Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Gosh, we can all only hope/pray/DREAM that some of these other great Square games will make their ways to our computer platforms some day. Especially the ones like Final Fantasy: Tactics, Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, among many others. Good times may indeed be heading our collective ways!!~

It seems it's progressing nicely, they should have enough time to keep it a 2022 release if that beta stage is so close.

Interesting to hear they decided to switch from Unity to the Unreal Engine. It's said very diplomatically, but I'm relieved they did that.

The switch to Unreal Engine was done quite some time ago. I'm suprised you didn't know about it.

PC Gamer also had a recent article where they say the game is nearly finished. I just hope they release it in a fully finished state and don't end up going the early access route or anything like that.

The switch to Unreal Engine was done quite some time ago. I'm suprised you didn't know about it.

I didn't know it started with Unity. I've not followed this game for a long time, and not very closely.

The video inspires confidence, but as you say, let's hope they don't rush it or change their plans because of a deadline.

Chris Avellone Talks Fallout Again - Medium
Many years before the Great War of 2077, specifically, the late 90s and a few years into the new millennium (2002, in fact), a time when all things regarding Fallout seemed to be going nowhere at Interplay, I worked on a keep awareness of Fallout high (and also test out the community reaction to ideas) a series of releases called the Fallout Bible
Darkest Dungeon II The Jester Hero Paths
The Virtuoso Path utilizes the Jester's musical acumen to soothe the party and keep meltdowns at bay. The Virtuoso boasts improved stress healing and resistance, higher speed, and larger health pool. The price is a reduced Bleed, Blight, and Burn resistance, however.
Jeff Vogel's Assorted Video Game Thoughts
Alas, it has been a long time since I updated this blog. This is mainly because of doing a huge amount of development, bug fixing, and PR for our next game, Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor. Elden Ring hasn't helped much either. I'll get into writing again soon, but for now a few stray thoughts.
Icewind Dale II Playing as a Party of Evil Mages - PCGamer
Fighter. Rogue. Healer. Mage. This is the archetypical role-playing party, the quadrumvirate that guarantees a good time no matter the setting. It is balanced, broad, and allows you to see as much of the spectrum of adventuring as possible brute forcing your way into tombs, deactivating their traps, and parsing the strange scrolls found within.
The New Witcher Game Should Be All Side Quests - TheGamer
I've always loved the idea of a witcher. A lone wanderer drifting from place to place, getting into adventures, slaying monsters, and briefly finding themselves tangled up in other people's problems, for a price, of course. These rootless mercenaries shun a comfortable life to walk The Path, and there's something incredibly compelling about that. Whether it's Toshiro Mifune's from Yojimbo, the Man With No Name, or, more recently, The Mandalorian's Din Djarin, I've always been a fan of this character archetype.

It's also my favourite way to play The Witcher 3. Yeah, the story is great, but I'm never happier in the Northern Kingdoms than when I'm just riding around on Roach doing nothing in particular. When I replay CDPR's masterpiece, I always select the option to immediately start the Blood and Wine expansion. This starts you out with a levelled up Geralt, somewhere in Velen, with all the story quests completed. But, and here's the best bit, every side quest is left untouched. Now it's the wandering samurai game I always wished existed.
Some original Chrono Cross data may be lost to time - RPGSite
In a message posted via the official Chrono Cross Twitter, Tanaka explained he'd heard taking the classic PlayStation title and remastering it "was a real struggle" since original resources weren't all easily accessible. During his time on the project, Tanaka says the data for Chrono Cross was all preserved on Square Enix's internal servers "perfectly," but perhaps perfect is a little more subjective here as it sounds like the Chrono Cross data had no backups.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines has aged like fine wine - PCGamer
The year of 2004 was an auspicious one for videogames. In fact, it was, perhaps, a bit too auspicious for Troika, a small CRPG development house headed by ex-Black Isle veterans.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous DLC Through the Ashes April 21st- GB
Owlcat Games has announced that its next DLC for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, Through the Ashes, is out on April 21st. It will launch for PC via Steam, GOG and the Epic Games Store. Details on gameplay have yet to be revealed but two new characters will be joining players on their journey.

A former thief, Rekarth is a tiefling described as harsh but who gets things done. Sendri, on the other hand, is a gnome who's more lighthearted and uses magic. Though their roles in this new story are unknown, they will reportedly do their best to help you get to safety(and hope you do the same in return).

If Through the Ashes is included with the Season Pass, then this is likely its second DLC. According to its Steam listing, it's an additional campaign that sees players working with other survivors to reach the Defender's Heart in Kenabres. You must choose who will join and allocate resources accordingly, meaning you can act selfishly or for everyone's benefit. Stay tuned for more details and confirmation in the meantime.
Gearbox owner Embracer says it plans to continue its $8bn acquisition spree - VGC
Since the start of 2020, the Swedish company has made 62 acquisitions at a cost of $8.1 billion. And CEO Lars Wingefors reportedly told the Financial Times that he plans to make a similar number of acquisitions in the coming months and years.He said he wants to invest in the free-to-play games space, as well as in countries like the UK, the US, Poland, France and China.
Why review scores are dead - GamesIndustry.biz
Review scores used to be able to tell you if a game was good. Magazines and sites often broke things down into individual scores aspects, and if the story scored a 9/10 and you liked story-driven games, it was a good indicator that you should probably buy the game.

This was before you were able to watch someone play the first half-hour of the game and before you could see the community react. Shelf space was limited, and there was no Twitch or YouTube.

Gamers make their own decisions now. And quite often, that decision does not align with the opinion of an editor that's giving a review score.
Here are the reasons why review scores are dead and what developers should do about it.

Beamdog's new game is called MythForce - Epic Games
Inspired by beloved 80s cartoons, MythForce unites swords & sorcery with gripping 1st-person combat in a roguelite adventure fit for Saturday mornings. Brave the dungeon alone or join forces with friends to take on an ever-changing Castle of Evil!
It's not an RPG either but not surprised as Beamdog hinted at that yesterday.
Tomorrow we are announcing something new and it is a bit of a departure for us. If you look back in our DNA it makes a ton of sense, but it is not going to be what a lot of people expect from us.

Steelrising Exclusive New Gameplay

On this special exclusive New Gameplay Today, the developers behind Steelrising join us to give you an inside look at their exciting new action RPG!
Weird West Plague Community Event + Roadmap Reveal

The Community Plague Event is live for a limited time! "Reports are rolling in from across the Weird West of a plague of undead rising from the grave!
King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Classes of the Round Table
King Arthur: Knight's Tale will be released in less than a month, so let's review what kind of unit types you will be controlling - more precisely: what are the various benefits the knights will bring to the Round Table?

It's nice to see Beamdog detaching their lamprey mouths from successes past and doing their own thing, but my interest in this game is negligible.

Game reminds me of the old 80's adventure games combined with the D&D cartoon. Anyway it's what I excepted as I don't see Beamdog making any good original RPGs.

Hah their last game was Axis & Allies 1942 Online.:disappointed:

Nice to see that bit about King Arthur: Knight's Tale, thanks Couch.

Wow, the Beamdog game looks dumb. And it's an Epic exclusive, too, to trigger the remaining few people that might be interested :lol:

Wow, the Beamdog game looks dumb. And it's an Epic exclusive, too, to trigger the remaining few people that might be interested :lol:
Tell me about it. I remember the time when they actually had more RPGs planned, and that unannounced original one with all the talent they spent acquiring five years back.

Only to cancel everything due to lack of funds, and now we get this abomination.:(

Back
Top Bottom