Gaming BS of the week

Arkane Studios are searching for a monetization designer.

Monetization Designer

Division: Arkane Studios - France | Department: Design | Location: Lyon , FR

Arkane Studios is seeking a talented and experienced Monetization Designer to join us in making AAA games.

The candidate will collaborate with the designers, production and programming teams to manage the monetization features.

Responsibilities

• Develop and manage the economy/monetization components
  • Implement and design monetization related features and content in the natural continuity of the game’s creative direction
  • Coordinating closely with production and other departments to meet projects goals
  • Design game features that monetize and re-engage players in a consumer-friendly way
  • Review reporting on in-game currency usage, earning and purchasing
  • Drive initiatives for monetizing the customer base
[…]

I won't be buying anymore of their games, thats for sure.

I think this is another area where the market could sort things out. It's similar to the idea that if you overcharge for your products, you profit for a while, but you also create an opportunity for competitors to come in and undercut you. I think in-game monetisation could be viewed in a similar way, and it creates a space for other studios establish themselves by creating games free from those practices.

Arkane Studios are searching for a monetization designer.
I won't be buying anymore of their games, thats for sure.
Joxex posted another link to the same story on the last page but it's not a surprise for me. As Arkane lost a few employees and it's last games did not sell well.
Arkane Lyon – the studio responsible for much of Dishonored 2 – seems to be hiring to develop the monetisation of its upcoming projects. A recent job posting (via resetera) for a monetization designer at the French studio would see the successful candidate working with several teams “to manage the monetization features” of its upcoming games.
Most people scoffed at me when I linked the oneangry gamer article before..

Link - https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...stuck-between-two-competing-ideologies/67581/

Yeah, because oneangrygamer is full of it, and desperately wants to make everything into a SJW issue.

Certainly a good fit for "Gaming BS of the week".

Yeah, because oneangrygamer is full of it, and desperately wants to make everything into a SJW issue.

I say BS to you as that site called it first last year.:smug:.
Recently news broke that Dishonored was shelved for the foreseeable future.

While this news was only just revealed to the world, Arkane in Lyon, France has known this for the past year. While my sources couldn’t say with certainty if this was what caused studio founder Raphaël Colantonio to disembark from the studio last year, it was stated that he left shortly after the pitch for both Dishonored 3 and Prey 2 had been turned down by Zenimax.

With Arkane Lyon’s flagship series put on hold, and with no other game approved to start production, the studio was broken into multiple teams. The first worked on Wolfenstein 2 DLC with Machine Games, while another team aided with the development of Wolfenstein Cyberpilot. A game as per a source that is “not great”. Meanwhile, any team members who weren’t working on Wolfenstein projects were left to prepare a project for a new and original game. A game, that as of July 2018, has yet to be officially green lit.

I was unable to gather any specifics as to what the current idea for a new game entailed, but I was informed that it’s being pitched with live service in mind. A direction that Zenimax is pushing for.

Across the pond in Texas, Arkane Austin is going through a similar conundrum.
The studio should be a year into development for Prey 2, but after weak sales of the first game — a game which was already under immense pressure to succeed after the financial disappointment that was Dishonored 2 — the pitch for a sequel was turned down.

Following the ‘disappointing’ releases of Dishonored 2 and Prey, Zenimax decided that they didn’t do well because no one buys single player games, a sentiment that one source stated was “dead ass wrong.” This mindset has led to a hard pivot by Zenimax to focus more on multiplayer and live service experiences, with only a few single player games in the pipeline.
Let this sink in they were correct first despite you and others calling it BS.:kiss:

3iBd.gif

Last edited:
Funny how you left out the first paragraph that kinda proves my point about angrygamer…

Do I really have to quote my own post to make you notice that you completely missed what I said there?

Also, if you keep shilling for angrygamer, maybe you should give up your whole "gaming journalism is tainted!" routine. It's hypocritical.

Two more video's from my favorite You-tuber about gaming BS this week.:biggrin:

I'm ignoring the SJW counter poster above.:p

Couch has a number of these lunatics living in his basement. I think it's nice he makes so much time for them.

:p

Couch has a number of these lunatics living in his basement. I think it's nice he makes so much time for them.

:p
Welcome to the discussion was waiting for you to join in.:biggrin:

Anyway I'll keep shilling One Angry Gamer till other websites stop their propaganda driven articles against gamers (Not going to happen as they are activist's not journalist's).

Which means never so get used to it or ignore me.

Update: At least 500 of those hacks have been fired this month.:celebrate:

Finally, the vocal outragers feel heard and can perpetuate their animosity on a daily basis - and I guess that means you can profit from pretending you know something, as long as you make it sound like you're outraged and that people have been treating the poor gamers horribly in one way or another.

To me, it's just another way that people lie and deceive their way to success - and it's really no different from Trump voters or whatever else people get up to, to feel good about feeling bad.

I would be amused more than anything, if not for the fact that it's starting to actually affect professional critics - and the larger audience, ignorant of the realities of the gaming industry, have a harder time thinking for themselves - as they have people shouting about how crappy all those games they don't personally like - by people they've never met that they hate - really are.

I'm slow & late as usual...but as for Arkane I love their games enough that I'll wait and see how it's done before I burn them at the stake.

But yeah, that's a bad sign.

If they make the "monetization" something worth buying at a reasonable price I'd buy it just to help keep Arkane making games.

Anyway I'll keep shilling One Angry Gamer till other websites stop their propaganda driven articles against gamers (Not going to happen as they are activist's not journalist's).
Balance propaganda with propaganda. I'm sure that will somehow fix it.

Which means never so get used to it or ignore me.
There's more than these two options, so thank you, but no. ;)

I now have you on ignore.:biggrin:

Funny-Monkey-Fingers-In-Ears.jpg

See it's easy to ignore reading posts.

Well it has over 100 members on it over the last eight years.

Dart's been on and off of it many times.:cool:

It's mostly Codex members anyway.:p

Back
Top Bottom