Games in the 40 hour range?

Nukester

Sentinel
I've checked out gamelengths.com and howlongtobeat.com but I'm not sure how accurate they are, so I was wondering what games could be suggested that are in the neighborhood of 40 hours. I feel that 40-50 hrs is the sweet spot for me unless it's something open world or mmo like Skyrim or Everquest. Any suggestions?

Gothic 1 - I finished in close to 40 hours.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - Also finished it at around 40 hours.

Both excellent games but older so you may have played them already.

Risen 2 is also good but I finished that in 60 hours, basically a "leisure completionist" run.

Thanks for the response. I don't finish many games, but you managed to pick two that I actually did finish and pretty much based my 40 hours sweet spot on, along with KotOR lol. Gothic I is my actually my favorite. I started KotOR II but got bored quickly with the combat, although I enjoyed the first one a lot, and I much prefer a fantasy setting over sci-fi

Basically looking for a story based rpg in that range. Anything longer and I lose my way, especially if I have to put the game down for any length of time

Check out Mars: War Logs. I think you might like that one. Iirc I finished it in the 30-40 hour range, and as a fan of Gothic, you should enjoy it.

If you're not in the mood for Sci-fi, maybe give Bound By Flame a shot. Coincidently, that's from the same developer as Mars: War Logs. I haven't finished that one myself, but I'm told it's around 30 hours.

I'm going to assume you've already played Risen and Divinity II.

I haven't played the Risen games yet. I don't have any of them, but I do have Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga. I have that one on both PC and XBox360, but have only played maybe 5 hours or so on the XBOX360 version. If I recall I really liked it until I went against some mage guy and couldn't roll out of the way fast enough. That's a nice suggestion though and maybe Ill give it another whirl.

Divinity II does have a few tough battles that took me several tries to get through successfully.

Good game to stick with, though.

I really liked the first Risen but not sure if can finished in 40ish hours. Combat is hard, story is great maybe if you played it on easy to lessen the impact that the combat takes.

I haven't played the Risen games yet. I don't have any of them, but I do have Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga. I have that one on both PC and XBox360, but have only played maybe 5 hours or so on the XBOX360 version. If I recall I really liked it until I went against some mage guy and couldn't roll out of the way fast enough. That's a nice suggestion though and maybe Ill give it another whirl.

I'd say Risen should be your first choice then. I'm really surprised you haven't played it already.

Divinity II DKS is also really good, but it's definitely longer than 40 hours.

Sadly I too struggle to finish games. I did finish and agree with the comments above re Divinity 2 but it'll take longer than 40hrs IMO.

Have fun =)

Hmm, let's see... Valkyria Chronicles might make it if you do well (though that's only barely an RPG - it's really more of a tactics game). Deus Ex HR takes around 40 hours.

If you're looking for something quick & fun, South Park: Stick of Truth is good and only around 20-25 hours.

Legend of Eisenwald also took me around 40 hours, if you don't mind a story based strategy-rpg mix. If you haven't played Deus Ex, I'd highly recommend it as well.

40 hours is just a general guideline. I certainly wouldnt mind a shorter game since I might actually finish it, but Im not looking for 100+ hour epic stories. Ill most likely never ever finish a game that long anymore

Ill have to check out Risen. Im sure it could be found fairly cheap by now. I think I actually have Legend of Eisenwald so I could give that a shot also. I love strategy games, and prefer turn based anyway

As far as I remember all Mass Effect games took me from 20 to 40 hours to finish. Also Dragon Age 2- 13 hours. Epic RPG:biggrin: South Park Stick of Truth took me around 20 hours to finish it with all side quests. Also, I agree with previous comments, that Risen, VtM Bloodlines and Divinity 2 are also the great choice. Although, as far as I remember Dragon Knight Saga is longer than 40 hours.

I don't understand this thread.
ME games are finishable in 15ish hours if you'll ignore sidecontent. If you'll explore the universe, then it'll be 40 hours.
Same goes for 100+ hours games. Skyrim you can finish most probably in an hour.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I think Ill give Risen a shot since its only like $10 on Steam now

I don't understand this thread.

Some gamers on this site finish alot of games. Definitely alot more than I do. Some seem to be able to finish 3 100+ hour games in like a week. Since alot of games are completed, I wanted to get an idea of some games that were completed in the 40 hour range. Of course if you skip all content and go right to the end, some games are beatable in minutes if you have the right cheats or knowledge of how to "beat" the game. Thats not what I was looking for. Thanks for the input though

Here are some RPGs that pop into my mind and hadn't been mentioned already.

King's bounty games.IIRC they are around 40-50 hours long each. Ok it's more strategy than RPG but still consider it.

Serpent in staglands.Around 40 hours but this game takes some time to get into.

Underrail.40 hours maybe for speedrun, for all quest it will take twice that long.

Expeditions:Conquistador.Around 30 hours IIRC.

Shadowrun.Each game is around 20 hours long.

Lords of Xulima:Around 60 hours.

Paper sorcerer.Around 20 hours.

Lords of Xulima:Around 60 hours.

I thought this was a long game. I have that one, and I loved the little I did play of it (made it to some cave with a ton of spiders early on in the game). If this game clocks in around 60-70 hours or so, Id defintely play that one. I was under the impression that it was 100+ hours. Of course as Joxer pointed out if you skip everything it could prbably be completed in a decent amount of time. Figuring that I get alittle OCD and will most likely want to finish the majority of sidequests

It can take lot longer if you want to kill every creature and find every secret but normal run it can be completed in around 60 hours.

Back
Top Bottom