Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Official Announcement Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Kingdom Come: Deliverance II has been officially announced for 2024 - it's twice as big as the original game:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 - Official Announcement Trailer

Diving back into the heart-pounding world of 15th Century Bohemia (Central Europe), Kingdom Come: Deliverance II picks up where its predecessor left off, thrusting players into the shoes of Henry, the steadfast son of a blacksmith, embroiled in a tumultuous tale of vengeance, betrayal, and self-discovery. You will traverse a crafted medieval landscape, from the grandeur of royal courts, all while navigating the treacherous currents of a kingdom torn apart by civil war.
More information.

Is anyone surprised.....come on raise your hand if you are. Like I said about damn time

lost interest during first, this one seems more engaging and artistic

On the plus side it's releasing sometime this year baring any delays.

Twice as big....wow. That's going to make it beyond huge. And I'm all for it!
Well with six going on seven years of development there probably telling the truth. I'm surprised they went the route of announce when it's close to release.

Most studious nowadays hype games for years before they release.

Last edited:
Well with six going on seven years of development there probably telling the truth. I'm surprised they went the route of announce when it's close to release.

Most studious nowadays hype games for years before they release.
Indeed. This is surprising. By now, I thought the project was dead.

Hey! Henry's come to see us!
I'm really happy about this. KCD is definitely among my top 5 games.
The two things I hope for this game are that you can save normally like in other games (they could add the previous save system as an option in the settings for those who prefer it) and that you get the dog (is in the trailer) in the base game and not a DLC like in the first game.

I don't get why they would make it twice as big. The first was already huge, almost too big. No wonder this one is taking longer to make - I wonder if the bigger size will make it a better game or not?

I don't get why they would make it twice as big. The first was already huge, almost too big. No wonder this one is taking longer to make - I wonder if the bigger size will make it a better game or not?
If they're including a city, maybe they needed a bigger map to capture enough of the country around it? I wonder what size this city will be.

Let's hope it doesn't come at the expense of quality or performance. The variety of quests in the first game was inspiring; I still remember about the quests around and inside that monastery.

They are really pulling some pretty serious numbers across all social media platforms. A very well reviewed first game combined with some favourable media coverage + fans themselves hyping it means they could have a real hit on their hands if the hype keeps building for next 6 months or so till release.

The two things I hope for this game are that you can save normally like in other games (they could add the previous save system as an option in the settings for those who prefer it) and that you get the dog (is in the trailer) in the base game and not a DLC like in the first game.
The dog appears in the trailer, twice, in one shot it is running next to the horses. About saving I agreee, but if they don't there will be a mod to fix that very fast.

It will have the same saving system, but ingredients for the potions will be more common/easier to aquire. There will be more frequent autosaves (according to Fextralife's exclusive info).

If they're including a city, maybe they needed a bigger map to capture enough of the country around it? I wonder what size this city will be.

Let's hope it doesn't come at the expense of quality or performance. The variety of quests in the first game was inspiring; I still remember about the quests around and inside that monastery.
It will have two maps. One of those will be the city. The rationale is that the city is several kilometers away from the main map area, so going to the city means "fast traveling". The devs say it's the only loading in the game (besides the initial one when you start, of course). I would add that it also helps the performance.

They have several months to polish, but apparently the game already runs well on current good PCs.
They are having difficulty to get 60fps on the consoles, but have still months to try their best, but they don't promise 60FPS. They didn't mention how many FPS they're getting now.

Nice. I suppose it's coming from Fextralife's exclusive?

Here's the link for everyone.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atzuu2m2E68

EDIT: Regarding the release date, Fextralife says nothing has been said about it, but one dev said end 2024 so we shouldn't expect anything soon.

Last edited:
Looks interesting!
I hope they rehaul the combat system, I found the first one super weird with the controls, especially for mouse+keyboard. This is what made me eventually drop the game after about 1/3 of the progress.

It will have the same saving system, but ingredients for the potions will be more common/easier to aquire. There will be more frequent autosaves (according to Fextralife's exclusive info).
This is disappointing. I might wait until someone mod this out to play the game. I don't like to replay a sequence many times. I'm the sort of player who wish every game included an autosave every 5 minutes feature because if my character dies and I haven't saved for the last 15 minutes, if often enough to make me want to quit playing a game. And a save potion just feels cheesy and ridiculous.

Personally, while I used Mouse & Keyboard, I was «ok» with the combat system. I finished the game, and even won the tournament, without being able to do most of those fancy attacks the trainer was telling us about. I guess if I had mastered them, winning would have been easier... But I thought it was fun enough as is.

Archery was something else, however. I only got decent at hunting rabbits (thanks to the bow dot reticle mod) but in actual battle, it was very difficult.

Back
Top Bottom