Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 Trailer

As in my humble opinion the games are a lot more enjoyable then reading the books.

I liked the first two episodic ones. Otherwise, I enjoyed his Hussite Trilogy more.

And well, he basically has no clue about computer games, so its good they didnt involve him to much into that.

No, you actually keep repeating the same, without realizing people there are reasons for it and people, including the creator of PnP, who don't agree with you. Chill out and move on.

I keep repeating the same because you clearly don't get what I'm trying to explain. A weather system isn't going to change an artistic aesthetic choice.

I'm actually interested in talking about Cyberpunk 2077 and 2020, but looks like this is not the forums to do so.

The good news is more info will shared soon. So get ready.:)

The good news is more info will shared soon. So get ready.:)

yup, 3 live "interviews" today and they are starting the closed door booth presentations so previews/impressions will starting coming probably later today.

9PM CEST / 12PM PST – GameSpot Live
11PM CEST / 2PM PST – IGN Live
2:30AM CEST / 5:30PM PST – E3 Coliseum Live

and I expect the E3 Coliseum to have something special.

They better do as I'll ignore gamespot and ign crap.

I'll wait for the reports here. That special combination of geeky hype and corporate bullshit you get at these shows makes me want to throw things.

You asked for reports Ripper…

Confirmed to be in first person mostly. Driving support 3rd and 1st and cutscenes are in 3rd (??? I'm not sure about that last one).

Andrew Reiner: Cyberpunk 2077 is like Rockstar levels of open-world craziness. Beautiful, detailed, choice everywhere. Gunplay is wicked. Can run on walls, plant into them with blades, drop onto foes, slice their heads off. Slow time, use mods to control bots. Wow. Wow. Wow.

They kept stuff related only to the techies, solo and netrunners roles. Since seeing the "hired gun" description for V and the trailer I wasn't expecting anything else but solo and netrunners. I'm actually surprised to see techie. Going by the description on Gamespot, I suspect it will be kinda similar to TW3/TW2 character building with the 3 skill line you can mismatch. The rest of the roles are for NPCs/lore.

Images of booklet given to attendees. It suggest they plan on having some sort of lifepath (background story generator).

More first gameplay details.

Interesting, thanks. Sounds like the gameplay is perhaps more like Dishonored than what they've done before.

Love all the negativity about it being a first-person shooter.
"To all of you asking - you’ll have many opportunities to see your character. It’s going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS."
Anway the game has all types of weapons and guns so what did people expect? I always play Fallout & Elder Scroll games in this perspective so it does not bother me.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 format/vibes with a lot of conversations, choices on how you do things (combat, stealth, persusasion, hacking, intimidation).
Alternative timeline: this future developed from the 1980s, not our own timeline, and Cyberpunk 2020 and the all the existing lore remains intact. Characters from the existing Cyberpunk products will appear, but they're a bit coy about how (as the video game is set 57 years after the P&P RPG).
You can take people down through stealth attacks.
Full day/night cycle and variable weather conditions.
Six distinct regions of the city. Very rich high-end areas and a massive, near-lawless region called Pacifica.
The game will let you enter lots of buildings.
Along with normal areas, the game has several "megatowers", which are basically Judge Dredd blocs complete with their own ecosystems, factions and shops.
Massive verticality to the game.
EXP is divided into two strands: normal EXP is accrued from completing the main quests. Street EXP or street cred is mostly gained from side-missions. As it increases, your rep on the street goes up and you start opening up new vendors. I imagine this all impacts on quests, how likely you are to get attacked etc.
CDPR emphasise that this is a roleplaying game with shooter elements, not an action game. Choice and narrative consequence is the game's #1 emphasis.
Your character is called "Vee" but you can define their gender, backstory and abilities. There are both male and female voice options for the character.
There are perks, skills and cyberware in the game that define your abilities. There are template classes you can use for guidance, but not hard-set classes.
The main story is noir-influenced with an emphasis on the inequality between the streets and the rich people living in the towers above.
Smart weapons which missiles and bullets.
Drivable cars and motorcycles, and some other vehicles but they're holding off on those for now.

Not sure how I feel about all this. Guess I have to wait for it to "settle down".

Primarily First Person? Why? It's a stupid design decision for a game that emphasizes Style&Customization.

The rest seem really great and massive improvement over Witcher, except for, damn shame, how roles will work. I was hoping for narratives a-la-you-can-only-join-one-faction, this was the only way to pull off something like being a rockerboy. Like in Gothic, but more focused "inwardly" on player characterization than becoming "Guildmaster" or advancing main story. Crazy difficult and time consuming to pull off, though.
Seems they're using compass and game is far less "UI heavy". Except during combat ( hopefully something to disable).
Enemies don't seem sponges, armor is very relevant.

Some new screenshots:

ofIGPxe.jpg

V2U9xtn.jpg

TPXxDpD.jpg

tDccjQ7.jpg

0zDXgfN.jpg

ZwXorFR.jpg

And I've noticed there is a very different reaction from some people to CDPR and their games ( and same goes for Bethesda fans), pre and post Witcher III.
( Just check thread on about it on bsn forums)

Could you give me a couple of links to the most interesting ones Bobo?

Some demo impressions:
The demo has a ton to download and process, but it’s an impressively detailed open world. Like an insane level of depth at every level
City looks crazy with massive crowds and strong 80's inspired Cyberpunk vibe.

Seeing high tech shotguns and assault rifles, along with a bunch of other powers. Hacking enemies, hanging from walls and pouncing from above with melee attacks.

You are V. Can play as male or female, and you choose your past and it affects your story.

Ton of filth and neon ( for azarhal :p).

Dialogue seems to play in both first and third person, so a bit different than the Witcher.

Characters seem very interesting, very mature writing, definitely Rated M.

Back
Top Bottom