Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
D2K: At The Fish Eye - Let's Talk About New Game +

This time Nikolas and Julia will reveal more about the upcoming update 1.3.0 and its new feature - New Game+! Join us to hear more about what is coming to Dying Light 2 Stay Human in the next 2 days!
Diablo Immortal Coming to PC in June

Diablo Immortal is a free-to-play game coming to iOS, Android and PC Open Beta.
Dark Envoy Soundtrack Sample - Steam

Hi, I'm Dawid Majewski and I'm the one behind the music for Dark Envoy. I first worked with Event Horizon when I created the OST for Tower of Time. And while I am glad about the way the soundtrack turned out, I am convinced that the musical experience in Dark Envoy is more mature and much better in quality, both in terms of composition and production.

Valheim Sells 10M Copies - Twitter
Valheim has sold over 10 million copies! Thank you to every single one of you who got us to this milestone - when we launched the game we could never in our wildest dreams have imagined this!
Darkest Dungeon II - The Grave Robber Hero Paths
The Deadeye Path hones in on Grave Robber's keen eyes to enhance her ranged precision. This allows her to keep her distance while still effectively taking down enemies, but it comes at a great cost to her melee damage and resistances.
World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Interview - VentureBeat
I was able to talk with World of Warcraft lead game designer Jeremy Feasel and UI designer Laura Sardinha about Dragonflight's new features and how it hopes to lift WoW up for a stronger future.
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - April 2022 Newsletter
This month's newsletter is overflowing with content from five articles.
The Way of Wrath Progress Report and New Armors - Steam
In this update, we wanted to share our progress and show off some new armors you can wear in the game.

Development is going great. We're wrapping up core development on most new gameplay systems and now working on polishing the player experience, replacing prototype stuff with final UI and art.

A New Real-Time combat option has been implemented, and Turn-Based combat greatly improved. You'll even be able to switch between them mid-combat and also save the game during combat.

We're implementing full gamepad support and most common movement styles with mouse and keyboard. (Point and click, Mouse hold, AWSD)

King Arthur: Knight's Tale Official Launch Trailer

Check out the launch trailer for King Arthur: Knight's Tale, the new Arthurian-myth tactical strategy game (where you play the bad guy!) from NeoCore Games that will be released tomorrow (April 26) for PC.
Chernobylite - Official Next-Gen and Enhanced Edition Launch Trailer

Chernobylite, the survival horror RPG set in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, is available now on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S, featuring visual improvements, ray-tracing support, and more.
Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters | Developer Gameplay Walkthrough

Complex Games CEO and Creative Director Noah Decter-Jackson talks you through a key story mission in Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters. It takes place on a damaged Aeldari Craftworld, where the Grey Knights and Inquisitor Kartha Vakir seek the origins of the plague (called the Bloom) that Nurgle has unleashed on the Tyrtaeus Sector. Daemonhunters will be released on May 5 for PC.

Fallout 4 Miami Misadventures Episode 1 - Release Trailer

Miami Misadventures is an episodic mod that provides a single platform for all standalone mod content released during the production of Fallout: Miami. It features new characters, quests, items and locations in the Commonwealth. Each episode is due to be released simultaneously on both PC and Xbox One.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale Review Impressions

King Arthur: Knight’s Tale is one of the best tactical turn-based RPGs I've played in awhile largely because of the highly nuanced and cohesive mechanics that always seem to make sense. It never fails to keep you on your toes because of how tough combat and progression can become, but even the difficulty itself doesn't feel unfair since your choices ultimately affect what happens to the Heroes you recruit and manage. Right from the start, combat is exhilarating and fun and this pace doesn't dwindle. Quite the opposite in fact, as you unlock more Skills and enhance the party's gear, things only become more interesting..
Through the Ashes - Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous DLC Overview Impressions

If you enjoy making critical choices, controlling the fate of the party by engaging in their respective side missions, solving puzzles, finding secrets as an alternative to outright combat, and exploring the other side of Kenabres as an ordinary citizen, then I highly recommend purchasing the Through the Ashes DLC. It's a unique and unforgettable experience in the Pathfinder space as you get to focus more on the game's storyline!

