Coronavirus (No Politics)

My very small Android phone and basic cable in a hotel room . That's it. I lost everything in the fire.

You can get a decent laptop for $300, not a blazing gaming one but it's better than a phone.

I'm not in your shoes though. Is $300 real money? The reason I ask this is because we have a place called EPC in Maryland Heights that has junker laptops really cheap. Let me see if I can find a link.

http://deals.epcusa.com/curbside?cat=16&dir=asc&order=price&price=200-300

You need a pc during this stupid virus thing.

Last edited:
Just great now we have a meat shortage due to many plants closing and idiot shoppers hoarding meat. It just never ends I tell ya. Maybe I should take up hunting? Or better yet go start a farm to raise and grow my own food.

The answer is in your username.

(but not in mine)

Just great now we have a meat shortage due to many plants closing and idiot shoppers hoarding meat. It just never ends I tell ya. Maybe I should take up hunting? Or better yet go start a farm to raise and grow my own food.

Just to clarify ... there IS NOT A MEAT SHORTAGE.

Due to the fact that literally THOUSANDS of meat processing workers have become infected with COVID-19, many facilities made the smart and correct choice to either decrease production or temporarily shut down. You ARE correct that some people are doing the 'TP Dance' with meat now, creating a false sense of scarcity on top of the already spotty restocking in general.

I like this quote:
“What the plant closures create is somewhat of an hourglass effect with plenty of supply in the bottom part and plenty of demand in the top part with the reduced processing capacity creating a bottleneck,”

I very much worry about how many people will need to die to assuage the false fears.

Excalty the media isn't helping either. This whole pandemic is showing how frail the supply is, and how those in power don't care. Anyway to families like mine their is a shortage no other way to call it

This will probably lead to political discussions so I'll end it here.

Excalty the media isn't helping either. This whole pandemic is showing how frail the supply is, and how those in power don't care. Anyway to families like mine their is a shortage no other way to call it

Exactly and sorry for imprecise wording - that is what I meant by the 'hourglass quote'. There is plenty of meat, but diminished processing and panic buying means less on shelves for those who actually need it.

I read an article on one of my engineering blogs stating "we built the supply chain we wanted, but not the one we needed". It was a non-partisan look at things (that left some obvious implications unstated) and was very informative.

Anyone planning any trips when this horrible business is over with?

I like gathering photo references to get ideas, and I came across Škocjan Caves, known as the underground Grand Canyon.

6862219905_330ae181cd_o.jpg

DSC_0313.JPG

F008791-park_skocjanske_jame_jost_gantar_5_orig_jpg-photo-s-678x381.jpg

And, just up the road from there, Predjama Castle.

slovenia-predjama-castle-2.jpg

So, I'm planning a little quest to Slovenia once we return to life.

I've only been to Ljubljana and Bled in the past. Those caves look awesome though.

I would love to see the actual Grand Canyon. It supposed to be so big it messes with your brain and makes you lose your visual sense of distance.

I would love to see the actual Grand Canyon. It supposed to be so big it messes with your brain and makes you lose your visual sense of distance.

My wife and I are starting taking our ‘empty nest’ vacations to places we’ve never done together ... and last May we did a bunch of northern Arizona including the Grand Canyon. We took hundreds of pictures, exactly zero of which captured what it felt like. Oh, and we got caught in a hail storm! :D

I had a cat that got killed by an hail storm.
I'm not a fan of those (neither is my ex-cat).

Oh that is so awful! :(

Ours was just a ‘mildly painful’ storm that we were dressed to handle. So sorry for your loss of cat!

Greetiings from pibbur and his cat, Ruscë.
Hi Ruscë! :D

Is Ruscë a red head (or blond)?
(I'm "studying" Scandinavian history and Rus was the name given to the Varangians by the Slavs, because of the color of their hair.)

Back
Top Bottom