Frayed Knights - Released and Available For Download

I played for a few hours tonight and I like it. The one clumsy thing is casting spells (as was noted earlier). C to cast and then a number to pick the spell but if you are casting on your own guys you have to click until you get their portrait and then click on the cast button. Maybe have a hot key for each PC? F1, etc.

Cannot buy the game :(
damned, credit cards are not THAT common in europe....

Perhaps a paypal method to be included?

Cannot buy the game :(
damned, credit cards are not THAT common in europe….

Perhaps a paypal method to be included?

Hm, try to contact BMT themselves ?

You could perhaps ask them if you can do a bank transfer to their German bank account they seem to use for German customers (haven't tried it yet), and within the E.U. it should at least work to do a bank transfer, using the relatively new IBAN / SEPA thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Bank_Account_Number

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Euro_Payments_Area

But first - try to ask BMT themselves. Maybe they can help you out.

Bit confused…there is a Paypal option - I used it.

weird, i dont see it. Perhaps i should check it when i am at home from work.

Hm, try to contact BMT themselves ?

You could perhaps ask them if you can do a bank transfer to their German bank account they seem to use for German customers (haven't tried it yet), and within the E.U. it should at least work to do a bank transfer, using the relatively new IBAN / SEPA thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Bank_Account_Number

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Euro_Payments_Area

But first - try to ask BMT themselves. Maybe they can help you out.

I will try that if paypal aint working…

thank you :)

It's a list choice, look for an arrow pointing down.

What confuses me is how even Paypal can be used without a credit card. How do you fund it?

It's a list choice, look for an arrow pointing down.

What confuses me is how even Paypal can be used without a credit card. How do you fund it?

Yep like bill says. it can be connected to a bank account.
thnx for the pointer ;)

The one clumsy thing is casting spells (as was noted earlier). C to cast and then a number to pick the spell but if you are casting on your own guys you have to click until you get their portrait and then click on the cast button. Maybe have a hot key for each PC? F1, etc.

Yes, and I also found it a little awkward reading the spell descriptions. Once you're done, you have to click Back and then go through two clicks again to select the next one to read the description of.

Also, I found a spelling error (in the demo)! :) The mouse-over for Dirk's feat Fade reads: "This character hide in the confusion of melee..." which should of course be "hides"!

I found several gramatical quirks in the dialogues (but couldn't say which, I forget the second I read the next line).

I find it adds to the refreshing indiness, and also (especially) helps excuse my own tendency to slip on such banana peels. After all I went with seven versions (0-6) with "equiped" in my inventory screen (as opposed to "equipped"). It was staring at me for 18 months and I never saw it until it was pointed out to me just recently :)

Concerning Paypal I guess I should have guessed (or remembered) the linking to account. I haven't been under that thing's hood in years though, except to update CC.

Yes, and I also found it a little awkward reading the spell descriptions. Once you're done, you have to click Back and then go through two clicks again to select the next one to read the description of.

The game is a little inconsistent on hover text. It would be good to have the descriptions available via hover from the "select a spell to cast" page for instance.

The game is a little inconsistent on hover text. It would be good to have the descriptions available via hover from the "select a spell to cast" page for instance.

Yes, another thing I would have it do is make the pop-up box smaller and have it word-wrap. It's really hard to read long lines of text without line breaks!

Not complaining or anything, it's just that it could be made even better with all these small improvements. :)

Not complaining or anything, it's just that it could be made even better with all these small improvements. :)

Exactly! I am having fun but some little tweaks would make it even more awesomer!

Exactly! I am having fun but some little tweaks would make it even more awesomer!

I don't know, it's like it's almost something that's mine, you know. Something that I made and if I could just go to this line of code and fix that little niggle... it's the way Coyote was so open and excited about the project during its development. And I did not even follow it that closely! Anyway, if it were something I made, I'd be constantly finding and fixing these things, because they would bother me. Feels like that.

Or something.

I don't know, it's like it's almost something that's mine, you know. Something that I made and if I could just go to this line of code and fix that little niggle… it's the way Coyote was so open and excited about the project during its development. And I did not even follow it that closely! Anyway, if it were something I made, I'd be constantly finding and fixing these things, because they would bother me. Feels like that.

Or something.

You might be, but probably not within the first week after launch. It's a pretty exhausting moment.

I'm glad Jay decided to go with it. At some point, you need to get it out. A little enhancement patching based on feedback may be necessary but being overly perfectionnist... Well, ask Cleve :)

Oh, and thanks everyone for not pointing out that gramatical has 2 m's :)

Given the context... The sad thing is it wasn't even intentional.

"Anyway, if it were something I made, I'd be constantly finding and fixing these things, because they would bother me."

Are you sure you're not Cleve in disguise? :)

I've been keeping a prioritized list of changes. Last night I archived off the release code for safekeeping when I got home from indie night, to get ready for the upcoming patch. I wish I could say I relaxed a bit the last couple of days (though I did play a little Minecraft...) But as Charles can probably attest, managing a release is about like being the proverbial one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest.

What I can say - and many, many, MANY thanks to this community for helping make that happen - is that the launch exceeded my (modest) expectations. I've received tons of feedback and suggestions, more than one guy can handle really... and of course some real significant issues I absolutely have to address.

Some suggestions may have to wait until FK2. But I really appreciate all the feedback I've gotten - both the positive that tells me what worked well (especially for experimental stuff I tried in this game), as well as the stuff that needs more work.

You guys rock.

Biggest problem I've run into so far is that opening up the journal while in combat pretty much breaks the game. This causes the menu to switch to the travel menu, which means that you aren't able to attack. I've been forced to quit and reload twice because of this problem (and unfortunately, the drama star mechanic makes such an action particularly frustrating).

Back
Top Bottom