DA:D Dragon Age: Dreadwolf News

Dragon Age: Dreadwolf
Also BioWare and EA aren't even sharing official footage yet after eight years.
Dunno if that bit says much. If the new game was truly using Dark Souls inspired combat, it seems like they'd be champing at the bit to show it off and let everyone know how hipster they are. "Look everyone, we're totally With The Times, we've now left behind absolutely everything from those crusty old games that people actually liked us for!" Get your $70 ready :LOL:

So Dragon Age becoming more an Action RPG isn't a surprise. Every game was more streamlined that its predecessor.

Sure, I'd rather have seen them gop back a ste or two, but if it's going to be a good Action RPG, I think I'll still buy and play it.

There are others (like Owlcat and hopefully Larian) that filled the old BioWare spot.

So Dragon Age becoming more an Action RPG isn't a surprise. Every game was more streamlined that its predecessor.
More streamlined (read: "dumbed down"), sure, but they were all RTwP. I don't know why it has to be inevitable that DA4 would be even more dumbed down, and now (maybe) a full-blown action twitch game. Do we just assume that's the only route BioWare can safely take, because of how hard their company sucks now?

There's no question that BG3 will outsell DA4, probably several times over. BioWare could just have easily went the opposite direction, do a turn-based game like BG3 and see how that works out. What's ironic about the whole situation is that BG3 is a sequel to BioWare games, but everyone knows that modern BioWare is way too terrible to make a game as good as what Larian's making now.

Last edited:
I guess we'll see what they made of it when it's done. I did like DA:I, so there is still some hope in my books for Dreadwolf. I just refuse to be hyped anymore and will wait on the release and then some before making a final choice. Enough games to play in the meantime ;)

Already shared that you probably missed it or have me on ignore as usual. :cool:

Do we just assume that's the only route BioWare can safely take, because of how hard their company sucks now?
Yes.
But I guess it's more EA than BioWare making these decisions. They want to have a big successful franchise like Dark Souls, GTA, TES, Fallout etc. and not some nerdy niche game.
They failed with Anthem and are now trying with DA.
Sure, BG4 will most likely outsell DA4, but it won't outsell the very big games.

I don't want to say that it's a good strategy by EA/BioWare, but it still looks like this is their motivation.

BioWare at this point probably has no choice they have to court old players and modern ones. They failed with Anthem and knowing EA their on thin ice at this point in time.

Also I still can't believe it's been eight years since Inquisition was released.:eek:

Also I still can't believe it's been eight years since Inquisition was released.:eek:
Yeah, that's nuts.
The time between BG2:ToB and DA:O (2001 - 2009) felt like an eternity.
The time since DA:I just flew.
Most likely that's just changing time perception due to age... 👴

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z8bEPag8_E
You heard right. I'm working with the BioWare on Dragon Age: Dreadwolf. I am not the Executive Producer. Instead I am bringing my experience of the previous 3 games to bear. Unfortunately, I've made the decision to (at least for now) drop the video frequency down to once a week.

What a botched way to announce a massive lay-off. It's nothing else than a patchwork of cliché sentences with an absurd meaning.

So, in order to be quicker and deliver higher quality, they have to fire 50 of their employees who crafted extraordinary games and without whom they wouldn't be there. Sure. The fact that they'll open new positions confirms the soundness of this plan.

And it'll give them a clearer vision. That, I can believe: the vision of the end of that company is very clear in my mind. :confused:

Last edited:
They say they want to
do what we do best: create exceptional story-driven single-player experiences filled with vast worlds and rich characters.
so if that means laying off people who worked on multiplayer bs like Anthem, I'd say that's a positive thing.

Back
Top Bottom