General Fighting Games Thread

Leoking

Kaiser
I've already clocked in 30+ hours on Tekken 8 a few days after getting it.
Leo and Heihachi have been my mains but since Heihachi is gone (RIP) Leo is my main for 8 and he's been fantastic if a bit on the more OP

I'm a diehard fan of Tekken since 4 (5 being my favorite).

There doesn't seem to be that many fighting game fans so I'm opening this megathread for the few who want to discuss fighting games more like SNK, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur, etc.

I play Mortal Kombat (since MK1), Injustice (1&2) and Killer Instinct (since 1). I use a fightstick which I built using parts I ordered from Japan.

Not good at any of them but I just like to finish the single player campaigns. I think I have won about 10 online fights in my whole life - out of about 15-20 tries. Luckily most PC gamers seem to have pretty average skills like me.

Personally I haven't played any fighting games since I owned a PS3. Lately I mostly game on the PC and you'll need a controller, or they end up being a pain to play.

Recently I tried the Mortal Kombat reboot. Didn't feel the same as past games.

Oof, the last game focused only on fighting must have been The Way of the Exploding Fist on C64, and that's in great part because it had a 2-player option. I quickly got bored and moved on to more interesting genres. That game had a good technical approach, though, and there were a lot of movements and combos.

Humble Bundle has a huge bundle of fighting games and beat-em-ups (plus some arcade shooters) right now for $20 or more.

That is a nice bundle.

Back
Top Bottom