Elex 2 ELEX 2 - GOG version

So, in a fit of slight paranoia and due to this being something I wanted to do since forever, I've gotten myself some pretty large hdds and started to download my whole GOG library, to have them all as offline installable games and back them up for myself.

It's taking forever, but its fine.
So I've reached ELEX 2, in that list, and I just had to share what I noticed.
For some reason ELEX 2 is archived to GOG as 19! separate archives, almost all of them around 4 gigs.
And then it has 10 4gig files composing the patch from 1.04 to 1.05.
And then another 3 individual patches for 3 more version upgrades.

Absolute fucking insane. Why the hell did they not just repackage the installer archives with the final patched version, if the changes are so large that they have a patch the size of half the initial package.
This way I have to download and install one version, and then theoretically replace half of that content with new content.
View: https://i.imgur.com/NlZHPHw.png

I think you're wasting your time and storage space tbh.
Very likely. But we'll see who laughs last when CDPR goes bankrupt and there's a rush for their servers. :D

I'm on the second page of a total of 5 pages of game listing, just past ELEX and Encased. And at around 900GB so far.
I probably went a bit overboard with 16TB hdds. But on the other hand, you can never have enough available space. :D

Absolute fucking insane. Why the hell did they not just repackage the installer archives with the final patched version
But isn't that the case? From your screenshot, the installer is 1.05c. The patches are for people who have a previous version installed.

But isn't that the case? From your screenshot, the installer is 1.05c. The patches are for people who have a previous version installed.
God damn it, you're right. I need to get my vision checked.
I either didn't look properly or just assumed or they put the original versioned files and then the patches. o_O

God damn it, you're right. I need to get my vision checked.
I either didn't look properly or just assumed or they put the original versioned files and then the patches. o_O
Hopefully that saves you some time. :) It's too bad they don't provide a multi-game download though. I've seen thread about it in their forums, but I think that never happened.

I've always said offline GOG patching is the worst system I've ever used to update games. The Pathfinder games are much worse to update offline.

Much easier to use Galaxy.

They sometimes skip the patch and force you to re-download the whole damn game.

Last edited:
I've always said offline GOG patching is the worst system I've ever used to update games. The Pathfinder games are much worse to update offline. Much easier to use Galaxy.

They sometimes ship the patch and force you to re-download the whole damn game.
For normal everyday use yes. But this is just for backup up my library, for when or if GOG ever goes down.
Though I do wonder, if GOG does go down at one point and it goes bankrupt, how do we prove legal ownership of these games.
Do I need to extract all invoices also? :D

Though I do wonder, if GOG does go down at one point and it goes bankrupt, how do we prove legal ownership of these games.
Do I need to extract all invoices also? :D
Why would you need to? It's not as if they're going do anything for you in that situation.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. In the unlikely event of that happening, there are plenty of places you can download those games from without having a guilty conscious.

Back
Top Bottom