Geneforge 2 - Infestation - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Geneforge 2 - Infestation has been released - a livestream is planned for March 31 AT 12:00 AM:

Geneforge 2 - Infestation Release Livestream and Q&A #2

Release stream! Take a look at the new unique, open-ended fantasy RPG in an alien world.

Geneforge 2 - Infestation is a truly open-ended fantasy adventure in a unique world of alien fantasy. You are one of the Shapers, wizards with the awesome power to create life. Want a tool, a trap, an army? You summon it into existence. You create mighty beasts, and they totally obey you. Usually. Almost 90 zones to explore and 50+ hours of gameplay. Multitudes of skills, abilities, factions, treasures, and servants to create.

Geneforge 2 - Infestation is coming out March 27 for Windows and Macintosh. We're celebrating the game with several developer streams. Come see the game and ask questions!

This livestream is done by the developer, a grumpy indie developer veteran who has been making his odd, low-budget, fun adventures for 30 (!) years. Enjoy learning about Geneforge and the indie games business from a fun old crank.
Thanks Yemeth!

More information.

I'm curious about this one. The old Geneforge games all looked great, but I never played them when it was due and now they feel too outdated.

After I finish DD2 I might jump into it and check the remasters, the first instalment had a pretty good reception.

I've played the original Geneforge trilogy - and I can recommend them story and gameplay-wise. The graphics were functional back then.

Good still haven't played the first remake though I enjoyed his Avadon and Queen games. Still wish he would use a modern engine with better graphics though.

I actually love how Spiderweb Software games look. To me, they're easier on the eyes than 3D with shadows, lighting and complex effects. It feels like every other studio out there tries to upgrade graphics with each new game, even when what they had before was perfectly serviceable, and the new stuff just raises cost of development. I mean, it's OK that some people bring the industry forward, but maybe a few more people should be like Vogel and stick with the good thing they've got. It works for JRPGs where studios often reuse the same engine with almost same level of visuals for years, why shouldn't it work for western RPGs? "Just" write good stories and create interesting mechanics! (I know it's actually HARD to do this things, but you still need them, even if you make graphics better, don't you?).

I wish Jeff would open-source his engine (maybe some time around his retirement?). I would really like to play with it, maybe try to make my own RPG.

I agree with practically everything you said above, MaxEd. The best thing about their games or at least one of the best that I enjoy is that you can actually play on day one and likely not have to wait for necessary patches/updates, if such suits you.

Plays great on Steam Deck - the trackpad is used as a mouse. I haven't gone through mapping keys to buttons yet but will soon.

Back
Top Bottom