Skyrim Anticipating Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
#8 sounds especially good to me.

I've always loved underwater exploration in RPGs, but previous TES games were somewhat disappointing in regards to underwater content.

I loved underwater exploration in Morrowind. I must have cleaned the whole island of pearls. ;) It's too bad underwater exploration in Oblivion was so poor in comparison. It was a BIG letdown for me...

I hope there is a swimming skill and waterbreathing spell. :)

I see this argument over and over again, and the more it is repeated, the less I believe in it.

I don't remember hving seen *real* examples of bullet-proof reasoning explaining these different prices to me.

You want bullet-proof reasoning for how the economy work? As you government about how they taxes importations from outside of the EU.

I loved underwater exploration in Morrowind. I must have cleaned the whole island of pearls. ;) It's too bad underwater exploration in Oblivion was so poor in comparison. It was a BIG letdown for me…

Likewise Morrowind was a letdown for me in that area - Daggerfall had some fantastic underwater areas.

I loved underwater exploration in Morrowind. I must have cleaned the whole island of pearls. ;) It's too bad underwater exploration in Oblivion was so poor in comparison. It was a BIG letdown for me…

I agree that the exploration aspect was ok, but I thought the underwater parts in Morrowind were sorely lacking in general. There was basically no sea-life whatsoever.. just Slaughterfish and Drueghs.

Never played far enough in Oblivion to do much underwater exploring, but I guess I wasn't missing much...

Yeah, I just like checking out the topography more than anything else. Some of the grottos were quite labyrinthine. And some had little stories'/quests associated with them. And, of course, the underwater Deadric temple.

First i'd like to say this is a matter of personal taste, I really don't have much anticipation for this game. After viewing over 200 screens, to me this looks like an updated Oblivion with some improvements on City and Ruins design but the general landscaping looks like the same rolling vistas found in Oblivion. I'm sure many like that particular layout but ive never been a fan of Gameworlds that in my perspective lack diversity.

I Guess i'm just Spoiled by PB games that create such great anticipation for whats around the next corner and i Felt DKS pulled this off pretty well too. I was really Hoping they would shoot for a more diverse world like they did in Morrowwind, but i guess that will have to remain a wish. I will definately buy and play Skyrim since i play just about any RPG that comes out (limited supply these days) but it's just not on my most anticipated list. After playing G1 every new Gothic game i salivated over until it's release and when word came out they were going to Make Risen the salivating continued. Currently i am chomping at the bit to get my hands on Risen 2 and am looking forward to KOA as well. Skyrim is third on my list.

Nice…

The visuals are looking great, and the animations in particular seem improved from Oblivion.

I still have some concerns though. I like how you can perform sneak attacks with a bow while stealthed, but I'm not impressed with the NPC reactions, or lack thereof. At the beginning of the second vid, he kills an NPC while stealthed, and the NPC's companion just stands there and does nothing.

Also, what's up with the Morrowind music? (3rd video) I wonder if they were just using that track as a temporary placeholder, or if it's actually going to be re-used in Skyrim.

Impressive, the first bush and then the trees where looking like real, liked also how he fought and finished the foe using the feet also and camera turning like in fallout
Second one noticed how was affecting the lightning spell and I liked it and I have no doubt there will be new version of executing of the fan guy from Oblivion,although double spells in hands reminded me the issue in fable 3 and hopefully won't be overpowered in Skyrim.
Well in the third this particular track from Morrowind was looking like it was fitting that particular event of giants herding the mammoths. Overall looks very nice.

I agree that the exploration aspect was ok, but I thought the underwater parts in Morrowind were sorely lacking in general. There was basically no sea-life whatsoever.. just Slaughterfish and Drueghs.

Not anymore :)

Water life mod

or

Fishing Academy

I can't really recall which one I used, but I do know that the seas are full of life now and quite stunning. Who needs Skyrim when Morrowind has been modded to almost perfection?

Thanks, skavenhorde. I plan on doing a replay of Morrowind this coming winter, and I'll definitely give those mods a look. I know I'm going to be using the MGSO mod, so hopefully they're compatible with that.

I was more excited about Skyrim early on. But the more video footage I see, the more it reminds me of Oblivion which is not a good thing. Graphically it looks good, but it doesn't look as improved as the first few images and videos on this latest footage. Or maybe it's just me. And the stiff movement in combat hasn't changed too much from Oblivion either, such as the way enemies attack.

I too get the same feeling with the latest sneaked videos. At least the town didn't need an area transition (at least the one in the video). Still seemed awful small.

Apparently you can be a werewolf in Skyrim.....

Why people make a big deal out of being vampire or werewolf? It can't be the Twilight effect since they gone on about this even back in Oblivion

Apparently you can be a werewolf in Skyrim…..

Why people make a big deal out of being vampire or werewolf? It can't be the Twilight effect since they gone on about this even back in Oblivion

Actually, it goes was back to Daggerfall where you could become a vampire, werewolf or wereboar. Morrowind had vampires and vampire clans. Also, the Bbloodmoon expac was all about werewolves.

Oblivion only allowed you to become a vampire.

Back
Top Bottom