DArtagnan is he banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal is relative. I believe the responses you got actually represented a full spectrum of responses, just not all the ones you wanted. One can not access the internet daily without realizing that not everyone agrees with you.

I have questions.

The following are quotes from you or jackie.
"At age 3 he began taking seizures. long violent ones. we began to see a pattern of cluster seizures every 6 to 8 weeks. they last 3 days, 24 hours a day, totalling 10 to 15 seizures. "

"5 seizures, one after the other plus a total of 15 seizures over the course of 4 days. he has no function in his back legs"

"Dino has cluster seizures every 4 to 6 weeks or so, and they are violent and nasty. Afterwards he is left "spaced out" for a few days, endlessly walking around, whining, and not knowing where he is or what he's doing."

"Afterwards he was a complete mess and literally didn't move for over 24 hours. "

"we have him on a regimen of various prescription medication. Unfortunately, the medication only does so much, and every 6-8 weeks or so, he has several days of seizures that we just have had to deal with thus far."

"There are times where he literally whines, barks and cries for 24 hours straight, sometimes more, "

"No, there is no real hope that Dino is just going to "get better". I mean, a miracle could happen, yes, but it seems like he will have seizures for the rest of his life, and that means we simply have to do whatever we can to make his life as comfortable and nice as we possibly can."

All your words. To summarize. You have a dog that has been seizing for 3 days every 4-6 weeks for over 2 years leaving him incapacitated for over 24 hours every episode with 3 days of recovery time where the dog is hurt and confused. This is currently WITH the medication. So if someone miraculously handed you the requested $3000 it would serve to do nothing except prolong this pattern.

The quality of life for this animal is poor at best. WITH the medication, this terrible situation you described is occurring. At what stage would quality of life be better if the dog was put to sleep?

This is a great post. Thank you for it.

The quality of the animal is okay. We treat him with a lot of love and love every minute of him being here with us. It sucks that we have to deal with the seizures, but the money issue comes in because we need to take him to an expensive neurologist now, to see if we can at least spread the seizures out to longer intervals. It was over $100 just to see the neurologist, not counting the new medicine he is on (it's a pill that is new and supposed to help suppress seizures in dogs), as well as emergency medicine he needs (a suppository to stop the clusters in their tracks), and a possible MRI scan of his brain to see if he may need surgery to improve his life.

We would never put him to sleep because other than those 3 days every month or so, he is a healthy, happy and loving dog.

If someone handed us $3000, we would get the MRI immediately, pay for months and months worth of medicine, doctor visits to the neurologist and perhaps surgery if it is needed. We're not just asking for the money for no reason, come on now. Common sense. We have a lot of bills with this dog WHOM WE LOVE VERY, VERY MUCH and it's hard on us.

For people to criticize us is shameful. Would you have your only child "put to sleep"?

For people to criticize us is shameful. Would you have your only child "put to sleep"?

This debate rages endlessly in every government in every country. If you've ever dealt with someone that is terminally ill their outlook on "life" is far different from your own. Quality of life sometimes means the right to end it.

Your dog is on valium. If you have the basics of understanding of valium you know that its a mood altering drug at best. The patient in the coma in the hospital may be very loved sitting there on the bed unable to move, trapped in his body. The drugs keep him numb to everything around him. The love FOR the patient has nothing to do with his quality of life. Lots of the arguments have a lot to do with how hard it is on the remaining family rather than on the patient.

I'm not bashing you personally. Roy should have given you this as a viable option.

Probably time to lock this thread down. The original question has been addressed, further info was shared, and now it's heading rapidly downhill with a supposedly positive person lashing out. No longer constructive, so me thinks iz time to lock it down before people get their feelings hurt or their anger stoked any further.

I'm all for a right-to-die discussion, but that belongs in P&R.

I'm not a big fan of how this is evolving, so I'd agree.

Let's not continue what happened in that other thread. I think we've all made our points, more or less.

Moderators have made their position clear as well.

No need to drag this out.

I'm not lashing out at all. I'm simply opening up and responding to some of the posts in this thread. I'm not reading what some of my ignored users are posting, so maybe they are posting their usual garbage. But whatever. I'm not going to lose sleep over any of this. And I'm plenty positive, so I don't know why you would view my posts as "lashing out". I feel fine, I'm not angry. Although sometimes some posts from you guys do make me angry, which again, is a reason why I may just give up on internet forums entirely soon.

Close it, DTE! :D

Sorry, I had no part in the original thread and wasn't trying to derail this one in any way. It just seemed to flow that way so I thought it was a good time to ask.

I had to put my dog down this month and it was the saddest day of my life. My wife and I spent $2000 to try and save his life at the end with a blood transfusion and other tests. Our vet told us there was a 20% chance that the treatment would work and even with those odds we did not think twice about the money.

At the vet hospital there was a lady that could not pay her bill and they would not take her dog until she paid 50% of her bill. The lady was crying and did not have the money to try and save her dog. My wife told the receptionist that we would pay her bill also. We were hoping for a little karma to try and save our Buster but it was not in the cards.

I can just hope that the money we spent was able to give this lady a little more time with her dog.

Hastar, that is a very, very beautiful thing you did there. It really touches me to hear that. I am also very sorry to hear about having to put your dog down. We had to put our Saint Bernard down, which was our last dog. He developed cancer in his front paw and we didn't have money to treat it, other than buying his pain medicine and letting him live for as long as we could. As soon as he started spending nights crying and having a lot of trouble getting around, we had to put him down. It was very sad.

So, I feel for you a lot. Some people don't understand that these animals become part of our family. Ugh. Wishing you the best, man. You will be blessed for your kindness towards that woman, that's for sure.

OK guys, do it your way. I'm just betting things will go downhill if this continues, just like this thread has.

Internet, like real life… you can't predict all responses.

Actually, when going to a place named codex that show a certain type of reactions, up to the point that they can be qualify as codex reactions, you should expect (and be able to predict) that codex reactions happen and will happen in that place named codex.

Now when another place is slowly turned in a daughter branch of the place named codex, with articles coming from that place promoted regularly in that another place, it should be obvious that you could expect codex (light or heavy) reactions in that place as that place is slowly turned into a branch for the place named codex.

Go in a place named codex to get codex and get codex reactions.
Go to a place named otherwise and more and more used as a promotional platform for codex, then, well, codex reactions are also expected.

Nothing too hard to predict.

You got it, the Watch has been secretly assimilated into the Codex hivemind. I appoint Chien as Head Inquisitor to sniff out the witches commies trolls.

Please don't lock this thread, more delicious nonsense is getting posted by the minute.

Fluent what is this nonsense about leaving the Watch? This is the most mild site out there most days. Sure we get some Codexian infiltrators occasionally and Darts walls of texts might contain an insult or two but who cares? The Codexians get bored and slither back home and personally I'm usually passed out by the 3rd sentence in a Dart post. Yes it's true the servers could reclaim 75% of their storage space without Dart but what would the Watch be without the Dart? Not the same place surely! If he gets under your skin simply grab a cup of coffee and leave a scathing post in the "I Hate Dart Thread". After all he created it as a public service and never turns away from an opportunity for self reflection and debate on such matters. Long live the Dart I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom