Cyberpunk 2077 - In-Game Teaser Clip

CouchPotato, you seem to be a heavy poster regarding all things CP2077-related. Can you (or other members, should they know) answer my questions:

1) Can we enter and explore the various buildings/houses that aren't necessarily related to the main quest/side quests? Have any of these videos shown this in any way?

2) Does the game encourage us to get off the beaten path so we can fnd any kind of "treasure" (money, gear, or anything else)?

My non-CP 2 cents:

1) Think of a game like Fallout 4. There are many inaccessible buildings, and many others that are accessible and not directly related to quests.

I'm confident in saying that not only would it be impossible to make every building accessible and still make it a crowded city, but it would also be entirely undesirable from a play standpoint. You would necessarily spend a lot of time rummaging through non-bespoke content and boring your own pants off.

I do believe there will be places to go that you choose to go to, not because a mission told you to go there. Just not everywhere. The developers mentioned, for example, multi-floor buildings like the one V's apartment is in in the 2018 gameplay video where there are various encounters and quests to find organically as you explore it.

2) It almost sounds like you're asking if there are treasure hunts ala Witcher 3. That wouldn't make sense in this setting. You're not going to find shit just lying around or in chests or anything of that sort of this in a futuristic urban setting.

There will be money and gear (and money to buy gear) to EARN from things off the beaten path. That's the whole purpose of the so-called street stories, for example, which are obtained from fixers. The parallel there would be monster hunts. V doing his/her job and earing pay and street cred. That stuff isn't critical path, though it might intersect with it in various ways.

Whether or not you can simply find loot like you do in Deus Ex games, I don't know. Probably to some extent. If you're clearing out a gang hideout, there are bound to be weapons and such around. Though as I understand it, earning street cred allows you to obtain better gear, so it wouldn't make much sense to be able to circumvent that requirement by just looting it off dead people. I'm not sure how that balance will work.

Whether or not you can simply find loot like you do in Deus Ex games, I don't know. Probably to some extent. If you're clearing out a gang hideout, there are bound to be weapons and such around. Though as I understand it, earning street cred allows you to obtain better gear, so it wouldn't make much sense to be able to circumvent that requirement by just looting it off dead people. I'm not sure how that balance will work.

Instead of a lot of car chases and car shootouts, I wish they could have shown a little bit more about looting, hacking, stealth etc.

Last edited:
Developer warns about playing the game like GTA.

Link - https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/cyberpunk-2077-gta-5-ps5-xbox-one-series-x-pc-gameplay/
“If you want to go out on a rampage and have no remorse, then you have got the option, and that’s fine with us," said Max Pears, a level designer on the game, while speaking to PC Games N. However, once you start to play the missions and see the amount of options you have. I think that will make players stop and think a little bit before doing something reckless. We’ve seen a lot of people default to that ‘GTA mode’ and then after a little bit they realize how many things are different and adjust how they play.”

Now that's interesting. Wish they would have shown some examples of that. I'd love to see a video that made me say ' huh, That's a game I need to get'

Haven't seen one yet but I'll keep checking. Maybe they're using the videos to hook the mainstream players. Maybe I need to start reading some articles for the more in depth stuff.

I don't even play GTA like that. I don't stop for traffic lights or whatever, obviously, but I do missions and behave in general like an actual human being in a story, not a psycho just blowing up a city and everyone in it.

Something I would find very positively is if there were hidden/optional tough encounters that reward the player's perspicacity and tenacity for finding them in the first place, and then being able to actually overcome those situations. It can come in the form of levelling content to get a nice boost that will make your life easier for a few levels if you are good enough, or endgame content that's just there to let you prove your mastery and give you the nice challenge and feels of a job well done (ie, megabosses in PoE2)

I love when RPGs have that kinda thing, and the Witcher 3 had a bit of it, though more in the form of being able to tackle optional encounters, sometimes above your level, to get nice caches of switched gear/craft patterns and such. Hopefully Cyberpunk2077 will emphasize in that kind of thing, at it is something I would like.

Back
Top Bottom