Holomento Early Access on Steam and GOG

Holomento is an Indie Permadeath Action-RPG focusing on the dangerous quest of passing through the mysterious Eventide Hollow – and rebuilding it step by step. A horrible curse was laid upon the land and Eventide Hollow fell into despair. The source of the curse was also its only protection from it… the Holomento.
Bethesda Launcher Shutdown - Bethesda
You are now able to transfer over your Bethesda.net game Library to your Steam account. Please follow the instructions on the Transfer Page to start your transfer. If at any point you run into issues with your transfer, we encourage you to reach out to Customer Support by visiting help.bethesda.net. We have also included several new entries to the FAQ below, so take a look to see if your question is already addressed.

Starting on May 11, you will no longer be able to play your games on the Bethesda.net Launcher, but you will still be able to access the Launcher and your Library. So you don't have to worry about missing the window to transfer. Even if you can't play your games on the Bethesda.net Launcher, you can still transfer them to your Steam account.
Legends of Ellaria - The one year aniversary Cheat Sheet
To celebrate our one year anniversary, we've unlocked the in-game console commands, which will allow you to add money, items, armies, XP, teleport to locations, skip quests, and more. We don't encourage you to use these commands but we figured out that some of you have already played Legends of Ellaria and would like a different experience.
Medieval Dynasty - The mysterious message gets revealed
We have some good news to share with you! The scoundrels who took the notes from the village have been captured at the edge of the valley! They paid their fine, but let's turn our attention to the most important thing: the contents of the notes!
Dragon Age 4 QA Devs Say They're Unionizing - Kotaku
The video game industry is currently undergoing a small but unprecedented wave of developer organizing. Last week it even reached the halls of famed RPG maker BioWare, where a group of QA contractors working on Dragon Age 4 revealed their intention to unionize. The two biggest reasons why? Bad pay and concerns over a full-time return to the office while the pandemic still lingers.
Sifu Free Update Roadmap Announced - Gematsu
Sloclap has announced the roadmap of free updates planned for Sifu, which begin with the spring 2022 update due out alongside the physical release on May 3.

Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms - Alive & kicking!
Not a massive update for you today but for sure the most important one since a long time: Gamera Interactive took back publishing rights for Alaloth – Champions of The Four Kingdoms, its own in-house developed IP. We can’t go into details about the process that led to this [don’t ask] but hey, that’s a big news, isn’t it?Hands shaking while posting this, we are over the moon now, after a very long silence since the latest Steam update back in November. We can’t wait to show you what we were working on and disavow all those who believed the worst about the future of Alaloth.

On one hand, we’ve suffered the pain of not being able to answer to everyone in real time, we offer our apologies for this. On the other hand, the huge support we’ve received, fueled us and gave us all the strength to move forward as a team, even in the darkest moments, facing the pandemic first and many other issues out of our control then. As any “respected studio” outside, we’ve got trolls jumping in here and in our social channels sharing “the truth” about the development: the upcoming cancellation of the project, the redesign of 99% of the game, the shady explanations of the problems we had and so on. Nothing true of course but legit, we can say, considering the above-mentioned silence that luckily ends today with this fresh restart. This time for real.
Elden Ring Is Fair and Just, Except When It Isn't - Jeff Vogel
Elden Ring, by From Software, is a pretty big deal, so I had to play it. I just can’t sit back while everyone else grabs all the good Hot Takes.My Scorching Hot, Muy Caliente Take: It’s good.I beat it in 100 hours, killing all major bosses. I relied on Google to learn how to do things well. I used every possible advantage the game gave me. I used the most overpowered weapons and was helped by the most powerful summons. I had to do it this way. I am old and slow. Thanks to all the help, I managed to drag my carcass across the finish line. It was very, very fun.

I like Jeff Vogel's thoughts and share his same thoughts about the popularity of From Software games. I also agree with him on keeping some rough edges in a game to make them more fun. Good stuff!

Immortal Life Released on Early Access

Join a flourishing settlement in an idyllic valley and seek a peaceful life as you search for a way to restore your recently destroyed Taoist clan. Farm, rebuild, make friends, explore, and train. Will you find your way to immortality in this earthly paradise?
Rogue Legacy 2 Released - Epic Games or Steam

After nearly two years in Early Access, Rogue Legacy 2 is available now!
Dying Light 2 Q&A - Wccftech
With Dying Light 2's early launch period now largely behind us, it's time to start looking to the road ahead. I recently had the opportunity to grill Dying Light 2 lead designer Tymon a about the game's upcoming story DLC, and the potential for new modes of play, factions, drivable vehicles, weapon repairs, and more. He hints at a lot of interesting stuff, so jump into the interview, below.
Activision Blizzard Shareholders Approve MS Deal - Activision Blizzard
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) announced that its stockholders approved Microsoft Corporation's (Nasdaq: MSFT) proposal to acquire Activision Blizzard at the Activision Blizzard Special Meeting of Stockholders held earlier today. More than 98% of the shares voted at the Special Meeting were voted in favor of the proposed transaction with Microsoft.
Microsoft Showcase in June - Microsoft
Today, we are excited to announce that the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will stream on Sunday, June 12 at 10 a.m. PT. This show will feature amazing titles coming from Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda, and our partners around the world.

The Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will include everything you need to know about the diverse lineup of games coming soon to the Xbox ecosystem, including upcoming releases to Game Pass on Xbox and PC.
Tales of Arise Sells 2M - BANDAI NAMCO
We're celebrating a new major milestone today, as Tales of Arise has reached 2 million copies sold! We are so grateful for your precious support. Thank you!
Former Bethesda Employee Leaks Starfield Details - Gamerant
Responding to the questions of another user, Hevy008 praises Bethesda Game Studios as a cool solid place to work, says Todd Howard is a charismatic guy, and proceeds to provide a few fine details for Starfield. The user criticizes its flight mechanics and describes its engine as a “piece of crap,” but the rest is largely positive.

SpellForce 3 Reforced - Official Journey Mode Trailer
Check out the latest SpellForce 3 Reforced trailer for a look at what to expect with the Journey Mode feature of this RTS and RPG hybrid game. Journey Mode allows you to create your own hero and play with up to three friends or challenge them in PvP matches.
Xbox Showcase Announced: Here's What to Expect - IGN Daily Fix

Xbox and Bethesda have announced a showcase this June, right around the time E3 would normally happen, but if you haven't heard, E3 isn't happening this year. But that's ok, because Bethesda looks to have a pretty solid lineup of games to show off, including the Indiana Jones game, State of Decay 3, the Perfect Dark reboot, Avowed, and a ton more.
Top 5 NEW RPGs of MAY - (Turn-based RPG, Soulslike RPG, and Indie RPG)

In this series, we highlight the Top 5 RPGs for the upcoming month. In this edition, we're going to take a look at each of the titles, talk a little about each, and then explain why we think they deserve to be on the list. So join me now and find a mixture of some hidden gems and old favorites given a shiny new coat of paint.
Mass Effect 3 10 Years Later - 10 BIG Reasons To Revisit This Classic

Mass Effect 3 was a controversial game at the time of its launch, to say the very least, and sure enough, plenty of the criticism it received was well warranted.

Top RPG News May 01, 2022

Sea of Stars Combat, Diablo Immortal Coming to PC, King Arthur Knight's Tale Review, Monochrome Mobius English Localization, Honkai Star Rail 2nd Closed Beta, PlayStation Plus May Games, Soul Hackers 2 Release Date, and Spellforce 3 Coming to Consoles on this week of Top RPG News May 01, 2022
Genshin Impact 2.7 - Is It Too Late To Play in 2022?

Since the launch of the free-to-play online Action-RPG Genshin Impact, the game has gained a number of updates not only adding new characters to the game but new regions, activities, player housing, story, and much more. In this video, we are going to go over whether the game is worth your time in 2022.
Vampire: The Masquerade Heartless Lullaby FAQ - Steam
First of all, we would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your comments and all the feedback you are giving us, you really are a wonderful community. Let us introduce ourselves, we are Entalto Studios, the developers behind Vampire: The Masquerade - Heartless Lullaby! We are a small Indie studio, made up of eight people from the north of Spain, and Heartless Lullaby is our first narrative project set in the World of Darkness.

Heartless Lullaby was our entry in the Vampire Jam, held during the month of November 2021, in which we were the winners. Developed in just thirty days and completely from scratch, Heartless Lullaby is just a proof of concept that serves as a prologue. We want to make it clear that it is NOT a full game, just a first chapter.
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Establishing a Franchise - Bethseda
On May 1, 2022, we celebrate 20 years since Morrowind's launch and the path it paved for The Elder Scrolls series. Join some of those who worked on the game itself as they reminisce on working on the RPG classic and what made it such a special project to work on.
Warner Bros. Interactive Game Studios and IPs Could Soon Be for Sale - Gamerant
The report comes from Fanbyte Media's Imran Khan, who says that he's "hearing a decent bit of chatter" regarding WB Discovery's new plans. Khan explains that WB Discovery's shopping its game studios around. The list of studios at Warner Bros. Interactive currently includes Hogwarts Legacy studio Avalanche Software, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor dev Monolith Productions, Mortal Kombat creator NetherRealm Studios, Batman: Arkham and Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League studio Rocksteady Studios, as well as TT Games, and WB studios in Montreal, Boston, New York, San Diego, and San Francisco.
MythForce Early Access Impressions

1. PC Gamer
  2. Eurogamer
  3. PC Invasion
The Iron Oath Early Access Previews

1. Rock Paper Shotgun
  2. Polygon
  3. PC Invasion

Matt Chat 485: Bruce Nesmith of Bethesda and TSR

This episode features an interview with star game designer and author Bruce Nesmith. Bruce's credits include Skyrim, Oblivion, Ravenloft: Realm of Terror, and the Dragonstrike boardgame just to name a few! He's also authored a new novel about Loki. We also take a look at his 1980 procedurally-generated Dragons computer game. You definitely don't want to miss this one!
Exploring Turn-Based Tactics Design in The Iron Oath

This week on Design Delve, Marty and JM8 speak with Chris Wingard and Nik Mueller from Curious Panda who have just released The Iron Oath. A turn-based tactics RPG published by Humble.
Post-Apocalyptic SP Game By A Solo Developer Looks Quite Ambitious

The first-person shooter genre is easily one of the most popular ones in all of gaming and has stood the test of time over the course of multiple decades at this point. With so many developers providing so many different takes on this formula, fans now have multiple sub-genres to choose from - arena shooters, military shooters, horror shooters, and of course, survival shooters. The latter of these sub-genres is mostly dominated by PC-centric franchises such as the likes of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. among others.

Of course, there's also a budding indie scene that has given us games like DayZ, Escape from Tarkov and others. In this feature series, we are highlighting many such promising experiences spanning multiple genres. Today, we will be looking at Road To Vostok. It's a pretty ambitious game that while not the most groundbreaking in its themes and ideas, boasts some interesting background research and features in-depth survival mechanics that might end up being appealing to many players.
Empyre: Dukes of the Far Frontier Announced - Steam

Set in a Neo-Victorian Wild West, The Archduke welcomes you to the Utopian city of Bliss, a city built by steam-powered automatons. The promise of a carefree life awaits. Or does it? Claw your way through the dark secrets lying under the surface in this isometric alternate history RPG adventure.
FromSoftware's Good Grace (The Jimquisition)

Elden Ring has been a ludicrous success, but has that success come at a heavy cost? It's hard to know, because anybody daring to criticize FromSoftware lately is at risk of unleashing hordes of angry fans upon themselves.

Fallout and Elder Scrolls remasters from inXile & StarField MMO?

If it helps, Skullzi's ES6 info aligns *almost* perfectly with everything I've been told about it. Except the dragon stuff. That hasn't been mentioned to me. Also got the Remasters confirmed to me just now.
Action RPG Thymesia to releases on PC August 9th

Team17 and OverBorder Studio have today announced that punishing action-RPG Thymesia will launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on 9th August. As the mysterious masked protagonist Corvus, players will battle through the plague-ridden and blood-soaked streets of Hermes against the unforgiving enemies that now inhabit the once-thriving city. Tasked with uncovering the truth and saving Hermes, Corvus will utilise mysterious plague powered weapons reaved from fallen foes and use them to execute devastating attacks as he overcomes seemingly impossible odds and uncovers the truth hidden in his memories.
Together in Battle - New Demo Available - Steam
An SRPG roguelite with vibrant procedurally generated characters and emergent relationship-building. Uncover a sinister conspiracy; fight deep turn-based tactical battles; handle random events; watch your characters grow together.
New Dark Eye RPGs Planned - Gamestar
Once upon a time, a time-honoured role-playing system ruled the German lands and brought joy and happiness to the hearts of German fans of cultivated role-playing with some glorious PC games. The Black Eye produced classics such as Drakensang, The Northland Trilogy or Satinav's Chains. But this time seems to be over.

Where there was once light, there is now shadow. For many years, there has not been a game in Aventuria that could tie in with these high times. Book of Heroes was the sad low point.

Why DSA is struggling nowadays also has to do with how the PC market has developed. Because while games are becoming more and more expensive, the world of Das Schwarze Auge has remained a German niche market.

