posted: 09/22/2018 The Home Stretch!

This is it, folks! We’re six days out and we have a long way to go to reach our goal. It’s not looking good for our friends at Interstel but crazier things than an 11th hour funding win have happened! We’re doing our best to get the word out and we really appreciate the support, help and love you’ve shown for one of our favorite games of all time!

Chris Taylor Talks Starflight

For a little inspiration we got to catch up with Chris Taylor. Chris is an industry legend having designed some of great games including Dungeon Siege and Total Annihilation. Chris took some time to talk about what Starflight gave to him early on in his gaming journey!​

Thanks so much for your support! And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@Starflightgame)!​

Sincerely,​

The Starflight 3 Team​
More information.

Uh, he got old. That stress man, doesn't exactly care for your shelf-life. I was remembering him from his drama-queen Kickstarter crying-interviews.

And then Chris realized they need to bring this game to Kickstarter with a 400K goal! Wait! He already done that and asked for 1.1 mil but only got $504,120 and he transformed that WildMan Kickstarter into a big crying Brazilian Drama. Queen Chris has found himself again in a tight corner! What will he do now? Leave the industry for brewing beer?

His Dungeon Siege I-II games were amazing!!! Probably because of great contributions of his great mates!

$400k to raise in three days? They'd better have some serious Fig investors waiting in the wings.

Would be a great shame if Starflight 3 didn't get funded. :(

Agreed. I would have raised my pledge if a second copy of the game was included in an affordable tier, I don't care for any of the other extras.

Well three days left and only half funded it's not looking good. It would take a thousand of more backers at the lowest price, or a few whales to back at the highest tiers.

They'd need 20,000 more backers at the $20 tier to make up the $400k they need. They currently have 1244 backers at that level. Unless they have major investors about to save the day, this campaign is toast.

They'd need 20,000 more backers at the $20 tier to make up the $400k they need. They currently have 1244 backers at that level. Unless they have major investors about to save the day, this campaign is toast.
Yep I wanted to sound more gentle then say 20,000, but yeah that's a goal I don't see happening based on the data of this games funding. It's pity I actually like this game.

Seems Chris Taylor has nothing but bad luck with crowdfunding. He tried before and failed, and frankly the last game of his I bought was Supreme Commander.

I'm almost wondering if they do have big investors ready to pounce, or I would have thought they might as well cancel at this stage.

I'm almost wondering if they do have big investors ready to pounce, or I would have thought they might as well cancel at this stage.
It will probably be a surprise announcement on it's last day if that happens.

I expect the developers to continue to develop the game and seek alternate funding. Maybe they will go to Kickstarter and then do Early Access like so many others do. Failing that they will look for a publisher, but this game will happen.

Well nine hours left in the campaign and it's still only half funded.

Seems Sliver's post above might be this games future.

As expected they didn't make it, but I hope they manage to secure running some other way and that the game is made. I really wasn't to play this one, and I'll gladly pledge again of they try a second campaign.

Back
Top Bottom