C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Do those characters look exactly like the real person giving them their voice? (No)
Don't really care it's bullshit. So go ahead try to change my mind of you can.;)

Seriously nothing but neagtive PR and bad news about this developer lately.

Don't really care it's bullshit. So go ahead try to change my mind of you can.;)

This sort of thing was inevitable as graphics become more realistic and public figures lend their likenesses to games.

Imagine a cast of actors make a film. Then imagine it was possible to digitally edit that film to make it look like those actors are fucking dogs for an hour and a half. Then you widely distribute that version of the film on a website that everyone can easily access.

The cast and the studio that made the original film would not be happy about that, and would take legal action to prevent that second film from being distributed, and I find that to be entirely understandable.

Yeah, I would imagine it's contractual, and the limits of how an actor's likeness may be used quite strictly defined. Particularly if it's a big name actor. I'd guess they're covering themselves, so as not to be seen as encouraging anything that could cause problems.

Given the latest news with stocks I'm not surprised. Stocks are easy to manipulate.

"Stocks are easy to manipulate" is like saying "there's sand in Sahara". Not very interesting, but what's interesting is that the stocks were clearly over-priced prior to the launch and got under-priced afterward. I guess they are now recovering. I was thinking when the stock price collapsed after the launch, that it would be smart to invest in CDPR stocks. Have not invested in any, so didn't do it. Did someone buy their stocks?

There was another update today. It's up to v1.11 now.

It says "small update", but it was still 2.3 GB. :)
Patch was only 800mb on GOG but needed almost 5GB to install.:(

Did you even watch or read news about the Gamestop/AMC buy/sell scandal this week?

I did and you are stating the obvious. The CDPR stock is not like the Gamestop. There have been recent changes unrelated to social media (Reddit, Musk, etc.) on the stock price. The value of the stock was under the expected value seeing the expected dividends from the game sales. The game was released buggy which caused the clusterfuck we have witnessed. This again made the investors nervous because they do not understand much about games, which then lead to the collapse in the value. The game will sell and the stock price will recover. If you bought the stock after the collapse, you'd have a high probability of earning money. Now I am stating the obvious, but apparently, I have to.

Also the Gamestop thing was/is special. First, it was about shorts. That's not really investing in stocks but speculating on (falling) courses. Second, and that is the huge deal, it was a community driven coup really fucking up some hedge funds who most likely will lose tens of billions of dollars.

And yes, it would perhaps been wise to have invested in CDPR when the course crashed after release. But tbh I cannot estimate the effects of the law suits. It might really cost them.

In case this was missed, a review from a dude who's been constantly producing witcher 3 videos for years now. I coudn't watch it all since it contains story spoilers. But it does not sound too good. He seems to be focusing mostly on the actual content. Not the state. He finished it 2.5 times

a Witcher fan's Review of Cyberpunk 2077

The inimitable Noah Gervais has released a video on CP2077, I hesitated to post this since IMHO there's been way too much talk on this game, but he's a top youtuber so there you are :)

If you like him, don't miss his last video on Patreon issues, future, etc. and show your support. I'm still wondering whether he's sarcastic about some of the things he says or not. Like >>here<< :lol:

I didn't know one could earn so much with Patreon, good for him!

The inimitable Noah Gervais has released a video on CP2077, I hesitated to post this since IMHO there's been way too much talk on this game, but he's a top youtuber so there you are :)

If you like him, don't miss his last video on Patreon issues, future, etc. and show your support. I'm still wondering whether he's sarcastic about some of the things he says or not. Like >>here<< :lol:

I didn't know one could earn so much with Patreon, good for him!

Really enjoyed his channel update. He's one of the most wholesome people on youtube. Fully transparent. Honest to a fault. I'm especially excited about his travel videos, in the new car. I loved his VW minibus travel videos. His voice is so soothing. Great to hear he's doing better.

Yeah, 2 hour videos on games are not something I'm likely to be into, but I looked him up, and I can see the appeal. It's quite encouraging in a way - he's a thoughtful and eloquent reviewer, in the mould of worthwhile critics in other media, without the usual Youtube gurning. That and he splits his time with driving around doing travelogues. Nice to see there's an audience for it.

Still waiting for that free DLC which was pushed back half a year.

Still waiting for that free DLC which was pushed back half a year.

Right, there's that too. Do you know if they fixed most of the bugs now?

I wonder what they'll do next. The people who have spent countless hours and crunch time to work on this must be in dire need of motivation boosters :-/

Right, there's that too. Do you know if they fixed most of the bugs now?

They have yet to release the second major patch they originally talked about releasing in February.

They haven't tweeted for 2 weeks, but the last time they did they said they were now targeting the latter half of March.

Back
Top Bottom