Fallout 4 FO4 is getting a next-gen upgrade.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I'd like to say who cares but I know many will care about this. I'm guessing it's just updated textures, ray tracing, and other graphic updates. Next Gen is just a buzzword.

Update: Engine fixes and more creation club DLC as well.

Last edited:
I like that they're doing it because I plan on replaying FO4 at some point.

It's also cool that they're doing it as a free update instead of trying to spin it as some kind of new edition.

True it's free so yeah can't complain to much. I'm actually surprised they are giving it away for free as Skyrim released in three editions and you had to buy each of those.

I'm guessing this version will break mods again like f4se_loader.

Only for a limited time though. ^^

I also know some people who had trouble getting the free upgrade.

Cool - will be curious to see how it looks although with ENB and mods my FO4 game looks amazing. And, of course, the update will most likely break those same mods lol. Ah well, thtas life in modding. I love FO4 and still play myself so looking forward to it.

Finally some news about the update... it's being released in two weeks.

I have a feeling it's going to be underwhelming for PC players. They mention widescreen support and some mods + bug fixes, but it doesn't look like much else.

Hmm...not surprised as it was made for consoles in mind first.

I expect the update will also ruin most mods once again.

It claims to improve access to mods, but we'll see...

It also doesn't appear to add any dramatic changes to the PC version, so hopefully mod authors will find it easy to update their mods if they need to.

Meh it's free at least so really can't complain.

They could have released a new version and made us buy it again.

I hear PC is only now getting widescreen support? do they mean ultrawide? Btter late than never.
Both.

We are also releasing a free Fallout 4 update for PC players! Experience Fallout 4 on your next-generation PC with widescreen and ultra-widescreen support, as well as fixes to Creation Kit and a variety of quest updates.

It's confusing though, because aren't 720, 1080, 1440, etc all considered widescreen?

It's confusing though, because aren't 720, 1080, 1440, etc all considered widescreen?
Yeah, all those are 16:9 resolutions and that is the classic widescreen ratio. Non-widescreen would be 4:3 ratios like 1024x768, 1280x1024 (technically 5:4), 1600x1200, etc.

Fallout 4 supported widescreen on release, so no idea what they're talking about there.

Hopefully fixes all the problems with SSD's/CPU's that are too fast for the game.

Cynical part of me thinks they might have timed it to match up with the TV show. I'm sure the games are getting a small bump in sales and a patch could help prevent some of these new players from getting issues. They didn't seem to care about fixing basic issues like the over 60 frame per second causing issues when getting into power amour sometimes for the last 3 years+.

Don't remember on Witcher...but with Last of Us, they released a remake of the 1st game roughly around the same time the TV show came out.

Back
Top Bottom