2008 NHL Playoffs

Of course it was phony. Rafalski didn't throw his arm out at all and Sid has neither talent nor drive to get a puck that's not legitimately his in the first place. Also, the refs weren't waiting for the Wings to do that again after no multiple complaints.

Also, I fast forward through through the first 15 minutes until the puck is dropped. I guess since they didn't show any clips I missed Doc and Olcyck talk about it.

Man, Olcyck is boring. And then they get Messier during intermissions. Ever since John Davidson went back to management there's no good color guys on national TV. I was hoping to see Hull or JR take over for Grapes at least last year.

Whew!!!!!! What an incredible game!!

Wings handed game 5 to Pittsburgh on a silver platter!

If it weren't for Niklas Kronwall putting the puck into his own net, Detroit would have won that game 3-2 in regulation.

The other way to look at it, is that the goalies were excellent. 55 shots I think Detroit had. Overtime games boost interest IMO.

I blame the crowd at JLA. You don't start a "We Want the Cup" chant with 6 minutes left and a 1 goal lead. The hockey gods don't like that sort of presumption. Although the bad guys won, it was a very good game.

I watched and have to complain about the goal-tender interference calls. They have got to change that stupid stuff. I thought the Wings had it made watching them in the first OT, but it looked like they lost some spunk in that second one. Good game.

well players can't be running the goaltender like that even if they have the puck. they have to stop. the only reason it didn't happen before the 80's is because of the risk of the injury. If guys like Glenn Anderson didn't fall on their rear on purpose and bring the puck in skates first in the past there wouldn't be a problem.

Regardless, the real factor was the lousy ice at the Joe. It clearly favoured the Pens who blew their 2-0 lead on it.

I don't know why Detroit let this happen. Its not like the Pistons played the same day.

Regardless, two more! Let's see if Gonchar can show up for the game like he says.

And how about Sykora saying he'd score when he hadn't all series.

CUP BABY!!!

About crapped myself at the end there.

Let's Go Red Wings!

Attachments

• FNG101060423_1024x768.jpg
    FNG101060423_1024x768.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 34
One soft goal and one fluke were the downfall of the Pens!! :(

That was a great series and a great last game. Not the best but worth watching for sure. Congrats Wings. Now to hope one year I get to see the Blues playing in June.

Yeah, an excellent series. The quality of hockey from the wings all throughout the playoffs was as high as I've ever seen it. It's going to be tough watching Euro 2008 after this.

Is it just me, or are Hasek and McCarty sporting Toronto Maple Leafs logos on the backs of their caps in that photo dte posted? Also, how the heck did Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Schumacher manage to get themselves into that picture. Dirk's in the far right corner just behind Scotty, and Schumi's in the upper left corner.

Is it just me, or are Hasek and McCarty sporting Toronto Maple Leafs logos on the backs of their caps in that photo dte posted?
I did a doubletake on that, too. It's a Stanley Cup logo, but there's clearly some sort of Canadian curse being cast here.

It's an omen for next year!! Go Leafs!!!! :)

I guess dte won this little competition in the end, cheers, mate! *throws his non-existent pimp hat in the air and yells 'hip-hip-hooray!'*

Yeah, go leafs..down the toilet as usual. Good place for you.

Hasek announced his retirement (again) today.

I guess dte won this little competition in the end, cheers, mate! *throws his non-existent pimp hat in the air and yells 'hip-hip-hooray!'*
I don't think so, but I'll make some time to tally the scores tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Back
Top Bottom