After Reset - Money and a Patch

Yeah, I knew something was up by the way Kevin Spacey was looking at me. :p
I enjoyed a few of his movies, but yeah nowadays his reputation is tarnished.

Fun Fact my first name is Kevin……

Kevin-Spacey-House-of-Cards-e1509894512564.png

home-alone.jpg

I had a bad feeling from the start and didn't want to give any money to it.

I backed this one too.
Seems it'll be the second disappointment in my case (the first one was Earthlock).

But yes, with many others I backed turned out great, one has to step on a turd sometimes. Or, in my case, two. :)

I still can't believe he had the balls to call it Richard Nixon's After Reset, before disappearing with the money. :biggrin:

I didn't hear about this game at the time, but I wouldn't of backed it because of one major red flag - He keeps talking about how it's a combination of Fallout, Baldurs Gate, and Planescape.

As far as I'm concerned, those games have vastly different design goals and are incompatible with each other. Pathfinder: Kingmaker lists the same inspirations, which is one of the reasons I didn't back that game.

I'll play a Fallout clone, a Baldurs Gate clone, and even a Planescape clone, but I wont play Fallout Gate: Torment.

That was the least of it. The whole thing was absurd, and the guy was a modder (with a reputation for being a dick) from some other forums. Not even a developer. Just lots of paintings, promises, and an amateurish tech demo of an empty level he is still selling for $50 on Steam Early Access. I find it astonishing what some people get away with, and it's stunts like this that make it much harder for honest devs to get proper funding today.

His pitch sounds like a snake oil salesmen, but I wouldn't of picked up on it at the time. My first instinct would of been to think he was just being overly ambitious.

Nowadays, there have been enough scams on kickstarter that most people know better.

What, he posted on codex too?
You should have said that before I pledged. :D

I just learned about Nixon's new Kickstarter called Encased. This guy owns me 250 dollars for the After Reset scam. And now he is making a new game???

I just learned about Nixon's new Kickstarter called Encased. This guy owns me 250 dollars for the After Reset scam. And now he is making a new game???
Proof that he is working on Encaced? As that devolper is called Dark Crystal Games.

Nixon's second game was called Daedalus. It failed to get funded.

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackcloudstudios/daedalus?ref=profile_created

Never-mind you answered on the other thread he is one of the team members.

Wait... He took the money and run to another project or not?

I see no proof there, only speculation.

I see no proof there, only speculation.
You don't need proof about Nixon's past projects as he scammed everyone on After Reset. As for Encased I'm waiting for a reply from the developer. So it's a waiting game.

You don't need proof about Nixon's past projects as he scammed everyone on After Reset.
True.
But I don't see a link to Encased. (Besides at least on guy being involved in both projects.)

True.
But I don't see a link to Encased. (Besides at least on guy being involved in both projects.)
Agreed I hope it's not true as I was starting to get interested in that game.

I still don't think After Reset was a scam, just a proof that wanting to make something is not the same thing as having the ability to. A scam would be someone taking money without the intent to make anything, and I've never gotten that vibe from After Reset. Just the feeling that he got in way over his head.

I still don't think After Reset was a scam, just a proof that wanting to make something is not the same thing as having the ability to. A scam would be someone taking money without the intent to make anything, and I've never gotten that vibe from After Reset. Just the feeling that he got in way over his head.
Maybe but it's just a glorified tech demo years later with little content, and he has no intention of ever finishing it. It didn't help he decided he had to use only 4k textures.

It's also still selling on steam for money.<_<

Look I get your money is basically gone when you back a game cause the terms of service protect the developer, but they should be hold accountable with their games.

Back
Top Bottom