GTA / RDR Possible Remakes

The trailer looks great. Somehow Rockstar always manages to surprise me. I was not expecting much from GTA6 after the über-success of GTA5, but it looks like they might be able to pull off another masterpiece.

Vice City is their fantasy version of Miami, right? @JDR13, was it that you live there?

I'm pretty close. It's about a 2.5 hours drive southeast from me.
Any special feelings when a game is set so close to where you live although in a fantasy world?

I remember thinking that Skellige in the Witcher 3 was well-made, although real-life Norway is prettier. I wish we had wyverns, I had a sword, witcher-reflexes and the all-mighty save-load spell, though :ROFLMAO:

Any special feelings when a game is set so close to where you live although in a fantasy world?
I think there's always a certain sense of nostalgia when a game/movie/show is set in a place you've lived or are very familiar with.

I've never lived in Miami, but I've been there quite a few times. Plus some of the things in the trailer, like the guy pulling the alligator out of a swimming pool, are things you've seen or heard of if you live anywhere in Florida.

Also, the landscape (palm trees, etc) there is identical to where I live (minus the big city lights).

Yeah, I think I'll need to see it running live to get an actual idea about the graphics. There's definitely detail there, but it's also not as sharp as I'd like it to be. But it might be due to the compression. Now that I've seen it in a higher res video I can definitely see the compression artifacts.
Plus, we don't know if this is console or PC running it. I'd like it to be console, which would mean the PC version could look even better.
But for PC we're looking at 2026 or later, since they said again it would be 1 year after console. Plus any potential delays to the console version even, which will push the PC one as well.

Apparently some earlier leak about the game said it will be double in size compared to GTA5. And that 70% of buildings will be explorable, though I hope there's reason to.
They're probably gonna use the same map for the online portion of the game, and that will be the real money maker for them, as it's proved to be in GTA5.
I also wonder if they'll make the first person camera a 1st class citizen in this one, and not just tacked on like they did in 5.

I think the trailer looks very good, the graphics are better than GTA V, and the Vice city does look just like Miami, or at least the pictures I have seen of the Miami area featured to get the tourists there (never been in real life). That said, I don't like the two lead characters, they don't seem very interesting to me. The girl just seems boring, but I get they can't show much personality in the one or two minute trailer, and the guy isn't much better. Why should I be interested in these characters? That said, perhaps they will have other featured main or side characters we get to play...like in GTA V, I liked how there were big differences in the characters. You could play a grizzled middle aged criminal living the high life crime can bring in mansions and so on in one part, and a young black upcoming criminal, living in "da hood" on another part, etc.

Hopefully if the two main characters shown so far are as boring as they seem, others in the game that we can play are not being featured yet.

Hopefully if the two main characters shown so far are as boring as they seem, others in the game that we can play are not being featured yet.
Afaik, there are no other playable characters. I remember an article that claimed Rockstar had initially planned to have as many as four playable characters but ultimately settled on the two.

Shouldn't come as a surprise for anyone who plays GTA only on a PC.
From a business perspective, it makes total sense to skip PC. Release the game on consoles, make a lot of money, and then release it on PC so that you can make even more profits. By doing that, some may even double-dip.

And, I’m going to be honest with you. PC gamers DESERVE to be treated like second-class citizens. If you didn’t like this attitude, you wouldn’t have made RDR2 and GTA5 huge commercial successes on PC. If you wanted to be treated as first-class citizens, you would have sent the appropriate message by not buying Rockstar’s games. But no, you had to buy those games. So, time to reap what you sow. Oh, and I can guarantee you. The moment the PC pre-orders go live, A LOT of PC gamers will pre-order it. And that says a lot.

So, there you have it. No GTA 6 for us PC gamers. But hey, don’t worry. You’ll get it in 2026 or 2027. You’ll still suck on Rockstar’s finger. And you will all like it. And that’s why Rockstar will keep treating you the way it does.

Nothing to see here wrong thread. Can't delete.:whistle:

That GTA VI won't launch on all platforms simultaneously was already known. DSOG must have just been looking for something to write about.

Meh Rock Star has shafted the PC market for over a decade already. Whats insane is with all the money they earned on GTA 5 they still can never release games on every platform.

Yet their competitors have no problem doing so. Oh well I'm not a hyperactive buyer.

Funny though given how Rock Star started as a PC only developer.
The founder of Rockstar has a crippling fear of mice (the animal not the computer part) and as such, becomes paralyzed with fear everytime he even thinks about mice, so he has a "no computers" rule when it comes to Rockstars games because computers make him think of mice, luckily for all of us, his business partner basically gets the devs to work on it (being a computer port of the game) in secret and then they quietly release the computer version when the founder is on his holidays.:rotfl:

Meh Rock Star has shafted the PC market for over a decade already. Whats insane is with all the money they earned on GTA 5 they still can never release games on every platform.

Yet their competitors have no problem doing so.
Yeah, it went so well for CDPR the last time!

PS. I don't get these complaints about a studio releasing on some platforms before others. I just take it as extended beta-testing. The game will come on all platforms soon enough. The PC ports of Rockstar games are often mediocre, however.

Yeah, it went so well for CDPR the last time!

PS. I don't get these complaints about a studio releasing on some platforms before others. I just take it as extended beta-testing. The game will come on all platforms soon enough. The PC ports of Rockstar games are often mediocre, however.
It's all about the benjamin's that's the only god given truth. :greedy:

They don't care about the PC that's the second truth. Release on console, two years later on PC , and again with a remaster five years after that to once gain record profits.

Meanwhile other developers don't complain or make excuses on why the PC version is delayed. They have different teams working on three versions at the same time.

Bottom-line GTA isn't a bought console exclusive to one system it never was.

Heh anyway it's making them billions by milking one game so the formula works.

PS. I wasn't complaining just stating another observation.:rotfl:

Last edited:
York goes on to say that "it's hard to do that as a developer, because the team isn't big enough"—which, hold up. This is Rockstar we're talking about, right?

I do want to be fair here and say that developers themselves don't get to choose the size of their teams or the budget allocated to them. York (and Rockstar's current devs) might want more resources to make a PC port, but they are paid a salary by a company to do a job. From York's perspective, this is absolutely true.

But Rockstar had over 1,000 people working on GTA 5, and nearly 2,000 on Red Dead Redemption 2. Take-Two Interactive (which owns Rockstar Games) had a 2023 net revenue of $5.35 billion, and I feel obligated to remind you that a billion is a thousand million. I don't have a head for business, so I'm sure the reality is more complicated—but I'd be willing to bet that Take-Two has the money to fund a PC port if it really wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom