Bottom 10 CRPGs Of All Time

Nah, there was no Big Bang, but I did try telling Adam, " Don't eat that apple", but would he listen to me? No, he listened to a woman instead (could have been Cm ) and the history of mankind went downhill from there!! :)

I don't know, there wouldn't be a mankind, had they listened, or would there? Still just those two, wondering if they shouldn't get one of those apples after all... But you tell me, you were there all along :)

@GhanBuriGhan: He just suffered a severe concussion along with the busted eardrums. He's been delusional ever since :p.

Well Corvin, since you were there...Maybe you can asnwer a question which bovered me since I was a boy: with whom exactly did Adam and Eve's children did all the begetting to kickstart the human race? :)

Hehe, I originally wrote:
Not only does Corwin know the answer to that question, he IS the answer.

However, I deleted my post figuring it might not be wise to make any accusations towards the only man that has seen the beginning of time, and knows the answer to the secrets of the universe.

No particular order:
Icewind dale II (bored me till death after a few minutes)
Balders gate (tried so hard too like it but never got in to it)
Diablo2 (I almost finished D1 but got my new rig and I couldn't played it but i had fun(was my first rpg).D2: never got to me always quit because i got bored, never got further than beginning act 3)
Dungeon siege( was fun but the pathfinding of your team was uwfull, and well were real difficult parts in the game and then the end boss (the easiest I ever encountered)

I have to agree with you on Dungeon Seige, titus--don't know how I missed that off my list. I got terminally bored with that one before I got to the end boss, but I'll never forget a stupid fight in a swamp map where the pathfinding made the combat almost impossible. I kind of like some parts of Dungeon Seige II, but also can never finish it.

I never tried the second one,just the demo, and I didn't liked it, reminded me a lot of the odl game. Besides by then I was already spoiled with G1 and G2 hehehe

I kind of like some parts of Dungeon Seige II, but also can never finish it.
The second one was much better, but the expansion was just as bad as the first Dungeon Siege ...

The second one was much better, but the expansion was just as bad as the first Dungeon Siege ...

Yep--unfortunately I only found that out after I bought it--which removed all incentive to finish DS2.

I need to read ANY reviews!!! --especially yours--before buying. This was an impulse "lord this is cheap" type buy, but sadly still a total waste. :)

Well, I'm working my way thru DS2 in order to play the expansion pack right now. I did the 3 rounds of the base game a couple years ago and had a good time, but my crew didn't roll into the expansion properly and I moved on to other games since I was too burned out to fight it. I just got to Amanlu last night, so it will be a couple weeks before I get to give the expansion another go.

OK, so he added more dialogue and story to DS2 but didn't actually add any game! DS2 was like KotOR2 in that respect only ther ewas a much longer wait between games. DS graphics were considered pretty spectacular for an RPG at the time and ther ewas a push by NWN modders to steal the graphics and port them over until it quashed by the authorities.

But like you I played the demo and was greatly disappointed. I think with DS1 he planned to do a story but decided to cancel it when the mechanics ran so smoothly. At least Blizzard was smart enough to know that too much handholding ruins the experience for the player and overhauled their AI for Warcraft III.

I think Lazarus shows what could have been done with DS. Pity it wasn't!!

Here's a short list, mostly with my disappointments... (Not in Order)
1.Oblivion (pre-mod), Horrible, errors everywhere, I became a vampire and got stuck because I did the main quest first, but it's become fun and addictive because of the mods, which basically beautified it (see Deadly Reflex for combat, Midas Magic for Magic [duh], FranMMMOOO for your sandbox remake and many other mods)
2.Dungeon Siege - UGH! It left a bitter taste...
3.Fable, I didn't hate it, it just failed to meet its expectations, was way to short, made me want more but didn't deliver, and wasn't moddable
4.Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - Actually quite good, until I found out it was 10 minutes long (thats how short it felt), and that it wasn't open a free roaming one.
5.NWN OC - Need I say anything?
6.Beyond Divinity - Divine was good. Beyond, failed to follow.
7.MM9 - Lousy, and failed to live up to the series beauty and glory
8.Fallout 2 - Disappointing, it destroyed the fun times I had with the first game... (Hopefully Bethesda can do good on 3)
9.Diablo 1 - While I did have fun with 2 (my friends and I had great times before we quit out of sheer boredom), 1 was disturbing, not scary, but disturbingly horrible... You've got your Warrior, Wizzard, and Rogue... Non stood out, and it was hacked so quickly that a level 1 character could knock out a level 30 with one punch.
10.Morrowind - Beautiful, until the empty shell phase... Its mods did the same thing that Oblivion's did to me, it kept me hooked, but Oblivion took over when I started getting the good mods...

Mostly just flaws that destroyed some series, I'm looking forward to Fable 2, and Fallout 3, but being cautious not to get to excited and be disappointed.

Good list, Loki Hades. I never played the hacks for Diablo(1) so for me as a rogue it was the opposite--so overwhelmingly hard I gave up somewhere on level five of the underground catacombs, where those annoying little bat things continually one-shotted me. Diablo2 was a lot more varied and still difficult, esp at Hell level, but with the right build you could succeed. But in the end, the game does burn out. :)
Welcome to the forums, btw. :)

Back
Top Bottom