Gamergate 2

Redglyph

proud GASP member
According to NeverKnowsBest, there's a recurrence of the Gamergate phenomenon, dubbed 'Gamergate 2'. This time, it seems to start with Sweet Baby Inc, the consulting studio who participated in the making of Alan Wake 2, Spider-Man 2, AC Valhalla, and many others.

Given the controversial nature of the campaigns, I've started that thread here.

I'm always astounded by the hate people can express about any form of progressivism, which I saw again recently in the fan clash after Rowling's - IMO very misguided - rant on the Hilary Cass report. It seems people would say anything that flies in the face of the obvious (or the scientifically accepted) just to harass and humiliate the other side.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGmESJM6BFQ

Beware, it's a long video, as usual. Don't eat it up all at once. ;)

0:00 - introduction
03:40 - Gamergate
12:55 - Sweet Baby Inc
39:27 - The winning narrative
54:12 - How games actually went Woke
1:09:29 - The new SJWs
1:30:00 - conclusion

Last edited:
Read about this a few weeks ago and not interested as I grew tired of the first time.

Anyway thanks to Social media and the internet every idiot can share their opinion.

Anyway we can thank Social media and the internet for allowing every idiot to share their opinion.
That would still be OK, but the bigger problem comes from influencers who got (who knows why) enough audience to force a narrative when it's obvious they haven't done their homework. Or who might have done it but tell convenient lies that enough people want to hear, then they take it as gospel and start posting and harassing others with those lies. It's frightening to see how easily people are manipulated. No need for a Prigozhin.

It takes some courage for people like NeverKnowsBest to denounce those practices, as he already did with the Pagliarulo affair.

Something stuck in that video. He said that, now (probably since Musk took over), Twitter's audience has shifted to the right wing side. I wonder how he realized that - those things usually fly way over my head.

Last time it started with Doritos and bad journalism. Seems like nothing has changed.

Hate is the new Love.

Ugh, what a slow talking dude. He could've summarized it much better. Good of him though. He will likely get lots of hate from the angry men who lack almost all ability to question their own beliefs.

Anyway. Much ado about nothing from the hateful dudes.

Companies bought the service of Sweet baby inc to look over their stories, got some feedback, and decided whether to implement any changes or not. It's not as if there's an actual conspiracy here. It's just profitable to mix stuff up and the tiny group of vocal angry nerd dudes are way less powerful and influential than they think. Their money is less than the rest of the world has to spend on games.

The irony of a douche ranting about Norse gods having the wrong skin color... Almost all depictions of Norse gods are shit from a character and accuracy standpoint, which is much worse than the skin color being wrong. And the developers are not racist (at least not any more racist than most of us). They don't give a fuck about the skin color of the players. They just want to make games and money, and to do that it's better to include options that caters to as many people as possible.

The video maker's summary is good: No one outside Internet nerd culture cares, and even among us most people see that the rants are not based on facts.

Ugh, what a slow talking dude. He could've summarized it much better. Good of him though. He will likely get lots of hate from the angry men who lack almost all ability to question their own beliefs.
He has his own style; I find it relaxing in comparison to other people shouting in their videos or talking dangerously close to the speed of light. But I agree it could be shorter. Either way, he's very good at argumenting! I'm impressed how easily he makes other people's justifications look infantile and utterly wrong.

I think it's risky, too. In those domains, a lot of people don't think - they're just 'convinced' and react to anything that doesn't agree with their beliefs. Mobs, ready to lynch. Scary stuff.

PS: I sincerely hope that most of us see through this, but I'm not so sure.

He has his own style; I find it relaxing in comparison to other people shouting in their videos or talking dangerously close to the speed of light. But I agree it could be shorter. Either way, he's very good at argumenting! I'm impressed how easily he makes other people's justifications look infantile and utterly wrong.

I think it's risky, too. In those domains, a lot of people don't think - they're just 'convinced' and react to anything that doesn't agree with their beliefs. Mobs, ready to lynch. Scary stuff.

PS: I sincerely hope that most of us see through this, but I'm not so sure.

I don't know if people see through this kind of thing in general,but I'm pretty sure gaming is such a fringe issue to most people,it just seems silly to them.

Back
Top Bottom