Bloodborne Steam Leak?

It's interesting that Forbidden West PC was part of that Nvidia leak a couple of years ago. Most of the games revealed during that leak got PC releases, so it turned out to be fairly accurate.

The Demon's Souls remake was also on that list, so I hope that eventually makes it to PC as well. Unfortunately, there was no mention of Bloodborne or The Last of Us Part 2 and still no recent news about either of them.
I assume Last of Us 1 wasn't either. I wonder how when that list was made vs their plans to even remake Last of Us 1. That could explain why it's not on the list, if it is not on the list.
But Bloodborne's missing from the list has been known for a long time. I'm afraid for whatever reason, there's little to no chance of ever seeing Bloodborne on PC.

Some people are speculating it might be because of porting issues to PC? Though I'm not sure what to make of those rumors since the game was developed for PS4 (which is basically has x86 architecture processor; so it should be fairly close to a pc).

Then some other rumors are saying the code base is probably a mess and hard to port over. But I hear FromSoft used the same codebase for Dark Souls 3 and then later on for Elden Ring. Though again, I'm not sure how much of that can be true.
Considering FromSoft developed Bloodborne for Sony, you'd think Sony has ownership of the codebase. Or maybe they were strong enough in negotiations with Sony to force them to use their own engine, which Sony has no rights to? That would be insane.
I would imagine that Sony would at least license that codebase in the state it was when development was done; and maybe FromSoft forked that codebase over which they have their own ownership?

I don't know. But it's a sad thing if we're never gonna get BB on pc. Even just for game preservation reasons.

Some people are speculating it might be because of porting issues to PC? Though I'm not sure what to make of those rumors since the game was developed for PS4 (which is basically has x86 architecture processor; so it should be fairly close to a pc).
Yeah, I can't see that being the reason. DS3 was developed for PS4, and they ported that to PC just fine. I can only guess that maybe they just don't think Bloodborne would be a big seller on PC for some reason.

It could be the same thing for TLoU2. That game got review-bombed hard by players, so that might have scared Naughty Dog off from doing a PC port.

Yeah, I can't see that being the reason. DS3 was developed for PS4, and they ported that to PC just fine. I can only guess that maybe they just don't think Bloodborne would be a big seller on PC for some reason.

It could be the same thing for TLoU2. That game got review-bombed hard by players, so that might have scared Naughty Dog off from doing a PC port.
I'm almost certain TloU2 will be coming to pc, as soon as they have the "definitive edition" for consoles as well. Especially with the success of the tv series that will tackle part 2 of the game.

I'm almost certain TloU2 will be coming to pc, as soon as they have the "definitive edition" for consoles as well. Especially with the success of the tv series that will tackle part 2 of the game.
I'm not as optimistic as you are, but I hope you're right.

It's almost 4 years old at this point, and any kind of definitive edition normally would have already been released by now. It could be that they're waiting for season 2 of the show, but that hasn't even started production yet.

Haven't played The Last if Us as the PC was a broken mess on release. Not interested in the sequel, and after all the various changes not interested in the Horizon sequel.

Glad others find enjoyment though. Now bring the next Spiderman game.

image.png

There's been a huge Insomnia/Sony leak and apparently some of the information is sales numbers for a lot of their first party games.
Motherfuckers, Bloodborne sold 7.5 million copies. And they're still not bringing it to PC. Fuckers.

I guess it kind of also explains why they never greenlit a sequel to Days Gone. It sold close to Bloodborne numbers. Fuckin sony.

It's the same logic Square Enix used when Deus Ex sold the same, and was labeled as underperforming. Apparently games need to sell 10+ million to be profitable.:uhoh:

There's been a huge Insomnia/Sony leak and apparently some of the information is sales numbers for a lot of their first party games.
Motherfuckers, Bloodborne sold 7.5 million copies. And they're still not bringing it to PC. Fuckers.

I guess it kind of also explains why they never greenlit a sequel to Days Gone. It sold close to Bloodborne numbers. Fuckin sony.
Not much chance to ever see the remake of Demon's Souls on PC either, if they decide that based on the number of units.

Apparently games need to sell 10+ million to be profitable.:uhoh:
But does it count also for ports? Most of the work has already been done. Besides, wouldn't PC sales be higher, since there are more players in that part of the market? But I think the other important argument is keeping some exclusivity for their consoles. It must be a difficult balance to achieve.

Many games on that list that leaked 2 years ago have been ported, so there's still some hope.

Maybe but Sony claimed Days Gone wasn't profitable with the console release, but ended up selling more with the PC port. Frankly their business descions baffle me.

Now this leak suggests it sold very well with total sales, yet still not profitable.:unsure:

Ghost of Tsushima was excellent imo. Really fun combat, great story, setting and exploration. Only negative and it wasn’t much of one was the collectibles and the repetitive tasks to acquire them. However if you don’t car about 100% achievements then you can largely skip them. Highly recommended to any ARPG fans.

Nice. It's not one that I have much interest in personally, but more ports of exclusives is always a good thing.

Did you play it on PS4/PS5?
I tried it for 1h, but I wasn't in the mood. I also can't play these large open world games on console. Not sure why.
Could be that I've had the tv I was playing on at the foot of my bed, and I remember some combination of the camera being quite pulled back during combat and me staying at the other end of the bed.
What's clear is that it didn't really grab me. But I will want to try it again, since I keep hearing people raving about it.

Now that it'll be under 1m from my ultrawide, it should be nicer. I never understood how people can play games from their couch or bed.
Only with the most relaxed non-combative ones could I do that. For the rest I need to be upright and focused.

Back
Top Bottom