Skyrim Anticipating Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
What's happening in Skyrim is a very minor reboot of sort but I was thinking something huge. World as we know it will change. The main antagonist of Skyrim is supposed to be Aludin who is a world eater/destroyer. So I was thinking why not use this as an excuse to start over in a big way.

I don't think they are going to set future games in Akavir but don't rule Akavir in Skyrim. I am not big on TES lore but as far as I understand Dragons are originally from Akavir but they died out. However some cat person from Akavir managed to become a Dragon and others from his race were also trying to become Dragons too. May be they succeed and now they are invading Tamriel. Also books in previous games talked about Akavir always trying to invade Tamriel. Just a guess anyway :)

Apparently we are going to get all know and seeing guards. If you commit a crime, they will ALL know about it. Apparently its confusing game play mechanic for guard at one gate know about a crime and guard at another gate not know about it! This is contrary to what they said below which is crimes are limited to the city.

However they will tag all the witness to the crime and if you eliminate the witness then the crime is forgotten.

Starts around 48:00

http://mixlr.com/bulletproofradio/episode-148-bulletproof-dragon-slayer

All of them are miles better than anything found in Morrowind or Oblivion. However Argonians looks lot better than the others! I might even play one this time around :)

Apparently we are going to get all know and seeing guards.

They should have them go "HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT!...HALT!" ;)

Long time players of the series will remember that.

I followed Fable since it was called Project Ego. Spent hours reading articles about it over and over. What really got me pumped was how they said the environment would age over time with your character -- you could watch vegetation and the like go from nothing to fully flowering, stuff like that. Was so hyped. Then on release day I got it home and was really underwhelmed. It wasn't a bad game, but not at all like the product that was promised. That was one of my first major gaming disappointments and I've since learned to be more guarded.

After playing Morrowind a million times, Oblivion was a day-one purchase for me. Thankfully I wasn't at all disappointed, and lost more than 100 hours of my life to it once it first dropped. To make sure I don't have other incidents like my Fable one, I try to limit my exposure to pre-release information. I like to know very basic details and leave it at that. If I spent a ton of time drooling over the potential of the game I know I'll walk away disappointed.

I'm eagerly anticipating Skyrim, in addition to Dead Island (the melee-focused zombie outbreak RPG) and a couple other games that aren't RPGs such as Saints Row the Third (I'm a sucker for wanton destruction and silliness).

Ah someone already posted the presets. Yeah the argonians have received some definate love by the designers. I might actually play one this time around.

As for the guards - one of the journalists who got to play it for an hour mentioned that their crime in one city was not reported to another.

Last edited:
Looking more carefully at the presets, they used tattoos and faces shapes from Morrowind (well at least inspired by it).

Ah someone already posted the presets. Yeah the argonians have received some definate love by the designers. I might actually play one this time around.

As for the guards - one of the journalists who got to play it for an hour mentioned that their crime in one city was not reported to another.

Aye but the pod-cast I linked above was recorded yesterday I think. I blame these so-called journalists for the change since they must have complained that they wanted all knowing guards :)

However I like the new change that if you kill all the witness then your crime goes way. This can leads to some interesting situations!

Aye but the pod-cast I linked above was recorded yesterday I think. I blame these so-called journalists for the change since they must have complained that they wanted all knowing guards :)

However I like the new change that if you kill all the witness then your crime goes way. This can leads to some interesting situations!

Yeah I heard the podcast - they aren't saying they got rid of the regional guards. The example he used described guards across a single city. The regional guards thing sounds more like its handled by factions.

Also the podcast confirmed the dark brotherhood; think that was already a given but its comforting to hear.

Saw 2 huge advertisement posters today, near to the Games Com trade fair area … Didn't have a camera with me … These advertisements are espcially rare for games here …

Saw 2 huge advertisement posters today, near to the Games Com trade fair area … Didn't have a camera with me … These advertisements are espcially rare for games here …

Was it this big? :p

skyrim-advert-1024x768.jpg

I'll admit that I find all the presets pretty ugly. I don't want or need grit in my hero. I would assume he'd wash up for his "portrait", and these guys all look like thieves who have lived in the sewers. As long as I have an option for cleaning up for my character, I'll be okay with it though. I would like to see somebody try to make some beautiful characters with the tool though, rather than these ugly presets. Otherwise, we'll have to wait for Rhedd, again, to make nice-looking characters.

and these guys all look like thieves who have lived in the sewers.

They are all prisoners in prison rags, the look kind of fit them...

I agree with that, Azarhal, but I'm only going to be a prisoner for a few minutes. I'm not sure that we can change our look after leaving the prison and I don't want to look like a dirtbag.

Nope, this was the hotel across from the E3 :)

wow thats pretty impressive poster. They must be spending few quids on the adverts then.

Having said that they also had big poster for Morrowind in cinema back in the day…

They should have them go "HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT!…HALT!" ;)

Long time players of the series will remember that.

Hahaha, indeed. Omniscient guards. Sounds like modders will have to do their thing again?

I always enjoyed hearing "We're watching you…scuuum!" from the husky sounding Ordinators in Vivec.

Also: Moment of awe inserted here for the sake of appreciating the advert's sheer size.

Back
Top Bottom