Dragon Age 4 - Not Likely to be Good

Good to know. Maybe if EA releases the game on GOG I will give it a second chance.
Good luck with that as everyone knows EA BioWare games all use Origin nowadays. EA would have to remove the launcher DRM from the game to sell it on GOG.:(

Yeah, I'm sure every one of those 5000+ people were just trolling. ;)

You're forgetting that there are just as many fanboys who are willing to rate certain games 10/10 just because.

If we're talking about a game with a few hundred reviews, then I have no doubt the bottom line can be skewed by enough trolls (or fanboys), but when we're talking about a score averaged over thousands, I'll usually take that over a few dozen critic reviews.
The problem with user rating on metacritic is that because of all the trolls (voting 0) and fanboys (voring 10) you don't get a normal curve, but a bathtub curve.
You shouldn't use the average value for such a distribution, but the median.
For the median all the trolls or fanboys wouldn't matter and we'd really had a robust metric.

I used to feel that way as well, Silver, that if Electronic Arts put their products on great old games, I'd likely at least try them out. Nowadays though, I hear so much negativity about their games from friends and family that I wouldn't even try them were they available via GoG or steam.

The problem with user rating on metacritic is that because of all the trolls (voting 0) and fanboys (voring 10) you don't get a normal curve, but a bathtub curve.
You shouldn't use the average value for such a distribution, but the median.
For the median all the trolls or fanboys wouldn't matter and we'd really had a robust metric.

I would probably use the mode not the median, but it depends how many reviews said game has.

Ideally, I would like to actually read as many of them as possible, but that's obviously not feasible with some games unless you have a ton of spare time on your hands.

I never played ME3 or ME:A. I enjoyed DA2, though I admit there were serious issues with it, giant corners were cut and it should have been better.

Ideally, I would like to actually read as many [Metacritic user reviews] as possible

One person's ideal, another's vision of Hell....

I used to feel that way as well, Silver, that if Electronic Arts put their products on great old games, I'd likely at least try them out. Nowadays though, I hear so much negativity about their games from friends and family that I wouldn't even try them were they available via GoG or steam.

I'm inclined toward feeling that way also. I only want good games to be apart of my GOG library.

I think it will be a good game, for a few reasons... First, BioWare's survival might literally hang on it. Second, I have a lot more faith in Casey Hudson than most on these forums. Third, no way it could be worse than DA2. Not really a reason, there, but whatevs.

I DO think it will be a much smaller game than DA:I, however. After seeing a series of games that were either restarted or re-routed during production and then released unfinished, I believe they will need to reduce feature-creep to ensure it's done correctly. The only way to do that is to keep it a much smaller project until they prove they have the management logistical aptitude to release a larger game again.

I never played ME3 or ME:A. I enjoyed DA2, though I admit there were serious issues with it, giant corners were cut and it should have been better.
DA2 was an average RPG that reused content & suffered from a short development cycle. ME:A was an improvement over past games but had it's own problems on release.
econd, I have a lot more faith in Casey Hudson than most on these forums
Ah you mean the guy who ruined Mass Effect and Anthem? If so yeah…

Last edited:
It would have to be at spectacular levels of shit for me not to buy this game really.

For me, I stopped buying EAware Bioware products after the spectacular levels of shit that were contained in DA2, so my mind kinda can't visualise what your mind is communicating here.

Do you mean that you'll stop buying their products only if when you press play your computer freezes, frazzles, has smoke pouring out the back & then proceeds to commit suicide by jumping out your window and shattering into a thousand pieces?

Or something more mundane? Like, I dunno, something only marginally more invigorating that a steam greenlight asset-flip survival horror shooter who's only audience is amusing crap game let's plays on youtube where the entertainment is watching someone describe just how crap it is?

Or perhaps you mean something slightly more than that but somehow less than DA2? Which is where I lose the ability to conceptualise what you mean. Could you define your version of spectacular levels of shit?

Last edited:
Anthem was ruined the day they decided to make it an arcade-style shooter.
Well it was his project before he left BioWare and he returned to finish it. His meddling in the Mass Effect series is well know also due to interviews with past employees.

Now if he can make a good RPG on a smaller scale I'll be surprised. As their main focus seems to be live service games and server based play nowadays. Not my cup of tea.

They need to go back and look at their story telling linear past.

We Miss Linear Video Games - CultureofGaming
I miss linear games. Don’t get me wrong, I like The Witcher 3, Breath of the Wild, and Bloodborne as much as the next guy. But what ever happened to the plethora of hand-holding, mollycoddling games of the early 2000’s and 90’s? I’m talking about Valve classics like Half-life and Portal. I’m talking about classic FPS’s like Halo. Heck, I’m talking about the original God of War games. Remember when those used to guide you on a strict, point A to point B path? Been a while, hasn’t it?
Not every new RPG has to be a live service open world game.

Not every new RPG has to be a live service open world game.
Statements like that are the reason why you're not CEO with millions as yearly bonus paycheck. :p

Statements like that are the reason why you're not CEO with millions as yearly bonus paycheck. :p
Good look at what happens to you.:lol:

I+agree+bring+back+andrew+the+sinister+suited+satan+wilson+_73c69f8e5279914da61cecbc0a6148f3.jpg

Dz8qLwJWoAEko41.jpg

Back
Top Bottom