But not all hope is lost yet. The Black Eye is supposed to come back, just not necessarily any time soon. In the podcast, Jan Wagner, Head of Digital Games at DSA publisher Ulisses, gave us exclusive insights into the master plan for good PC games based around Das Schwarze Auge.
Podcast Episode #40: The Iron Oath Dev Interview - Explorminate
Rob, Drexy, and Jesse sit down with Chris and Nik of Curious Panda Games about their upcoming mercenary management tactics game, The Iron Oath. If you haven;t checked The Iron Oath out yet, you might want to start!
Monomyth Current Progress and Beta Date - Kickstarter
First and foremost, I would like to announce that the closed beta of Monomyth will start on the 17th of June. This will also affect the final release date, but before we go into this, let me give you a little overview of the progress that's been made during the last few weeks.
No Plans for Shenmue 4 says Yu Suzuki - VGS
Suzuki was speaking to IGN Japan this weekend at a special event to celebrate Shenmue in Yokosuka, the city where the series is based. As reported by Famitsu, Suzuki discussed several topics, including the recently released Shenmue anime, and spoke about Shenmue 3 and his potential plans for a sequel. According to Famitsu, Suzuki said that Shenmue 3 was a work made for the fans, with the fans in mind, and was a crowdfunded Kickstarter title for this reason.

Hey couch, where does it talk about remasters of Fallout/Elder Scrolls? I skipped through it and didn't hear about it.

Achilles: Legends Untold - Co-op Gameplay

Get your first look at co-op gameplay in Achilles: Legends Untold, the upcoming action-RPG that features procedurally generated dungeons and nasty bosses to fight. It's out on May 12 for $19.99.
Path of Exile: Sentinel - Official Expansion Trailer

In Path of Exile: Sentinel, PoE's latest expansion, ancient constructs have been unearthed across Wraeclast. You will harness the power of these Sentinels to control your level of risk and reward on the battlefield. You will uncover and collect Sentinels and take advantage of their great power. When deployed, they follow you for a short time and empower your enemies, greatly increasing both their difficulty and reward.
Outward: Definitive Edition Upcoming Balance Changes - Steam
Today I would like to clarify what we mean when we say "we made balancing changes" , as I'm pretty confident it will affect the experience in a meaningful way.

Of course, there is a plethora of small tweaks to increase the viability of as many options as possible, but these could be the kind of balance changes in any patch. For the definitive edition, I'm happy we had the chance to make wider and far reaching changes.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Creative Competition #2 Now Live - Steam
More than a year ago, we announced our first official creative competition where nearly 100 participants battled on three separate fields: the creation of lively and scenic villages, the making of Bannerlord themed 2D art and the taking of astonishing in-game screenshots. We were both surprised and amazed by the quick adoption of our extensive modding kit, as well as the creativity, skill and ingenuity of competition participants.
Master of Magic Remake April 2022 Developer Diary - MuHa Games
We’ve had a pleasantly surprising response to the beta announcement, and also just to us working on the remake. As such, we have seen a lot of new ‘faces’ on our community sites. With that in mind, I decided that this month’s dev diary will take a look at the team and try to give you an insight on how we’ve been doing thus far.
Sacred Fire Act 2 Testing Update, And Sale - Steam
We're back with another update for you. As we mentioned in our previous announcement, we want to make sure Act 2 is as polished and exciting as possible when we fully release it. That's why we started a public test through our Discord where you could get your hands on the first few scenes of Act 2.
Sculpting the Characters in Broken Roads - Drop Bear Bytes
Bianca Roux is Drop Bear Bytes Lead Character Artist, a role that covers 3D modeling all the people, creatures and a good few buildings and props in the world of Broken Roads. This week, our Narrative Director, Leanne Taylor-Giles, spoke to Bianca about her work, her inspirations, the differences between working on films and games, and her penchant for True Crime Podcasts. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Well now with the announcement of the site closing I think it's fair to say this thread will henceforth cease to be updated by me. It was fun while it lasted my fellow watchers.:salute:

Well now with the announcement of the site closing I think it's fair to say this thread will henceforth cease to be updated by me. It was fun while it lasted my fellow watchers.:salute:

Pity - i enjoyed reading this thread. You know you could continue to update it with the presumption that one of the admins will take over this site and keep it running ;)

But if not - then thanks for the secondary news feed it was enjoyable while it lasted....

Back
Top Bottom