EVERSPACE 2 - Live Preview of New Content on Oct 15th

Side Point/Quibble: I know it's just a cinematic convention, but space craft are always shown using a continuous engine burn when traveling. Unless I don't remember my astrophysics correctly, in zero gravity inertia will keep an object at the same speed in a straight line without the need for forward propulsion of any kind. Therefore, a space craft doesn't require a sustained engine burn or any burn unless it needs to change course or slow down. Yet you see space craft chugging along with engines at full throttle all the time, straight line or not.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense, but there's a ton of license being taken with most space games like this. With the sort of acceleration/deceleration going on at the purported speeds, the pilot would typically be reduced to a smooth paste. :p

Space games would be boring if they actually use real physics and that other stuff. One has to realize space is a lot bigger then we think it is. Even TV shows get it wrong.:biggrin:

What's funny is Chris Roberts developed Freelancer

Well, almost, yes ;) . He „developed“ something that was eventually released as Freelancer by his brother’s company after Microsoft degraded him to consultant a.k.a fired him from the project lead position.
Erin and Digital Anvil finished and released Freelancer. Unfortunately there is no one in power to degrade Chris on SC and Erin seems to be pretty complacent running the Manchester CIG gig instead of kicking Chris in the butt at regular intervals.

Oh well, it is what it is. I’m almost over it and have written off my SC pledge a long time ago. If and when Squadron 42 should still get a release one day, I will be a happy camper but the breath holding days are far in the past already.

EverSpace 2 is coming to early access on Xbox GamePass in just two days (Steam early access has already been a thing since January). There is also news that the full game has been delayed to 2023 now (fine, take all the time it needs, guys, because it looks like a real gem in the making from the demo).

Space games would be boring if they actually use real physics and that other stuff. One has to realize space is a lot bigger then we think it is. Even TV shows get it wrong.:biggrin:

The Expanse doesn't! It would be interesting to play a space game with battles like those in The Expanse.

There is also news that the full game has been delayed to 2023 now (fine, take all the time it needs, guys, because it looks like a real gem in the making from the demo).

Ouch…that's a long time. I'm glad they're not rushing it, but I was really hoping I wouldn't have to wait that long to play it.

I was going to buy this but just found out it is coming to gamepass....so cool.

Yes…Yes…it is our Resident Game-pass representative.:p

I'm more surprised Early Access games are being released on Game-pass now.:wideeyed:

Yes…Yes…it is our Resident Game-pass representative.:p

I'm more surprised Early Access games are being released on Game-pass now.:wideeyed:

Yeah, why tell people about a good thing....shhhh old grognards get upset.

Yeah, why tell people about a good thing….shhhh old grognards get upset.[/
Oh burn… not… but hey at least you tried. It is my alternate account name so kudos to you again for remembering that. So you know what have a cookie on me again.:cookie:

I look forward to your next Game-pass comment on another thread.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom