D:OS A Larian / D: OS preview by RPGWatch?

Divinity: Original Sin

Galaad

Sentinel
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
So, I may be bringing this up a little late but I thought It would be nice if someone from The Watch team would have an interview with Larian about D: OS. Especially given our participation in the project, Im pretty sure if we have someone serious they would give us an interview and preview of the Alpha.

Not being very original here since I'm borrowing this idea from reading tweets between Swen & Felipepe about a Codex interview…but I figured if they're doing it, I'm pretty sure we could as well :).

Do we really need a preview? Name me one of us who didn't support it on KS or if not doesn't plan to buy it when it's released.

Alrik could talk to them. He's been in their games since the beginning. I think Alrik was an imp in the first game, iirc.

I'm curious as to when we're getting our alpha/beta hands on it. Myrthos has been quite silent, so I guess he isn't hearing anything. I know the alpha was delayed.

I'm all for it but right now most watch team members are busy, and unfortunately I don't do articles. As an excuse my writing is terrible.:)
I'm curious as to when we're getting our alpha/beta hands on it. Myrthos has been quite silent, so I guess he isn't hearing anything. I know the alpha was delayed.
Myrthos is busy with his real life right now. He should be back regularly after the New Year. Don't worry he hasn't forgotten anything.;)

Well, I think we have a few members in Germany, Netherlands and maybe Belgium itself…I think if all the watch staff is busy, someone from the members could rise up the occasion (if they're interested)…Like Fluent for example (among others) did with a lot of articles in the recent past.

Joxer, the idea is that I'm sure we've had new members since then and we also have a lot of 'non core' members who show up now and then as well as people that probably stumble upon us randomly.

Since we supported this project I think if we can give it some more media visibility, that'd be good I think. Besides it would fit well within the Watch ''mission'' or whatever you would call that. Posting news and previews about RPGs is a big part of what the watch is about :p.

Oh and Nut, I spoke through PM with Myrthos, he has contacted them multiple times but doesn't have the information yet. He definitely hasn't forgotten ;)

Alrik could talk to them. He's been in their games since the beginning. I think Alrik was an imp in the first game, iirc.

No, I was a knight. ;)

However, they would have to invite me. I'm not going to disturb their development without order. ;)

I think that Myrthos - if he has the time - is much, much closer to them. ;)
So, I strongly believe that if someone could make it, it should be him. ;)

However, there are a few more people living in and around Belgium as well.

Myrthos is busy with his real life right now. He should be back regularly after the New Year. Don't worry he hasn't forgotten anything.;)

Good, good. :)

Alrik (and whoever else could be interested), I doubt you'd be bothering anyone if you emailed Larian or Swen about this. They want publicity and visibility for their game :) Heck. I can always ask them for you on twitter if you like, though I don't know them and they don't know me :p

Just as an example here's the conversation on Twitter. Swen actually asks ''weresheeps'' if they're interested in giving the game a spin and then asks the Codex :)

Swen Vincke ‏@LarAtLarian 9 Dec
Any weresheep out there who want to give Divinity:Original Sin a spin in our offices this week?

Felipe Pepe ‏@felipepepe 9 Dec
@LarAtLarian Can I do it remotely, here in Brazil? :3

Felipe Pepe ‏@felipepepe 9 Dec
But seriously Swen, how about inviting the Codex's Gragt again?

Swen Vincke ‏@LarAtLarian 23h
@felipepepe @dphanto Oh, he's more than welcome - actually, @rpgcodex Any volunteers ?

Felipe Pepe ‏@felipepepe 23h
@LarAtLarian @dphanto @RpgCodex We have one, called Volrath. He just sent you guys a e-mail; ;)

Swen Vincke ‏@LarAtLarian 23h
@felipepepe @dphanto @rpgcodex He just got a reply - I think we'll let him decide when the alpha goes out ;)

Galaad, that chatty convinced me. Why would Watch be inferior to Codex? Yes, we need Alpha preview and we need it now! :D
If only I could travel... :(

Galaad, that chatty convinced me. Why would Watch be inferior to Codex? Yes, we need Alpha preview and we need it now! :D
If only I could travel… :(

I second this motion, Watch need to do preview before the codex scum get their dirty old hand on the game :)

Arhu is fairly close too, as I recall. I'm not sure how big of a deal it is to cross borders in Europe though. I'd have to drive over 1000 miles to get to a border from where I live, so it doesn't come into the picture for me…hmmm how far if I drive north……Aha! Only 558 miles if I drive north. Anybody from Europe closer than 558 miles/900 km from Belgium?

I can speak Belch-ish, is that close enough :p

I speak French if you want to send me ;).

From my experience, you simply just cross it. Nothing fancy like Mexico/US or even Canada/US…

But I dont travel to Europe very often tbh. Last time was Ireland / Northern Ireland and back in 2000 I crossed from Netherlands to Belgium and you couldn't really tell you had crossed a border outside of signs changing and stuff…

If my memory serves when we crossed toward Antwerp the only thing I saw was a bunch of windmill/wind turbine and a blue and white sign saying Belgie.

I can get on the train in UK and will be in Belgium in few hours without much border checks etc. However I am not sure if they will have me or not even though I backed them on KS :)

Just show up and surprise them!

Well, assuming someone from the Watch or yourself email or tweet them about it first. I would be surprised that they wouldn't accept.

Swen Vincke ‏@LarAtLarian 9 Dec
Any weresheep out there who want to give Divinity:Original Sin a spin in our offices this week?

I mean, Swen is the boss and the boss offered the weresheep (D:OS backers) if they wanted to give the game a try. So I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to and besides if you were to write an interview/preview for the Watch you'd have yet another reason. We along with codex helped their campaign quite a bit.

Yeah, we have open borders here. I live in Belgium, about an hour and a half from Ghent, where their HQ is.

I'd love to volunteer, but I have little to no opportunity to actually head over.

I don't have too much money for a trip there and back, that's why I wrote what I wrote above.

Borders are open, yes, but travelling as such still costs money. ;)

Not to mention booking a hotel or so. ;)

Back
Top Bottom