Witcher 3 Downgraded visuals?

The Witcher 3
Shhhh vurt, didn't you know it's not ok to care about visuals in the comments section of a hardcore RPG site?

You need to shift your focus to discussing C&C, tactical combat, perma death and character builds. ;)

More likely; the upset people are those who have a good system and want cutting edge graphics, and the people who thought they could trust CDP.. Those who defends it (how that's even possible..) - those who would have to use low/medium settings anyways.

And what will you (and all the complainers) do if it turns out that there was no downgrade? Guys like you probably cost CDPR some sales. Which is fair enough if you are right but what if you are wrong? I bet that you (all of you) will keep trying to prove your opinions no matter what.

I think it's going to look great....compared to Might and Magic VI, which is what I'm playing now :)

And what will you (and all the complainers) do if it turns out that there was no downgrade? Guys like you probably cost CDPR some sales. Which is fair enough if you are right but what if you are wrong? I bet that you (all of you) will keep trying to prove your opinions no matter what.

I will be happy if I am proven wrong. However people are entitled to speculate and that is the whole bloody point of an internet forum!! This speculation has been going on for while now and its very easy for CDPR to put an stop to that yet they didn't, why is that?

Also no one is saying Witcher 3 doesn't looking amazing as it is now. People are just speculating about the pictures shown in 2013 and now because we are all bored at work :p

Just to repeat this for the 100th time or so: The problem is not really the downgrade per se or the allegedly faked/touched up early screenshots. That is a well established industry standard. A pretty sad standard, of course, but it is what it is.
The problem with CDP is that they constantly specifically try to pretend that they are above this when in reality they are not. They keep pounding their chest about how they are the good guys and everyone else is evil and sucks but yet their deeds speak a different language.
That is the primary issue for most people here. They feel cheated and lied to by a company that specifically promised to not cheat and lie.

What deeds? The only iffy thing I can think about is "season pass" but you talk like CDPR promised you marriage and then left you alone and pregnant…

The game was reviewed in CD action magazine (Polish).. I posted the translation in another thread. They say it's downgraded. All the recent screens that CDP has released looks downgraded, or do you seriously think they would release inferior looking screens all of a sudden?

Also.. some of us have eyes to see with :)

7g0fo.jpg

tozid.jpg

26xnr.jpg

JjyfctD.png

Geometry downgrade:

Gis8mfT.jpg

ggRIov6.jpg

This company can do no bad...what they did was what every other company does, and usually gets lambasted for it. Just like the DLC. If you treat this company the same as any other company it's not a huge deal...however if you continue to place them on some pedestal that is wrong.

This company can do no bad…what they did was what every other company does, and usually gets lambasted for it.

Yeah I know. All those companies releasing DRM free games and free EE upgrades to their games and getting lambasted for their pains.

This company can do no bad…what they did was what every other company does, and usually gets lambasted for it. Just like the DLC. If you treat this company the same as any other company it's not a huge deal…however if you continue to place them on some pedestal that is wrong.
Lol, I forgot about that 16 DLC bullshit. Is that still happening? Are fools still buying that shit and calling it ice cream?

Free DLC number one, improved graphics :) no more downgrade…. it is a compromise with the console crowd...

It's 16 fucking FREE DLCs. Like with mods - don't like it, don't download it.

This company can do no bad…what they did was what every other company does, and usually gets lambasted for it. Just like the DLC. If you treat this company the same as any other company it's not a huge deal…however if you continue to place them on some pedestal that is wrong.

Not every company claims that the final graphics will even surpass the first videos and screens when that's clearly not the case.. Not every company lie when they're asked if they had to downgrade the graphics.

There has been a _few_ games (Watch Dogs, Dark Souls II, FarCry 3, Oblivion - feel free to fill me in..) where the graphics got quite downgraded (for Oblivion it was "just" the real time shadows). It's not as common as some people here claim (considering how many games are relased every month). Also, in most cases those devs have made no claims that the final result will look much better than in their "PR" videos..

The quiz can be stopped now. ;)
PCGames.de published their W3 review (PS4) a couple of minutes ago. They confirm that there has indeed been a graphics downgrade. After the downgrade W3 is by far the most beautiful RPG on the market.
According to their review the game is a triumph. 90% without the release patch, so they explicitly reserve the right to increase the rating after the patch.

What deeds? The only thing I can think about is "season pass" but you talk like CDPR promised you marriage and then left you alone and pregnant…

The deed of either downgrading the graphics (or photoshopping the early screenshots to get everyone's attention) after they specifically stated that there would be no downgrade.

Or the deed of regional pricing. They said they'd never do that, then caved in to publisher demands and then backpedaled some (not sure to what extent non-regional pricing is back but any stranded fish would be hard pressed to beat their flip-flopping technique).
On a side note, it is also annoying that they use geo IP now for GOG.com and the language gets switched to German if I visit the site.

Another deed would be their cooperation with a law firm to identify and hunt down pirates of their DRM free games when before they stated that a pirated game is not a lost sale. Then why go after the money by "other means"?

It's 16 fucking FREE DLCs. Like with mods - don't like it, don't download it.
Or you give those with the full game and don't treat players like idiots by using such bullshit marketing.

Or you give those with the full game and don't treat players like idiots by using such bullshit marketing.

You want them to delay the game for 6 months+ so that we can have some new clothes and stuff? In this case it's not BS..

Can any of you provide a real quote with the actual wording of these "promises"? I'm curious what they actually said.

There has been a _few_ games (Watch Dogs,
100% true.

Absolutely not true. Or I missed some vid where it looked better than live on my machine.

Also, please stop comparing a screenshot from location X at dawn with a screenshot from location Y at dusk.
When people noticed watch dogs downgrade, they didn't compare one part of a town with another, but put the same location before/after. Also, they cared for weather, so if on the "before" pic was a foggy or rainy weather, it was also on the "after" pic.

Back
Top Bottom