General News - Purpleblob Discusses Custom Portraits

I almost always feel that there are never enough character portrait choices. It'd be nice to be able to tweak the tints a bit to match my character choice, but I'm sure the artists would dislike that. What I sometimes end up doing is tweaking my character to look like the portrait, but that is seldom satisfactory. In the end though it's not that important since the portraits make little difference to the game play.

In the end though it's not that important since the portraits make little difference to the game play.

We have quite contrasting view on this - for me, portraits do make a rather significant difference because it helps me to get into my character better which I think is quite essential in "roleplaying" game ;)

Yeah everyone is different but when I play I rarely obsess over RP my character. I do try to match the portrait but many times I didn't care if it matched exactly. Just my two cents.

Funny enough, IWD was one of the games I had very difficult time to find decent custom portraits due to its very unique style.

I only ever found two I quite liked:

Wow, great finds. She(?) really nails that IWD style by Justin Sweet. Especially with the second one, it feels so familiar I had to go and check this isn't just a modification of an existing IWD portrait. It isn't!

Back
Top Bottom