Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests - XenForo 2.2

I'm experiencing it too - I even timed out when posting.

Hello, I never received the email when the account was validated, in fact I didn't receive any email and that's weird.

Another bug report, perhaps real this time. :)

I receive email notification of some thread before even have post anything in the thread, time travel? Kafka world? More a bug.

Ok there's a reason but making no sense, as a user or new suspicious user? All my posts are moderated so not posted, what's weird is I receive notification already. My threads subscriptions from posting should be moderated too and coordinated to my posts modarations. :) Sorry for the lite sarcasm tone, but nobody like big brother.

Read the site rules or as it's called FAQ the answers are there before you sign up.
As a spam protection measure, newly registered members have their first 7 posts moderated, which means that each of these posts will be checked by a moderator manually and needs approval by that moderator before it becomes visible to others.While the 7 posts are not yet approved a new member cannot start a new thread nor edit their own posts. In addition your access to, and editing your profile will be restricted.

Approving new posts is often the first thing I do each day, but because of time zone differentials, that can sometimes mean a long delay depending on where you live!!

Approving new posts is often the first thing I do each day, but because of time zone differentials, that can sometimes mean a long delay depending on where you live!!
Stop sleeping in so late and trying to blame it on time zone differentials. ;)

The simpler solution would be for you all to move down to Oz!! :) At least all you Floridians would feel more or less at home since our climates are quite similar and we have plenty of lovely beaches as well!!!!

[Deleted]

I stand corrected and apologize

Last edited:
WTF you can't delete your own posts? That is the stupidest fucking change I can imagine - where the hell on the internet is there that you can't delete your own posts? Hint: nowhere. Yes you lose contextual flow, but why not allow the user to choose "no I really didn't want to post that"? Talk about user-hostile design.
Talk about admin-hostile post. Well, look at the bright side: you can freely swear in your posts. ;)

He explained why in the post you quoted. There was a discussion about this, I think somewhere else in the same thread, with the same conclusion. Most users just edit their post and replace the content with '*deleted*', but you can also ask a mod to delete your post. It's really not such a big deal.

WTF you can't delete your own posts? That is the stupidest fucking change I can imagine - where the hell on the internet is there that you can't delete your own posts? Hint: nowhere. Yes you lose contextual flow, but why not allow the user to choose "no I really didn't want to post that"? Talk about user-hostile design.
The change was done mainly to prevent easy mass post deletions, which is explained in my post if you'd bothered to read it. The same behaviour is in place on plenty of forums, despite your beliefs to the contrary.

We'll still be happy to delete any stupid posts you or anyone else makes as long as it's requested, no worries.

Yeah that's has been covered before when the site changed owners.

I usually just write nothing to read here move on or use this -------- .:biggrin:

It's pretty common that you can't delete your own posts in a lot of forums, though I can hardly see a reason for it other than over-controlling behavior from people who
get a kick out of it.

If I'm a troll who wants to disrupt a conversation, I can make posts, then delete everything that was said in them, or even edit their contents after someone replies changing the context. Even if it says that the post was edited, you can't know what the post originally said. The fact that I can't delete the post doesn't really remove my ability to be toxic or troll other users.

If I'm a legit user who made a mistake, posted in the wrong thread, did a double post due to lag and spam clicking the post button, or misunderstood the topic and just doesn't think what they said is useful at all (which I imagine it's the only reason most people would ever delete their own posts), now I can't get rid of it to undo my own mistake. This causes an effect that is contrary to what we're aiming for - to be as little disruptive as possible with the flow of conversations. Now there's a ghost post there, forever, that adds nothing but a waste of time for everyone who has to scroll through, be it minorly or majorly annoying to different people.

It's not something that this site alone does, unlike txa1265, I think it's a pretty common setting. Then again, forum boards are usually privately owned so whoever uses them, does it under the terms that the owner chooses, much as you choose who sits on your couch in your own home, and that's all there is to it at the end of the day.

If I'm a legit user who made a mistake, posted in the wrong thread, did a double post due to lag and spam clicking the post button, or misunderstood the topic and just doesn't think what they said is useful at all (which I imagine it's the only reason most people would ever delete their own posts), now I can't get rid of it to undo my own mistake.
What? Of course you can:
Any posts made by mistake, double posts, etc. can be edited to request moderator deletion within the post itself, or by flagging the post for moderator action.
Please read my full post. People are reading partial quotes and making incorrect assumptions here. Anything posted by mistake will of course still be deleted.

Back
Top Bottom