Iceland wins

Well said indeed. Korea isn't out, the odds certainly aren't in their favour right now, but when you put people's backs up against the wall, often the cream rises to the occasion. One of the joys of this competition has been no overwhelming juggernauts, even the defending champions can fall and the way this is lining up, many still have a chance at redemption.

Sweeden scored twice and will probably win the match. No goals in Germany vs Korea match yet. Both matches will last cca 30 minutes more. And it's still nothing certain, lol.
While I don't care much who'll pull through in this group, somehow I find this "mess" very exciting. Who'd have thought. I mean, I hate random generator based videogames.

EDIT:
Sweeden scored the third one - and it's autogoal by mexicans. Seems Mexico lost the concentration completely.
I bet GothicGothicness is there in the crowd yelling like crazy. ;)

EDIT2:
Korea scored, OMG, speaking of near impossible victory. Twice and 2 minutes before the end. Too late though, Sweeden took the cream and will continue the cup with Mexico. Korea and Germany will go home.

Tonight's group matches are among Brazil/Switzerland/Serbia/CostaRica. Boooooooooooorin'. :D

Last edited:
Wow, wasn’t expecting that. Good game from Korea.
Congrats to Sweden and Mexico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a German I have to admit that our team's performance has been subpar in all of the three group games. They certainly didn't deserve to move on into the round of sixteen and a team like England or Brazil would have probably crushed them anyway.

R.I.P. Deutschland.

Though I confess I was rooting for Germany in their last match, the football the german team presented was awful all this whole World Cup. Germany only needed to score just one goal vs. South Korea and they couldn't do that? Really? How can Draxler stay in the bench all the match ? :wall:

Waiting for Brasil's match…

I haven't laughed so hard in a while as I did when that second South Korean goal went in on an undefended German net.

:D

Germany played really well against Sweden, they could have won that one easily by 5-1 or 6-1. Today was the opposite, all were dead men. I think Low has most of the fault; he started again with Ozil which was shit in the first match, he played again with Werner who was total shit in both games. How can you let Gomez on the bench, is beyond me.

Anyway, statistically speaking, its not really a surprise, now with the germans out, its 4th time in the last 5 world cups when the champions dont exit the group. (hmm or 3rd time in 4 editions? forgot hehe)

dSy7zrP.jpg
:))

Amazing game. Germans didn't play nearly as good as they can and Koreans proved a hard opponent. Pity they didn't go through.
Anyway, looking forward to the Serbia vs Brazil match. I think I'll bite all my nails, I almost did so during the match with Switzerland. Hopefully Serbia wins :D

I was rooting for Germany in that one. Oh well! I'm happy for Sweden and Mexico who went through.

Shame that Korea couldn't go through after a giant slaying.

Congrats to Sweden, Mexico and Korea. Germany didn't play as a team this time and men like Klose, Mertesacker, Lahm and Schweinsteiger are not playing anymore.

They should really rename this into Croatia: Putting everyone in their place, one match at a time. :cool:

In a world where deserve has nothing to do with it, Mexico emerged scorched but hale, and will continue. Germany's performance has been spotty at best and many others would say lackluster, and their time was written on the wall. My heart goes out to all the Koreans on that squad, they were backed into the proverbial corner and started lobbing grenades, but only succeeded in vanquishing their enemies for the moment.

I'll laugh my head off if this all boils down to Mexico versus Portugal =p

I had right from the start the feeling as if "this will be the shortest championship in the history [of Germany]".
That feeling was there after the match against Mexico.

Still high on the Sweden win, although in the end a draw would have sufficed since Germany lost. Can't say I'm thrilled we're probably getting the Swiss in the next round, they have a great team. Guess it's better than Brazil tough…

My money and my hope (if I disregard Sweden) is on Croatia, they've been playing some awesome football and none of the "great" football nations have really delivered so far in my opinion, apart from maybe England. Belgium would be my second bet after Croatia.

England look like a bit of a glass cannon, to put it in RPG terms. Look like they could put a few goals past anybody, but also concede them far too easily.

England look like a bit of a glass cannon, to put it in RPG terms. Look like they could put a few goals past anybody, but also concede them far too easily.

True, but that often makes for some really fun games to watch.
The Glass Cannon is one of my favourite builds…

True, but that often makes for some really fun games to watch.

I think the Belgium game could be good. The pressure is off both of them, but they'll both want to keep the momentum and confidence going. Could be a recipe for a good one, with some risks taken.

The scary thing about Croatia is just how well-rounded the entire team is. They can mount serious offence, their defence is absolutely solid, and the goal tender is no slouch. That team is the total package.

If you really want to be impressed, just look at their coaching staff. Like a sick amount of phd's in the sport.

Oh well, Serbia lost, now I have to find a new team to root for. Croatia seems to have the most solid team as far as I've seen, and they are neighbors so they are my first pick. I'm interested to see if England can do anything so they are my second pick. For some reason Belgium doesn't appeal to me, but they have a great team too. Uruguay also won all three matches, but I haven't seen them so I can't comment on their play.
There is also a possibility that Portugal, Spain, Argentina, and Brazil will "wake up" and proceed to play better, but that remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom