Witcher 3 Downgraded visuals?

The Witcher 3
You want them to delay the game for 6 months+ so that we can have some new clothes and stuff? In this case it's not BS..
Like you truly believe this was not cut content that is marketed as Free DLCs.
Or they planned to make a free EE again but this time decided to market it as free DLCs instead of something that sounds like a fix for a possibly broken game.

Can any of you provide a real quote with the actual wording of these "promises"? I'm curious what they actually said.

One source would be this interview with CDP's Michael Stec in which he stated the following...
No. That's the answer. We are not downgrading it. We are optimizing the game but in a way that doesn't affect the visuals. So there is a lot of work for us, and this is also one of the reasons why we delayed the game. Because we still have to optimize it to get the best performance for you guys as possible.

Can any of you provide a real quote with the actual wording of these "promises"? I'm curious what they actually said.

A few quotes..

"We also rewrote the renderer to support DirectX 11 – this brought a lot of new features that we can use to make our games look even better."

“With the new renderer we haven’t unveiled yet, we want to achieve CG movie quality for our game’s graphics.”

"They do not make use of new rendering technology, which will be used in the final game, the developer said."

http://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-promises-no-visual-downgrade-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/

"The final version of the game will look better than what can be seen in the latest screenshots – no matter the platform. As you probably know, when publishing screenshots, some of them can be subjectively less appealing than others (depending on one’s opinion), that’s perfectly normal. The most important thing here is that the game will come out looking gorgeous when we are done working on it. There will be no downgrade."

Like you truly believe this was not cut content that is marketed as Free DLCs.
Or they planned to make a free EE again but this time decided to market it as free DLCs instead of something that sounds like a fix for a possibly broken game.

I don't think it's cut content to be honest.. there's obviously a limit to how much content you can create for a game. Where would you put the limit? 300 hair styles, 200 armors? Please let me know, since you obviously think that you have this information ;)

I can't prove that the content isn't already there and they are just sitting on their asses delaying it.. but nah, they're gonna work on patches and they probably have a staff working every now and then on the DLC's already (put on low priority), but no, i dont think it's done already.

Did you miss my post?

I didn't see anyone make something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX4HTUuCy3k

Till I see it, or in other words, till people stop comparing oranges and apples, putting pics of different areas, I do not believe there is any downgrade anywhere.

Absolutely not true. Or I missed some vid where it looked better than live on my machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FazHvl7dURI

Also, lightning or angle doesnt really have to do with how advanced the graphics look, you can still tell the differences. People compare graphics engines or artwork all the time.. you really don't need the exact same location to compare the quality of art :) If so we could never tell one painter is better than the other, or that one movie looks superior over the other (quality of ligtning etc).

It's also not needed to judge the quality of the shaders in use or the rendering itself.

I wonder if you played FC3 and if yes, on which machine.
But that's in fact irrelevant.

All I want is to see this or another pic as E3/Final side-by-side comparing, not some notes and comparision with another ingame castle during night/rain/fog:
Gis8mfT.jpg

Any luck getting me an actual proof?

If you're so sure that FC3 looks better on your PC than in the old PR videos you are more than welcome to do your own comparison video with the old footage and prove many thousands of people wrong. Until then i'd be quiet about me not having proper evidence for my claims about either of these games. 2 reviews are out, both claims downgrade, if you still refuse to believe it, fine by me ;)

edit: Gamspot review out: 10/10

Nice!

Yea, sorry, 2 Playstation reviews claim downgrade. You expect me to care about consoles? If there is an award "optimist of the year" you should get a nomination.

But you do know how annoying I can be when someone doesn't deliver.
Noone can stop me posting about Watch Dogs scandal everywhere, you saw my numerous posts here on watch, and I did post about that on Steam and Ubi forum too. And god knows where else, but pretty much everywhere.

If it does happen that CDpr downgraded PC game, I will be there on the official site forum asking what bullshit it that. Over and over. Spitting and raging till they ban me or explain fairly.

Not a single pic I've seen so far can be used as proof. I just can't work with these you pointed on and I'm not a common troll who'll rage over something he doesn't believe in. Get me a proper proof and I'll turn into a trolling monster that very moment. But without it, I just can't believe the rumors nor will join the lynch mob.
Sorry about that.

Jumping isn't as good as i would've liked :/ very restrictive;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS0wzGSUFVY

some PC screens (highest settings, from a polish guy who has it already)

AOoOaZq.jpg

I think skyrim looks far superior to above, the backdrops at least (who looked absolutely stunning in the older screens of TW3)

hYN5gRi.jpg

Uhh.. ok!

EFZYvSh.jpg

UI. Crappy.

@vurt and Moriendor

Thanks for that information. Given those statements, I agree they're being very deceitful - if the downgrade is significant.

Once I get my hands on the PC version, I'll judge for myself.

some PC screens (highest settings, from a polish guy who has it already)

Those screens are from the PS4 version, taken from the polish review here: http://www.cdaction.pl/artykul-41457-4/wiedzmin-3-dziki-gon—recenzja-cdactionpl.html

He says that he has only seen the PS4 version, but that his trusted colleagues who got the chance to play the PC version say it looks much MUCH better. He says to consider that his review might be better if he played it on the superior PC version.

I think no-one but the guys from the preview event have played the PC version.

7ezaq7w.png

8BHSrwl.png

nuff said

@kobold I kind of suspected it (didn't know when i posted it) since i just now saw a translation from their Facebook where they say they are still(!) tweaking Xbone and PC version. It will clearly be very interesting to see the results in a few days, i have little hope that it will look like it did originally, but we'll see.

@joxer, again, that's not even the issue here.. the issue was about lying :)

One thing for sure: CDR Projekt has not yet spent enough on marketing, PR.
They are going to be mauled again.

vurt, but it actually is.
Let's kill some phone browser too:

2409886-0490271981-iWk46.gif

@vurt
I also doubt will see anything like original promos. Too many decisions made around console compromises that are not the kind that can be switched back. Maybe we will see more advanced lighting options, texture packs, and things.

Back
Top Bottom